The Find a SWTOR Guild Thread

Is there any chance we can flush this thing? A lot of it is out of date now, guilds stopped playing, merged, changed servers and so forth. With the free transfers now, wouldn't it be a good time to start it over?

Probably a good idea... would need someone who would be willing to keep it up to date though. I know I don't have the time it would take to orginize it and keep it updated (I think most people underestimate what a time commitment things like this are).

I can imagine, I would think though that even just starting it over, even if the first thread is not a nice list of guilds would be better because the new one would be shorter and only contain guilds that still are around. But either way, it was just a suggestion because I think the current one is a little too out of date now :P

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've considered flushing it and the stream thread on a couple of occasions. Staring fresh on both threads is probably the correct course here.

However, I'd say that it might be a better idea to wait another week or so before any action is taken. We'll want to wait for guilds to get settled on their new servers.

The advantage to having a list in the OP though would be it makes it easier for people to scroll through to find a guild they might be interested in.

I nominate Raeli to keep it up to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Yeah, I've considered flushing it and the stream thread on a couple of occasions. Staring fresh on both threads is probably the correct course here.

However, I'd say that it might be a better idea to wait another week or so before any action is taken. We'll want to wait for guilds to get settled on their new servers.
    I agree with this. A lot of servers (including mine) hasn't been moved *yet*. We know we are being moved, so advertising right now would kind of be pointless

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the original creator of the thread kind of dropped it in my lap and I definitely didn't have the time or the patience to update it. Even now I find I have maybe 20 to 30 minutes a day to take care of my moderating duties and pop into the occasional thread. I'm all for someone picking it back up though as I know it was used by many of MMO-C players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Yeah the original creator of the thread kind of dropped it in my lap and I definitely didn't have the time or the patience to update it. Even now I find I have maybe 20 to 30 minutes a day to take care of my moderating duties and pop into the occasional thread. I'm all for someone picking it back up though as I know it was used by many of MMO-C players.
    I don't mind keeping one up to date. After this past week of business, I basically have the entire year of free time outside of a 20 hour work week. If someone else feels more up to the job, however, I can just step aside. Just trying to be helpful :P

Also I would probably put progressional updates next to the guilds that applied just to narrow down peoples search results.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-06-14 at 04:10 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well I would say make up an example of what you would do Forsedar and let us take a look. Might be we can help ya out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Well I would say make up an example of what you would do Forsedar and let us take a look. Might be we can help ya out.
    Do you want me to do it in a comment, or its own thread? I can get on it as soon as I get the transfers sorted out since my server was just given one.

Make a new thread... if anything needs to be adjusted and stuff we can comment and then clean up the thread after so it would just be people posting their guild infos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Make a new thread... if anything needs to be adjusted and stuff we can comment and then clean up the thread after so it would just be people posting their guild infos.
    Will do! I'll just tab out of TOR for the time being and pray that the other Officers can handle the mess that is now 600 people on fleet.

Well you don't have to do it right this second (unless you particularly want to)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Well you don't have to do it right this second (unless you particularly want to)
    I am feeling very productive right now! Might as well take advantage of this mood while it lasts.