15+ Year Old Account

Shoulder soreness after arm wrestle, can't workout :(

So I did the same mistake again and challenged my friend in arm wrestle, and I won both tries, but now I'm left with a shoulder soreness/pain and I can't use it without feeling pain. It's definitly something to do with the muscle, but I can only feel it when I lift something heavy that requires the shoulders too. It's 3-4 days since it happened, and I am going to see if I can do my workout correctly today, but yesterday was a nono.

I know that it just needs time to heal and that it's stupid to arm wrestle, but I was wondering if maybe I warmed up my shoulder before workout, that I would still be able to workout, or is that bad? What's best to do right now? :S

Deleted
    The best thing you could do is call it "legs/abs week" and let this shoulder recover.

let it rest, once it feels better look up some rotater cuff workouts, as you probably need to strengthen that area if you are repeatedly hurting it while arm wrestling.

Also arm wrestling is pretty bad for your shoulders. It relies on minor muscles to do the work as opposed to major muscles, like the body is designed to use.
    Whether the world's greatest gnats or the world's greatest heroes, you're still only mortal!

I fucked up my arm a few months ago lifting a weight I shouldn't have been lifting, so I couldn't do arm exercises for at least a month. Just stretch a lot and keep doing legs/other areas.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

15+ Year Old Account
    1 week later, it's the same. Can you recommend some stretching exercises? I am really annoyed that I can't train my shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    1 week later, it's the same. Can you recommend some stretching exercises? I am really annoyed that I can't train my shoulders.
    One week isn't that long of a recovery time for injuries. Give it time and slowly work back into it. Shoulder workouts are typically the lightest weight workouts too since the delts are such tiny muscles.

Face pulls, really light weight lateral raises, light weight front raises. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9bvVGFYl-8

I fucked up my arm a few months ago lifting a weight I shouldn't have been lifting, so I couldn't do arm exercises for at least a month
    A week's not gonna do it...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Some rotator cuff injuries take up to several months to recover.
    And if you don't let it recover 100% you might damage it further, your shoulder requiring a surgery on your tendon afterwards, so don't try your luck.

In fact, i overtrained my rotator cuffs 3 days ago, was in mild pain for 2 days, but it's more or less okay now. Multivitamins and mineral-rich foods help a ton as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's 2½ weeks ago now, and the pain is almost gone. My shoulder feels so fresh again.

I really hate to damage my body and restrict myself with my workout. I will try to take better care now.

Similar accident with me, I was carrying on with a friend and lifted him. Weighs a fair bit more than I do.

Couple of days later I felt a deep pain in my shoulder and it was pretty dead. Doctor advised me I'd damaged the tendon in my shoulder, requiring cortisone injections and physio. May be nothing but I'd certainly be careful with it, can lead to some pretty nasty injuries.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

lots of stretching, if it doesnt feel right, go light weight. try to avoid presses with heavy weight for a week or 2 till it feels better and focus on raises alot to help the small muscles

As said, Stretch is alot.
    I would recommend that you get the protein you need daily to assist with the recovery and place some ice on it for atleast 15mins a day preferably before sleep

Stretching before everything you do can greatly reduce the chance of injury no matter how minor it can be which is in your case. When you begin to really begin lifting you can't afford some time off due to a stupid injury.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Overhead arm pulls, stretching both arms across your chest, taking a tennis ball and rolling it in an attempt to write the ABC's on a wall while staying a foot or so away from it; all help strengthen and stretch the shoulders.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I did the same mistake again and challenged my friend in arm wrestle, and I won both tries, but now I'm left with a shoulder soreness/pain and I can't use it without feeling pain. It's definitly something to do with the muscle, but I can only feel it when I lift something heavy that requires the shoulders too. It's 3-4 days since it happened, and I am going to see if I can do my workout correctly today, but yesterday was a nono.

I know that it just needs time to heal and that it's stupid to arm wrestle, but I was wondering if maybe I warmed up my shoulder before workout, that I would still be able to workout, or is that bad? What's best to do right now? :S
    Asking about that on a gaming forum is the brightest idea you had since you armwrestled............

Ask a PROFESSIONAL.....(sports trainer/doctor.......)

And please stop being dumb and let your ego asside when someone challenges you to armwrestle