Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Depends WHAT you stockpile and how.

Mats, Bags etc. But really I sell it all now and stockpile gold. But I do constantly rack up old enchant mats for sale anyway.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Someone's never leveled tailoring on the ah.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Netherweave bags may bring 30-40g on your server. On mine at start of Cat, they MAXED at 22g. I unloaded a few tabs worth for a decent profit. but the BIGGER bags always make more gold.

Deleted
    Stocking up some mats so i can sell them and sell the new items. Generally sell tons of stuff so a gbank full cata ore,herbs and dust is just extra profit.

The OP is so wrong. I stockpiled Wrath herbs across six guild banks, paying no more than 10g per stack. Thousands of stacks were dumped by scribes after the Wrath=>lower ink trading was removed in the last pre-Cata patch. I've sold all of them for a minimum of 60g per stack over the course of Cata. I only wish I bought more.

The way it typically works is that end-game materials go down in price, but everything else goes up. Nobody wants the previous end-game gear, so the rare materials required to make it don't really sell. However, the materials used to create the crap previous-xpac gear remains in high demand because they're needed to level professions. You can bet your house on there being a race to the bottom with Maelstrom Crystals prices, but Hypnotic Dust and Celestial Essences will increase in price. The same will be true for herbs and ore.

It won't happen immediately, as stated earlier in this thread, hundreds of people will be out to make some gold. Some will fold early and cash in quickly at a low profit, and these people will help keep prices low initially. However, this stock will run out eventually.
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

I can't help but think the OP is actually a master stock-piler trying to throw people off.

I consider myself a small timer. At the end of wrath I filled 2.5 bank tabs with a particular resource. I've made an obscene ROI, selling both the mat and items crafted from it.

So as others have said, stock-piling requires some thought. But it can be excellent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tinsoul View Post
    i can't help but think the op is actually a master stock-piler trying to throw people off. :)
    FOILED AGAIN:D

Well, in all seriousness, I see some value in stockpiling, however, I believe that the huge bulk of the economy will be concerned with the new materials and the new products. Also, there is a big risk that if someone [for personal reasons] misses the first couple of weeks, he may lose the bulk of the "price apocalypse" some products will experience. i.e. if someone enters the market slightly later than needed, he may lose most of the profit. Also, there is the risk that if something profitable is public, well, it might not be profitable for long.

Everything. I've spent about 500k in mats and have another 500k gold to spend. I want to go into MoP with only about 50-75k. Gold is the worst thing you could stockpile for an expansion because 100k gold now is a 100k gold in MoP however tremendous amounts of inflation has occurred due to questing so your 100k in MoP isn't worth as much as it is currently. All in all, that 100k of yours just sitting in your bags isn't making you any profit whereas investing it smartly is guaranteed profit.

Not to mention, this is the first expansion where we have gotten a new race AND a new class. There will be more rerolls / alts than ever before.. each one of them needing to level their professions up plus all the mains who will be switching professions.
    Last edited by Arrow91; 2012-06-12 at 05:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerodynamic View Post
    I've spent about 500k in mats and have another 500k gold to spend.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttsa51 View Post
    I've spent about 500k in mats and have another 500k gold to spend.
    ???????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    ???????????????????
    A keen eye...very suspect though.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.