10+ Year Old Account

Help me fix my Xbox 360

Ok soooooo background

I'm 99.999999999999% sure its the graphics card

When ever i turn on my Xbox it goes to a black screen with white lines appearing in a vertical pattern while I still hear sound. I tried the towel trick and it for a short while worked. would last maybe a day or 2 before the card gave out again (and this was with fable 1..... what graphics.....)

help me fix my xbox 360 I'm tired of my wii and hero mode skyward sword (although i did just beat mecha shiva)

sooooo is their a way to fix this..... or must i shell out mad money to replace. either the box or the card.

Deleted
    Have you looked inside? Could be a nasty dust build-up.If not take it to a console repair shop it's usually cheaper than MS.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm ill give ita look see

---------- Post added 2012-06-09 at 04:19 AM ----------

i do not think its dust

The intergrated graphics card cannot be swapped out. Why your posting here instead of the 100s of sites that can be found through an easy google search. Chances are your not going to be able to fix it yourself without orders a bunch of shit off the net. Your best bet would be to find a local console repair shop.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is not the only site im trying but thank you zeta

Zeta is correct, if its your GPU/motherboard then the system is done. And TBH a used 360 is cheap. Likely the least money then repairing it, since no one to my knowledge will touch a 360 since once its opened the warranty is invalid and Microsoft will tell you to ship it to them to fix it for like a total of triple the price (exaggerated but not far off) of a new one.

Short answer: Just buy a new or used one.

http://www.ifixit.com/Device/Xbox_360

Check these out to see if they could help. Spend less money if you can.

Deleted
    It can be fixed easily.. Its either the gpu is loose or the hana chip. The gpu can be fixed by replacing the wrongly designed heatsink springs with screws right thru the bottom of the case, If its the hana chip i think u can weight it down and should start working again.

IVe fixed almost all local xbox 360 at some point or other and there was only 3 or 4 that wouldnt fix, Used to buy fix n sell rrod on ebay for a while too.

Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    It can be fixed easily.. Its either the gpu is loose or the hana chip. The gpu can be fixed by replacing the wrongly designed heatsink springs with screws right thru the bottom of the case, If its the hana chip i think u can weight it down and should start working again.

IVe fixed almost all local xbox 360 at some point or other and there was only 3 or 4 that wouldnt fix, Used to buy fix n sell rrod on ebay for a while too.
    Most of the time those with warped mobos and broked scaler chips the fixs are temp though, wont last you but a couple months, i milked about 4 months out of mine before i had to get a new one.