Blocked ports (Norton AntiVirus)

Does anybody know how to unblock ports or even access the Firewall with the latest Norton Antivirus? Because apparently I need to open a TCP Port and with this new antivirus, I've no idea where to go.

Need to open/unblock port 25565 to connect to some minecraft server.

Deleted
    Are you sure you know what are you doing?
    You do not need open ports to connect anywhere. When you "connect to a server" thats outcoming connection. They are usually not blocked by firewall or router. On the other hand you need open ports when you are hosting server. When others wants to connect to you. That is incoming connection and they are usually blocked becouse they can be dangerous.
    And before you tinker with antivirus, chceck your router. Type 192.168.1.1 in your browser (as you would like to open that webpage) and that will (at least with most of them) allow you to connect to it. Try to find NAT (network adress translation) and you can open ports here. All routers are different so i can't help you much further.
    If this doesn't work and you are sure you want to open this port I can't help you with norton becouse i use Eset and that's different too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zothen View Post
    Are you sure you know what are you doing?
    You do not need open ports to connect anywhere. When you "connect to a server" thats outcoming connection. They are usually not blocked by firewall or router. On the other hand you need open ports when you are hosting server. When others wants to connect to you. That is incoming connection and they are usually blocked becouse they can be dangerous.
    And before you tinker with antivirus, chceck your router. Type 192.168.1.1 in your browser (as you would like to open that webpage) and that will (at least with most of them) allow you to connect to it. Try to find NAT (network adress translation) and you can open ports here. All routers are different so i can't help you much further.
    If this doesn't work and you are sure you want to open this port I can't help you with norton becouse i use Eset and that's different too.

Erm, yes I do know what I'm doing. I'm trying to open ports since the server I hosted to begin with couldn't be connected to and I can't connect to my friends server either. No matter what I try I just get "Polling..." and after 30 seconds it'll say "Can't reach server".

Deleted
    In your first post you said you want to connect to a server. If you want to host one, that is a complete different story. And your port setup has nothing to do with your inability to connect to server of your friend. He has to open his ports when you want to join his game.
    I had similar problems when i tried to host terraria server. I just could not do it without completely disabling all my security. At the end i had to switch to my laptop. Which was also good idea becouse i could run it nonstop.

not to be rude, but i would disregarding and uninstall norton and replace it with Microsoft essentials and malewarebytes