Glyph of Concussive Shot

No Glyph of Concussive Shot - doesnt this mean toast for hunters v druids and rogues (maybe Plus others)?

Yeah that one hurts and people seemed to just accept it. I guess some hunters don't understand the importance of that glyph. Couple that with a 25s Disengage and no trap root (MM) and its going to be tough keeping good melee of us. Rets are getting sprints too.

On the other hand we do get some use out of explosive trap, snake trap and we finally get to use Cheetah in combat w/o getting dazed so we'll see.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Deleted
    This is extremely annoying, when useful abilities get removed unintentionally by the developers, just because they oversee a lot of things with all their beta changes back and forth. That glyph that limits max speed is one of the best things in PvP, especially against mounted players or classes which have sprint like abilities.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hope they are still sorting that one out.
    My guess is that they are still doing ping pong with the slow, on concussive or arcane, 50% limit or not, glyphed or free...

My only concern is this: it wouldn't be the first time they never finished the hunter developping fully when beta ends.
    As SV hunter having fun in pvp I really know for a fact this can happen. (counterattack anyone?)

If they don't fix this, than the lack of slowing plus the dodging of shots (another design change still on the drawing table for hunters), will make fighting rogues and ferals rather awkward. If not almost impossible.

I am Enhancement shaman and I approve this change

Yeah add enh shamans and the melee monks to the situation.

-Huainy

15+ Year Old Account
    As someone who plays hunter and rogue at an above average level, I will say that glyph of concussive shot is redicilously overpowered. (Yeah, yeah hunters aren't good on live anyway DUDE!!!) In terms of kiting, and staying away from melee's, hunter's are the best in the game, and that glyph is just a small part of it.

A single glyph being able to completely bypass sprint, rocket boots, mounts etc is just silly OP.

Hunter's will still dominate rogues and ferals without this glyph. Dw guys.

Good one, take away any chance of staying away from rogues, ferals and pala - that's balanced.

Honestly, rogues are much weaker on beta than on live. Ferals seem a bit easier than on live. I win the vast majority of my duels against them on beta, it's good ret paladins I can't beat. I was bummed about the glyph loss myself, but I think they had to do it with all the sprint talents out there. What's the point of taking a sprint talent if a hunter can counter it with concussive shot?

---------- Post added 2012-05-25 at 09:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryki View Post
    Good one, take away any chance of staying away from rogues, ferals and pala - that's balanced.
    Paladins yes, but mainly because they can do damage at range like a hunter now. I actually had a test duel where a ret's wings outburst my BM hunter in bestial wrath at range.

Ferals are very vulnerable to traps, they don't have a good answer for them. Scatter shot messes up their charges too. Rogues are easy to stay away from on beta.
    Last edited by Arrowset; 2012-05-25 at 02:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason it was removed was because the first builds in Beta Concussive shot was removed from the game. Kinda stupid to have a Glyph for a non-existant talent. Arcane shot was the new shot to have the daze effect on it. The latest MoP build has re-added Concussive shot now though. And removed the Glyph for Arcane shot to daze.

Quote Originally Posted by trotdawg2k View Post
    The reason it was removed was because the first builds in Beta Concussive shot was removed from the game. Kinda stupid to have a Glyph for a non-existant talent. Arcane shot was the new shot to have the daze effect on it. The latest MoP build has re-added Concussive shot now though. And removed the Glyph for Arcane shot to daze.
    Exactly. I've been meaning to go start a hunter glyph specific feedback thread on the beta forums just haven't gotten around to it yet (need to really organize my thoughts first anyway). Returning this glyph will definitely be among the suggestions, since now that conc shot is back, we'd like it's glyph back too. At the very least we need to have it for testing purposes at 90, a lot has changed and we may not need it anymore, but we can't know that unless we can test it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    ...On the other hand we do get some use out of explosive trap, snake trap and we finally get to use Cheetah in combat w/o getting dazed so we'll see.
    Yes but let's not forget that the cheetah effect requires a major glyph, and you DO still lose your speed buff if you get hit, just now it removes the aspect instead of applying a daze. It's still arguably better, since you're only being dropped back to 100% speed, but it does prevent you from turning any aspects back on for a short time (4 seconds I think). We're still not going to just leave it on all the time without fear of damage slowing us, it will still be a BAD thing to take damage while in cheetah, just not as bad as it currently is. Just saying, 4 seconds is a long time to go without any aspect on in a pvp setting.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post
    Yes but let's not forget that the cheetah effect requires a major glyph, and you DO still lose your speed buff if you get hit, just now it removes the aspect instead of applying a daze. It's still arguably better, since you're only being dropped back to 100% speed, but it does prevent you from turning any aspects back on for a short time (4 seconds I think). We're still not going to just leave it on all the time without fear of damage slowing us, it will still be a BAD thing to take damage while in cheetah, just not as bad as it currently is. Just saying, 4 seconds is a long time to go without any aspect on in a pvp setting.
    Wait its not a minor?! I'm not in beta but I believe its a minor. It is listed as a minor on the huge beta hunter thread.

As far as the taking damage in cheetah I definitely agree with you but I feel like on live the risk of getting the daze is too big to take the chance and pop cheetah on live while on Pandaland at least I plan to use it, smartly of course, in the right situation and take advantage of it. Basically I feel that 4s w/o changing aspects its a lot better than getting dazed and its a risk I might take in the right situation.

PS. Ask for the glyph back!!
    Last edited by Gotjuice; 2012-06-09 at 10:07 PM.

-Huainy

I think you're actually right about it being a minor glyph, sometimes my thoughts escape me. My primary concern is still the 4 seconds of being aspectless, though I do think it's a good trade-off for removing the daze. I just haven't done enough actual combat testing with it yet to decide if it's something I'm actually going to want to use. That said, I am pretty confident that it will at least find a niche home for specific situations where kiting is of the utmost importance.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

We're already toast against ferals and rogues because of our shots being dodgeable, it doesn't really matter.