Resistances for Diablo on Hell?

Im level 60 Monk and I have 494 all resists with the Rune, alternatively I could pick templar and regen rune for almost 1k HP regenerated per second.

Enough to defeat diablo on Hell?

While resistances are nice and all, you won't get far if you have, say, 2k DPS. Need more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

I don't think you'd have any problems even with 100 all resists. Just avoid his big attacks and its a cakewalk of a fight. The most difficult part of the whole thing is probably fighting your clone he makes.

Also what ^ said. If your DPS is garbage you'll just hit enrage and die.
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |

Deleted
    I've got around 400 all resist on my Barb and 5k DPS, I'm level 56
    Last edited by mmoc76237c3918; 2012-06-13 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grissym View Post
    I don't think you'd have any problems even with 100 all resists. Just avoid his big attacks and its a cakewalk of a fight. The most difficult part of the whole thing is probably fighting your clone he makes.

Also what ^ said. If your DPS is garbage you'll just hit enrage and die.
    Diablo has enrage? Is there somewhere more info on this?

And about the clone. What kind of stats he has? Is it worth replacing say, my resistance&Vitality rings with +15 attack speed +60 dexterity rings(and possibly ammy too) for the duration of this fight? Doing so would reduce my HP from 40k to 30k but increase my DPS by a bit(about 100+ dex gain not to mention the DPS from AS)
    Last edited by Mistgard; 2012-06-13 at 06:30 PM.

Diablo on Hell is a cakewalk. Fire resist would be my only real concern (if you even bother). 400 resist should be enough till you reach Act II Inferno even.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistgard View Post
    alternatively I could pick templar and regen rune for almost 1k HP regenerated per second.
    You don't get to keep the companion for Diablo fight:P You should know that after beating him on normal and NM.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, every damage in Diablo fight, is avoidable.. In theory, you should be able to do it without taking any damage at all..
    Second, why resist for Hell? I completed Hell without any resist (except what you get from INT on gear) and had no problems.

I didn't start collecting Resist All, until Inferno.. Boy oh boy, it's needed for Inferno... But 494 is still more than I have, while farming Act1Inferno..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2012-06-14 at 05:22 AM.

Everything (trash and bosses) before Diablo is easier than him. If you killed previous bosses, you will kill Diablo.
    While resistances are nice and all, you won't get far if you have, say, 2k DPS. Need more info.
    Why? He has no enrage timer.

uhm, i killed belial on inferno with 450-ish to all resists and 250regen lol :P

Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    Diablo on Hell is a cakewalk. Fire resist would be my only real concern (if you even bother). 400 resist should be enough till you reach Act II Inferno even.
    I'm a barbarian who did all of hell dual wielding with about 20 resistance all (not 200). I'm now on skeleton king inferno with the same amount of resist with 5 stacks of NV against molten/plagued/desecrators/arcane enchanted/mortars (on different packs of course.

I'm dreading looking forward to Act II cause of all the stories but I don't get the people saying you need any resistances at all for Act I so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Personally resistance worked for me as a barb I breezed through it all and find Inferno fairly easy, You need to find a balance between dps and resists tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no need in resistances to defeat diablo in hell. Use serenity and blind to avoid/interrupt his big attacks and you will be fine. Mantra of healing is good when you miss you defense CD and you can kite him for a while to regenerate health and spirit (i had a + spirit per second rune) to kick his ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell Diablo on a Monk is nice and easy, Just takes about 10-15 mins.

I downed him with 22k hp, 6k dps, 39 resist all, low armor.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...XgQ!cbX!ZcZZaZ
    Thats the build i used, although this would work fine too.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...Xgk!cbX!ZcaZaY

Talk about overkill, I dont think I even looked at resists much before Inferno act 1. Though Hell act 4 smashed the crap out of me on my Barbarion, Diablo himself didn't cause much of an issue at all.

Deleted
    A wet tissue paper is enough to beat Diablo on Hell, he's way undertuned compared to the trash before him and even Izual.

500 all resist is enough for you to zerg him and completely ignore all mechanics.

edit: fists of thunder on left click, hold left click on him and win.