Deleted

Combat Rogue Weapons

Everyone and every website I ask tell me different things, so I don't know what to believe. Thus, I'll ask the experienced Rogues right here:

Do I want a 2.60 in MH and 1.80/40 in OH as a Combat Rogue

OR

do I want a 1.80 in MH and 1.40 in OH?

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    1.80 in MH and 1.40 in OH is only an option if you're speaking of the Legendary Daggers. Combat needs a slow MH and a fast OH; As of now that'd be a 2.60 MH and a 1.40 OH. Think of it like this, your OH is essentially just needed to apply poisons! The faster it is, the more poisons are applied. That's essentially what it boils down to.

In MOP 1.40 OHs are all being changed to 1.80. So the "slow MH + 1.80 OH" will indeed apply to Combat as well, seeing as 1.80 will be the "fastest" off-hands in existence.

In short...
    Combat now; 2.60 speed MH and 1.40 speed OH
    Combat now with Legendaries; 1.80 speed MH and 1.40 speed OH
    Combat in MOP; Likely 2.60 MH and 1.80 OH

10+ Year Old Account
    Slow main hand abilities will do more dmg with a slower weapon.
    this is why the legendary daggers have +45% dmg for SS and RvS

Fast off hand for poison application and combat potency procs
    Im not going to lay down and walk away, im going to turn my back and face the future!.

Deleted
    Aha, so that's what's going on. Yeah, I got that OHs are supposed to add Poisons ASAP, which is why they need to be as fast as possible. However, I was unsure about the MH. The Legendary Daggers are given BiS weapons, but I've also seen Rogues run around with weapons such as The Sleeper and The Dreamer. Just now did I realize that they also form a set.

Thanks for the help! Cleared up a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultismash View Post
    Aha, so that's what's going on. Yeah, I got that OHs are supposed to add Poisons ASAP, which is why they need to be as fast as possible. However, I was unsure about the MH. The Legendary Daggers are given BiS weapons, but I've also seen Rogues run around with weapons such as The Sleeper and The Dreamer. Just now did I realize that they also form a set.

Thanks for the help! Cleared up a lot!
    Fear/Vengeance and The Sleeper/The Dreamer are the stage 1 and stage 2 sets of the legendary daggers, they also provide the 45% increased damage to SS and RvS which makes them usable as combat. In any other case you want a 2.6 speed mainhand.

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration
    In short...
    Combat now; 2.60 speed MH and 1.40 speed OH
    Combat now with Legendaries; 1.80 speed MH and 1.40 speed OH
    Combat in MOP; Likely 2.60 MH and 1.80 OH
    They changed combat potency to proc more with slower weapons in mop. So theoretically, 2.6/2.6 will be best set up for combat. Offhand poisons won't do damage so unless you really need the nonlethal procs (Crippling in pvp without deadly brew), we probably won't be using daggers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by metalgemini View Post
    They changed combat potency to proc more with slower weapons in mop. So theoretically, 2.6/2.6 will be best set up for combat. Offhand poisons won't do damage so unless you really need the nonlethal procs (Crippling in pvp without deadly brew), we probably won't be using daggers.
    What you say would theoretically be correct if true, however, you overlooked one thing; Poisons proc off both hands, despite being on only one weapon. Both the main hand and the off hand will proc your lethal poison of choice and both your main hand and your off hand will proc your non-lethal poison of choice; Thus, still making a faster off-hand preferable.

Unless they change the poison proc system we'll never see "2.6 MH + 2.6 OH". For MOP, the 2.60 MH and 1.80 OH is set in stone. (At least for now...)