Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Punctured View Post
    Lore evidence is Ignorant ? You might want to look through that list i linked. One of the Major NPCS, Illidan, is a Warrior. Yet hes able summon fire and demons as if he were a Warlock. Again proving you completely wrong, that Warriors are all muscle and are incapable of using any sort of magic.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=22917#abilities
    LOL, Illidan is a demon hunter, it's fracking obvious.

And since when in-game mechanics had a considerable effect on lore ? Blizzard just didn't want to waste time (rightfully so) and threw up mock ups of warrior abilities for the mechanics to function.

I wanted to add that, Warriors aren't just about strength, but they also have an incredible amount of expertise and skill.
    Last edited by mmoc3fe040ec5f; 2012-06-18 at 09:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They put up a massive steel sign that says THIS WARRIOR JUST POPPED RECK -- BLOODY FLEX IT -- but they can't do something like that with avatar? I hope to see better animations from it.

15+ Year Old Account
    If people don't sit back and relax before typing out their replies
    I will close this thread and hand out more infactions.

regardless of the animation this ability needs to be a 2mn cd.

Deleted
    Animations matter little.

As long as it helps me get the DPS I want I really could not give a s***

Those worried about animations....really?

Learn from Recklessness giving us a bullseye.

Deleted
    The only reason Reck gave us a bullseye was because of the 20% damage taken increase. People knew we were pretty weak when we popped it, so inevitably took advantage of this. This isn't the case of Avatar.

On the contrary, people will run away from that insane mad dog rushing them with all that might.

Quote Originally Posted by L Kebess View Post
    The only reason Reck gave us a bullseye was because of the 20% damage taken increase. People knew we were pretty weak when we popped it, so inevitably took advantage of this. This isn't the case of Avatar.

On the contrary, people will run away from that insane mad dog rushing him with all that might.
    No, I imagine everybody will go, "Oh shit! He popped Avatar!" and then do everything possible to A. Hamper us, B. CC us, or C. Zerg us.

Best ability warriors got in a long time, glad to finally be able to PvP on a warrior again after like 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    No, I imagine everybody will go, "Oh shit! He popped Avatar!" and then do everything possible to A. Hamper us, B. CC us, or C. Zerg us.
    You can say this about every offensive CD in the game, except this one provides an extremely strong anti-CC, one warriors really needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    In War3, Avatar made the Mountain King larger and darker. That is what it does in MoP. I find no room for complaint.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Sorry if I'm a bit direct but, to hell with Warcraft 3... This is WoW-MoP, some decade later... Things ought to evolve.

---------- Post added 2012-06-19 at 05:48 PM ----------

They could even add a minor glyph that removes the animation, for those worried about it in PvP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most level 90 talents don't even have visual changes.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    And here I thought this was going to be about how its got a terrible 3min CD when really it needs to be 1min! making it fair compared to abilities like Shadow Dance!, but no its some hello kitty island adventure level whining about what it looks like. If anything it should have no graphic at all. Were warriors! Blood and Steel, if you want fancy pantsy spell effects roll a paladin.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Were warriors! Blood and Steel, if you want fancy pantsy spell effects roll a paladin.
    People should really stop saying this, ; )

It's a matter of opinions, many of us do indeed think this.

Freedom o speech, by the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? The warrior class was never ever designed around being some magical fairy with huge glowy lights popping up. It was designed to be the guy without the magic, the guy with just steel and muscle that took that steel and made it rain blood. Thats what a warrior is about, not magical powers. Avatar should be a state of mind that the warrior gets into, pist off and unrelenting, not some namby pamby spell he casts. As such it shouldnt even really have a spell effect, just maybe give your avatar an angry face.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Why? The warrior class was never ever designed around being some magical fairy with huge glowy lights popping up. It was designed to be the guy without the magic, the guy with just steel and muscle that took that steel and made it rain blood. Thats what a warrior is about, not magical powers. Avatar should be a state of mind that the warrior gets into, pist off and unrelenting, not some namby pamby spell he casts. As such it shouldnt even really have a spell effect, just maybe give your avatar an angry face.

Because you don't need to make it as extreme as magical fairy wings that make you fly as you move. Look at thunderclap. Lightning comes down from the sky to hit the ground. They can make things cooler without making them ridiculous. As it stands, Avatar IS very lackluster. This you people are justifying giving a half assed job by blizzard, by saying "OMG DOESN'T NEED TO SHOOT RAINBOWS!" when nobody is saying that. We pay for this game, it's been YEARS since WC3, wow is evolving. Asking for Avatar, a level 90 warrior ability, to look cool is not asking much at all. We don't want Beastial Wrath 2.0 that makes us slightly brown as opposed to red. That is just lazy on Blizzard's part. Stop justifying their lack of effort. They can 100% make a move cooler without making it ridiculous. They have 10 million subscribers. This game needs to get with the times, and show us that our money/time is better spent here, as opposed to other games like GW2, SWTOR, etc. If you don't feel like it should be that way, then Blizz can add a glyph to remove the effect (or add the effect, either way is fine) so that you don't have to see it. People like these new abilities because they look cool/do things. Having something that looks like it was done in 5 minutes (yes, not 5 minutes, but had much less effort put into it than other things) just shows Blizzard doesn't care because they know people like you will continue to pay them the same money for half the effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Capers View Post
    Because you don't need to make it as extreme as magical fairy wings that make you fly as you move. Look at thunderclap. Lightning comes down from the sky to hit the ground. They can make things cooler without making them ridiculous. As it stands, Avatar IS very lackluster. This you people are justifying giving a half assed job by blizzard, by saying "OMG DOESN'T NEED TO SHOOT RAINBOWS!" when nobody is saying that. We pay for this game, it's been YEARS since WC3, wow is evolving. Asking for Avatar, a level 90 warrior ability, to look cool is not asking much at all. We don't want Beastial Wrath 2.0 that makes us slightly brown as opposed to red. That is just lazy on Blizzard's part. Stop justifying their lack of effort. They can 100% make a move cooler without making it ridiculous. They have 10 million subscribers. This game needs to get with the times, and show us that our money/time is better spent here, as opposed to other games like GW2, SWTOR, etc. If you don't feel like it should be that way, then Blizz can add a glyph to remove the effect (or add the effect, either way is fine) so that you don't have to see it. People like these new abilities because they look cool/do things. Having something that looks like it was done in 5 minutes (yes, not 5 minutes, but had much less effort put into it than other things) just shows Blizzard doesn't care because they know people like you will continue to pay them the same money for half the effort.
    And for my money Thunderclap should have been removed and replaced by whirldwind. So what you want some giant lightning bolt to streak out of the sky and strike your character then he becomes 4x as big with giant gold glow coming off him? Or what? Stuff like that to me is for paladins and shamans. If you want them to put effort into it, then fine let them animate the warriors face and change his stance when he pops avatar a noticeable change that requires effort on their part but does not give them glowy spell effect for the sake of having glowy spell effects.

Deleted
    Who said anything about wanting glowing effects ?? You are being so stubborn you don't even understand what we've being saying since the beginning of this whole thread. No one wants shiny stuff, we just want it to look good, as right now it sucks. Simple as that.

CAPERS has summarized this whole thing pretty well, if people still don't understand after that, I guess they'll never get it.

who cares about looks, in the middle of a fight you cant see it anyway.

So the warrior becomes fucking mad, swells with anger and gets stronger from his rage? I am also the only one that thinks for a class that uses Rage as a resource, we don't often have abilities that are based upon that rage?
    Last edited by Tabartank; 2012-06-20 at 04:34 AM.