Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Been playing Co-op vs A.I. for the last couple days and tried my first PvP match today with Jax (finally got a hang on him) and I guess
    a) I'm getting half-decent
    or
    b) Jax is awesome

as I managed to get a 30/0/something score (http://i.imgur.com/6FRRE.jpg) but apparently, as I've been told, Jax is considered to be OP ;(

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you dont have a friend/team to play with, its gonna be really bad experience if you not ready. People love to bash the shit out of everyone when they get the chance. But if you surivive the first few levels, and get some expeirence, you gonna have a good time
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

you could be the best player in the world and people would still call you all of those things when THEY die
    게임 은 어렵~~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Been playing Co-op vs A.I. for the last couple days and tried my first PvP match today with Jax (finally got a hang on him) and I guess
    a) I'm getting half-decent
    or
    b) Jax is awesome

as I managed to get a 30/0/something score (http://i.imgur.com/6FRRE.jpg) but apparently, as I've been told, Jax is considered to be OP ;(
    Jax is 1v1 king. Only Master Yi and Darius come close, and a good Jax will beat them all. I played a game as Jax and ended up with a Quadra kill at like 30% health because they came at me one at a time and around 50% health each or lower.

Deleted
    And is Jax often banned? I'm using him because he's free this week and I really feel like buying him but if he keeps getting banned it doesn't seem like a good investment, specially since I'm a new player and still need to learn a lot >.<... Just sucks I finally learn two champs and people say one of them sucks (Garen) and the other is OP (Jax),.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jax isn't banned that much. There's other champions people dislike / fear / hate more.

And is Jax often banned? I'm using him because he's free this week and I really feel like buying him but if he keeps getting banned it doesn't seem like a good investment, specially since I'm a new player and still need to learn a lot >.<... Just sucks I finally learn two champs and people say one of them sucks (Garen) and the other is OP (Jax),.
    I don't think Garen is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he's good either.

Jax is not OP he just has tools to keep his melee (mostly) enemies at hand. He can do as he pleases. But Jax shouldn't be picked when the enemies have much CC in their team because he falls off.

Garen doesn't really suck...he is a NON KILLABLE lane except if you gank him or he is really greedy. But Garen's potential falls off at late game. By then he is only good for tanking, and having an enemy silenced for a while.

If you enjoy Jax by the way, keep on with him! He won't let you down, plus he has multiple playstyles. You can go from bruiser (semi-tank) style, to jungle, to glass-cannon-AD-all-the-way Jax. He works on all 3. Plus he doesn't really get banned in ranked etc. People prefer to ban Irelia/Morgana etc nowadays rather than Jax.

Also, since you're new to the game, you should mostly focus on last hitting the minions. This way the gold income will be huge and if you outfarm your opponents you will be a step ahead of them.

Garen is decent, but he's kinda outdated.

And sure, Jax is strong, but not OP. If anything, the only champion I think is "OP" these days is Darius. And that's only because his ultimate is a bloody stupid idea.

Anyway, if that was your first PvP match, it looks like you've picked up the game extremely well.

Deleted
    Garen is bad at higher levels since he scales horribly and good players can avoid giving him an early advantage. He should work fine at your level.

Deleted
    I wouldnt worry about bans and such...I mean you are not level 30 yet, are you? Ranked games are only starting at level 30 which is loong way to go for (took me over 100 hours) and you dont even have to pick draft if you dont want at starting levels.