Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Why do you flame your oponnents when you win?

Sooo...I don't know, but I think this forum is great to ask this. Why do you guys say something like easy or flame the other team as noobs when you won? Even when the game was really close.

I don't understand this, because mostly when I watch the profiles after the game of those who said this....it is really amazing how bad those guys actually are.

And also, I do the 15 council tasks every day and everytime I see this I click punish. And now that you get e-mails when you do something correct in the council I see that a lot of people seem to punish them and you really get banned for that.

So, why do you have to do this? Why do you have to flame your oponnents, even when you played amazingly bad? I know the community in the gaming world is everything beside good and especially LoL has a bad community (mostly, I noticed when you are friendly 90% of the others are, too)...but this is weird

My account is level 30 with 90 normal wins.
    I leveled up by playing dominion, since then I've mostly watched streams/spectated rather than play myself.
    I always say "bg 2 ez" in the aftergame lobby, regardless of the outcome of the game, or whether I carried or got carried. For me its a habit, but sometimes people actually get riled up about it and start trashtalking about my number of wins, or KDA or whatever which is always funny.
    If "easy" makes you rage I dont know how you can play this game seeing how every other game someone spends more time trashtalking a specific person in /all chat than actually playing the game.
    Last edited by Enkidulgaa; 2012-07-12 at 02:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

It can be summed up by one word: immaturity.

It's basic human behavior, when you win you want everyone to know you won and show them that you are superior to them.

More or less it's just like when you have a sex with a girl, you get the urge to talk to your "homies" or friends and share the level of awesomeness you have achieved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the community of LoL is full of 12 year old bads who think they are supreme gods of gaming.

I hate when people say this stuff, especially when they get carried.
    But I've learnt to ignore them.

They are all moronic trolls...
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

When the game ends i only write one of these:

"gg"
    "gg wp"
    One of the previous and "report x for leaving/afk".

10+ Year Old Account
    im just gonna assume its your 1st day on the interwebs so heres basic mindset:
    everyone worse than you is noob, everyone better has no life.
    enjoy your stay ;]

Deleted
    I almost always say "gg" or more if it was a really good game. Just good sportsmanship.

Can I ask you a counter question?

Why do you care when your opponents flame you when they win?

They want a reaction from you.
    You are giving them that reaction by getting upset and replying to them.

Why not just say nothing, take the comment for what it is (an attempt to start an argument where they can mock you), and leave? You'll likely never see the person ever again, and if you do, they won't remember you or you them.

That's the real question. While all you people try and white knight it up, trying to save the internets by stopping that person being a douche, do you really think you're achieving something? You're giving them exactly what they want.

I see the response of "they're immature" or "they need to grow up" thrown around, but really, if you can't harden up and ignore a baiting comment like that, you might be the one that needs to do some maturing.

My 2 cents. Personally I'll respond to people who flame me all the time, because I enjoy arguing. I don't take it as meaning anything, as its some guy on a game on the internet. I don't bother coming to complain on the internet about how people are big bad meanies.
    Last edited by Hateful; 2012-07-12 at 05:55 PM.
    Who knows what secrets hide in the dark?

Ah yes...*I* do...

10+ Year Old Account
    No problem is going to go away if we ignore it. Saying things like "gg noob" or "easy" is 100% unnecessary, and is still reportable/bannable in Tribunal and by Riot. You just WON the game, are you really that petty/insecure to try and get a reaction from your opponent?

The whole "People should harden up" excuse irritates me for two reasons. 1) I may be able to ignore it, but somewhere out there someone else won't. Should we just ignore them and go "lol man up faggot?" No. Why should anyone have to be insulted after playing game? 2) People start to think this is okay. It really isn't. The internet makes people act like assholes, yes. Should we just nod our heads and accept the incoming and dominant cesspool of BM? No, who the fuck wants that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hateful View Post
    Can I ask you a counter question?

Why do you care when your opponents flame you when they win?

They want a reaction from you.
    You are giving them that reaction by getting upset and replying to them.

Why not just say nothing, take the comment for what it is (an attempt to start an argument where they can mock you), and leave? You'll likely never see the person ever again, and if you do, they won't remember you or you them.

That's the real question. While all you people try and white knight it up, trying to save the internets by stopping that person being a douche, do you really think you're achieving something? You're giving them exactly what they want.

I see the response of "they're immature" or "they need to grow up" thrown around, but really, if you can't harden up and ignore a baiting comment like that, you might be the one that needs to do some maturing.

My 2 cents. Personally I'll respond to people who flame me all the time, because I enjoy arguing. I don't take it as meaning anything, as its some guy on a game on the internet. I don't bother coming to complain on the internet about how people are big bad meanies.
    By ignoring and leaving youll give them the same high-five-pat-your-own-back-fuck-yeah-Im-internetcool-now reaction as what happens when someone falls for the bait.

