Deleted

Wink 1.3 Loot Changes: Better Loot from Flashpoints!

Apparently, with the introduction of Group Finder, FP runs would be more common and Bioware decided to change the loot that each FP drops, mostly to lure people to play them.
    Early today, 06/10 I did a fast run of Heroic Black Talon and I found out that most bosses drop far better loot than the current live patch.

First boss (We kill the droid) dropped a random TIONESE headgear when it used to drop tionese belt. Second boss, Commander Ghuli dropped a random COLUMNI ear piece when he used to drop energized legs. The final boss dropped the same loot than live, a token for COLUMNI bracers.

Obviously this is a rather welcome change, as people would gear up easier and faster. With Black Hole commendations as daily rewards, people would have lot's of reasons to run HM Flashpoints. Finally people would easier participate on Story Mode Operations and experience more of the end game content, faster and without the painful grind. If they manage to introduce more content in a faster pace, subscribers would always have something to do, something that would make this game bounce back.

Last edited by mmoc1ae3a36840; 2012-06-11 at 01:34 AM.

Yep, there is a dev quote around somewhere that came out a week or two ago that said they plan on updating loot in FP's as they add new tiers to help keep them relevant and ease the problems of people trying to get into ops behind the curve and needing to gear up.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yep, there is a dev quote around somewhere that came out a week or two ago that said they plan on updating loot in FP's as they add new tiers to help keep them relevant and ease the problems of people trying to get into ops behind the curve and needing to gear up.
    That sounds shockingly familiar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    That sounds shockingly familiar.
    Not really. I don't believe any other MMO updated loot in its instances in order to keep people going to them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Not really. I don't believe any other MMO updated loot in its instances in order to keep people going to them.

Yeah. WoW introduced new dungeon every new tier, with better loot to make the gearing curve more smooth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    Yeah. WoW introduced new dungeon every new tier, with better loot to make the gearing curve more smooth
    To be fair, adding in new content =/= updating old content to make it relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    yeah cuz u're still doing cata launch dungeons. lol
    c'mon you can try harder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post

Yeah but you see there are still reasons in wow to go back to those launch dungeons other then gear
    On a Star wars note I am glad to see they are updating these dungeons <<Stop playing but am coming back once 1.3 launches!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverocean View Post
    Yeah but you see there are still reasons in wow to go back to those launch dungeons other then gear
    On a Star wars note I am glad to see they are updating these dungeons <<Stop playing but am coming back once 1.3 launches!
    REALLY? i mean really? i played wow since launch till august last year, and I don't remember any reason to go back there(and it's not just cata problem, save some rare examples). nor loot nor new "story".
    don't get me wrong I find "updating loot" to old dungeons it's kind of lazy anyway, but it avoid the "look at me I'm bloating in dungeons"situation that wow has. it's a mixed feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, I was in that run. We will be able to gear up the alts we hardly ever play faster.

Deleted
    a Welcome change i guess

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they didn't do this, people would either

A) Complain that the queues take forever b/c anyone who has been playing finds it irrelevant

or

B) Complain that there is still nothing to do b/c they are already geared past the FPs, so this patch brings me nothing

They went with the alternative, where both of those people should be satisfied and the only people left complaining are the ones who do it because bitching is their personal minigame.

People will find something to complain about with this change. Someone will probably say it's too easy to get gear now, and that people should have to try harder to get good gear.

Personally I love the changes in 1.3 so far. Hopefully it will roll out smoothly when it goes live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    If they didn't do this, people would either

A) Complain that the queues take forever b/c anyone who has been playing finds it irrelevant

or

B) Complain that there is still nothing to do b/c they are already geared past the FPs, so this patch brings me nothing

They went with the alternative, where both of those people should be satisfied and the only people left complaining are the ones who do it because bitching is their personal minigame.

The Group Finder can also group you up for Operations of any difficulty, so unless you're fully Nightmare geared, there'll always be SOMETHING to grind for.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Paladin

Look. We already gave you guys Ashbringer. Isn’t that enough?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    I'm still playing WoW and last month I got my mage to level 85. I had to do a couple of cata launch dungeons to be able to do the 4.3 ones. When I got enough gear I jumped in the LFR. Even that I'm hardly ever doing dungeon runs with my main, when the content was new and I needed valor points, I was trying to cap them each week. And when I was a little bored and I wanted a change of pace, I logged to my prot pala and I queued for some runs.

With the group finder, everyone can now easily group up for the 3 Story Mode operations. Access to good loot is therefore easily granted. A faster way to gear up for story mode operations should be implanted, and even though it would be better be done with new, tier 2 Flashpoints, upgrading the loot from tier 1 is the middle way. Giving Black Hole Commendations is also another smart way to keep people using group finder. Even when my fresh 50 scoundrel is in full rakata gear, I would run the for the commendations.

Now, we tend to forget something. Most of mmo players, are casual players. And I don't mean this in a bad manner and of course, that doesn't make them bad players. Some are a part of a guild but they don't do scheduled raiding. This game has a lot of end game PvE content, even though most of us feel burnt and bored right now, The problem is that the community is stretched thin and doesn't have the tools to experience the PvE fast and easy. During the past 1,5 month most people were focusing on leveling and PvPing and as far as I know, most pugs that were trying some SM Operations, were mostly raiders that were gearing up their alts. I know that I feel urged to play the game again, as leveling and gearing my alts would be faster and I can now experience easier the PvE content as fast as I do with PvP.

Anyway, I'm sure that as soon as 1.4 and 1.5 hit live, Bioware would also implanted new tier 2 Flashpoints with better than Tionese/Columni gear. That way, players that won't be on NM gear, could get some upgrades, to try the new content in Story Mode Operations.