Its just immaturity and todays poor education from parents, since most, at least these internetcoolkids, are raised to believe that there have to always be the "winner" and the inferior people. Immature age and internet anynomity creates rest of that fucktard behaviour. And if noone step up against them/it, theyll just praise themselves and keep on doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because children lack social skills. Simple as that.

I don't flame.

But I taunt, provoke and make enemies feel insecure. It's a psychological strategy. Nothing direct and never offensive. Something like a "ty <3" after a kill. Makes the enemy team start fighting with itself and play far worse. But I try to keep my allies out of it because sometimes they get too carried away.

It's just that if the opponent feels worse than you, there's a high chance they'll not play at their best.

/mastermind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerOKami View Post
    I don't flame.

But I taunt, provoke and make enemies feel insecure. It's a psychological strategy. Nothing direct and never offensive. Something like a "ty <3" after a kill. Makes the enemy team start fighting with itself and play far worse. But I try to keep my allies out of it because sometimes they get too carried away.

It's just that if the opponent feels worse than you, there's a high chance they'll not play at their best.

/mastermind
    I don't usually flame. But I have done this before. Angering your opponent into going for the turret dive and playing aggressive is a very legit strategy in a game where there is a /all chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    It can be summed up by one word: immaturity.
    This.

Personally I don't flame.

Its because a game as competitive as this sometimes is taken personally. Usually the ones who say "GG EZ" after a close game were having problems early in the game. So when they win, they feel like they have just bested their mortal enemy.

Basically, ignore them.

Why do you flame your oponnents when you win?
    I don't.

Unless the enemy team deserves it, or one person deserved it. Like they rage in all chat the whole game / bash you or your teammate.

In this case i would say a snerky comment like "You seemed so certain you'd win (insert champ name here). What happend?

Other then that I normally say GG / GGWP / GG (insert comment about how awesome and fun the game was here)

People wonder why there's still war in the world, yet people on the Internet still try to provoke each other for fun.

srsly that's dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    No problem is going to go away if we ignore it. Saying things like "gg noob" or "easy" is 100% unnecessary, and is still reportable/bannable in Tribunal and by Riot. You just WON the game, are you really that petty/insecure to try and get a reaction from your opponent?

The whole "People should harden up" excuse irritates me for two reasons. 1) I may be able to ignore it, but somewhere out there someone else won't. Should we just ignore them and go "lol man up faggot?" No. Why should anyone have to be insulted after playing game? 2) People start to think this is okay. It really isn't. The internet makes people act like assholes, yes. Should we just nod our heads and accept the incoming and dominant cesspool of BM? No, who the fuck wants that?
    Right, so you're going to solve the problem by giving the people you so dislike exactly what they want - a response. It's not like people would stop attempting to bait you if every second person didn't rage whenever a comment such as "easy" or "gg noob" is said to them.

1) It's not so much to do with "hardening up", it has to do with accepting the fact that the person is only seeking to start an argument. Rather than, in your pride, taking the comment as some massive insult, just don't bother responding and you won't give the person exactly what they're after. I'm sure you'll notice the comments quickly dry up, try it sometime.

2) Are we going to ban or punish every single person that makes a comment that could even slightly be taken as an insult or a ribbing of the other person (even if its lighthearted, and where do you draw the line exactly? It's a slippery slope to ban people for saying "easy". Are you going to start banning people who write "thanks <3" when they get a kill off you?). I mean, the term "easy" by itself is nothing, where is the line?

I'd much rather an internet where people can get over their pride and not crack it when some guy jokingly says "easy" after an hour long game, than where people don't type anything at all or write "Oh jolly good game chap" all day long. It's so sanitized and ridiculous that it will never happen.

End of the day, nobody likes to be abused on the internet. Report people for rude, racist language or anything like that. But if you, in your massive pride, can't stand someone writing the word "easy" after an hour long game, I think you might be the one who needs some perspective on the internet and how much the people you encounter affect you.

Like I said, it's my opinion, and perhaps some day in the future everybody will be banned for saying "easy" or "gg noobs" and your sanitized internet will exist, but I highly doubt it. I (and many, many others) seem to get by just fine by taking the game a little less seriously - but you're right, because some other people out there can't, let's just ban or punish for one-word mockery.

Oh, and by the way, I have no problem with people reporting others at the end of games for flaming. My post is in regards to people who respond in game to people flaming them (and get upset), or come to forums to complain that some guy 'just wrote 'easy' after a hour 20 game!!'.
    Last edited by Hateful; 2012-07-13 at 05:49 PM.
    Who knows what secrets hide in the dark?

Ah yes...*I* do...