Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    For all those saying this game is the same as the rest, it really isn't. I haven't even played any of the others like LoL simply due to the camera perspective as they do not interest me, this however, I am looking forward to! Simple changes can mean a lot.

I have signed up for the beta so am hoping to get in, unless any lovely folk want to PM me a code

I think we had enough of these in the last few years, Especially after the return of Dota.

I've had my eye on this game, though I haven't heard much about it lately until now.

15€ for CB + some perks, might be worth it.

For those of you thinking it's a DotA clone; have you even seen the gameplay?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Anyone still got a beta key? I'd be grateful for one!

This games looks really fun. Seems like a great game to just goof around with friends on.

If anyone has an extra beta key floating around I would love one.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exclusiveinc View Post
    I think we had enough of these in the last few years, Especially after the return of Dota.
    We've had a lot, most were just to jump on the band-wagon. SMITE however knows very much what it is doing and is a lot of fun and different enough from DOTA, LoL or HoN.

Quote Originally Posted by ralh View Post
    Anyone still got a beta key? I'd be grateful for one!
    Well I'm giving a couple away, check this video, does that count? :P

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That looks absolutely amazing. Its differant enough from the DOTA inspired MOBAs to not have to compete with dota/LoL which is a good thing, since its gonna be hard to compete against that, but it definitely looks like something im gonna buy.

I currently play dota and that game is not gonna replace that, but it definitely looks like something worth trying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

Just a heads up to anyone who wants to get a beta key, you should really check out http://www.reddit.com/r/smite/ there are people there constantly giving out keys to everyone. Hopefully a lot of people get the keys then send them out to more people and so on so we could get everyone who wants to play in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bleakeh View Post
    Just a heads up to anyone who wants to get a beta key, you should really check out http://www.reddit.com/r/smite/ there are people there constantly giving out keys to everyone. Hopefully a lot of people get the keys then send them out to more people and so on so we could get everyone who wants to play in.
    Thanks for the head's up. xD I was looking for a reason to register for Reddit aside from not being only a lurker.

For anyone interested i got my beta key from here http://www.gamersbook.com/scene/beta/smite-5
    I got it yesterday and it's a proper beta key
    The article says that they are giving 110beta keys every day till wednesday, so it should be enough for everyone. Enjoy :P

Saw this post, watched the video, pre ordered the game.
    So awesome. =]

Deleted
    only just found out about this, looks good! Downloaded the client, now to hunt me a beta Key!

Trust me when I say its not as good as it "looks"

Its completely imbalanced; basically you pick little Buddha and you auto win every game. Many champions are imbalanced, snowballing is worse than LoL (because people dont know how to play), minions aggro and massive damage make it impossible for melee champions to engage in lane, damage you deal is nothing compared to the passive non-itemed health of little buddha (Vamana) and Ymir...

Basically the game is "cool", but its not balanced; it still needs tons of tweaking (especially movement mechanics)

There's a lot of balance issues, but it's pretty early in beta still. They're running an extended beta, release may not come till the end of the year. Plenty of time to work on those issues.

The game is a lot of fun though despite that. I think it's actually a lot easier to get into than LoL for new players, so it'll be a good way for new players to get into the genre.

I am a bit curious why people are saying the genre is over saturated or whatever. Far as I know there's DotA and LoL, then HoN which is kind of niche. And a couple of games that failed for a variety of reasons. When compared to other genres like fps, fighting, or MMOs the genre seems untapped to me. My dream action RTS would be very different from DotA or LoL so it's hard for me to accept that we should be content with a monopoly from those two.

http://www.twitch.tv/yeousch_live

There's a lot of keys going out in that stream. I won the first key they were giving and then passed out my 3 referral keys in the chat and then the people that used my keys got 3 keys and they also passed their extras out in the chat. If people keep passing out keys it'll just be 1 giant chain of passing out keys, each account gets 3 referral keys, even the referral accounts.

I don't want to put a damper on this game, because it is a lot of fun, but as someone who has been playing HiRez games for quite a while now (Pre-ordered both Global Agenda and Tribes: Ascend) I feel like I should warn everyone that HiRez has virtually no customer service. If you piss off enough people and they report you for cheating/exploiting/etc, then you can have your account banned, because there doesn't seem to be anyone who actually reviews the reports and distinguishes between who is skilled and who is a hack. I doubt they will do any banning in the beta, since beta is for finding the game's flaws, but I just thought I'd put this word of caution out there anyways since people in Mobas aren't always respectful. Play nice, because if you aren't then you might see yourself banned for no reason.

Other than that, the game is a blast

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing this for a good part of the afternoon. I got my key on Reddit, thanks to bleakeh for making us aware to this page. It's a good amount of fun. You get 1000 favor per level, so at about level 6 you can purchase your first extra God.

The combat is fun, though there are some minor imbalances. Being able to strafe and needing to aim attacks is a nice perspective on the game. I think that's what I'm enjoying the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    Trust me when I say its not as good as it "looks"

Its completely imbalanced; basically you pick little Buddha and you auto win every game. Many champions are imbalanced, snowballing is worse than LoL (because people dont know how to play), minions aggro and massive damage make it impossible for melee champions to engage in lane, damage you deal is nothing compared to the passive non-itemed health of little buddha (Vamana) and Ymir...

Basically the game is "cool", but its not balanced; it still needs tons of tweaking (especially movement mechanics)
    What are you talking about? Pretty much every singe champion in this game can dominate if you are decent. I've played every single champion and not a single one of them is weak. If you think Ymir is underpowered you are high as his wall + stun + ult are all amazing. Every champion if played well can dominate 3 or more people, that's just how the game is, there's a higher skill cap and thus if you are good you can completely stomp beginners.

The only character that I think might be slightly OP is Hel as she is just able to use 3 burst spells in a row (1 - 3 - Then 4 to 1) which can melt almost any champion while also being able to debuff/heal/remove CC. Anyway I will challenge you to name 1 God that is underpowered because I have honestly gone 16/3/15 (or so) with every single champion. I'm not trying to brag but if you have lots of MOBA/FPS experience you can completely DOMINATE, that's just how games with high skill caps work.

Now before you jump at me for being a fanboy who thinks the game is perfect, I really don't. I think the game has a few communication problems that they need to solve before the game comes out. For example you can buy up to 3 abilities for 500g (cheap as heck) that do things similar to Ghost, Zhonya's or Quicksilver Sash or even smite in LoL. People who know of these abilities can really smash those who don't and I'm often in games where only 1 or two people actually buy them throughout the course of the game.

On an end note, this game is not expected to be out for another 8 months so don't expect perfect balance, I think this game is more like Dota where champions have abilities that can wipe out whole teams if you don't play properly while games like LoL are much less punishing.
    Last edited by bleakeh; 2012-06-18 at 11:48 PM.

So many mobas

Can't watch the video atm but from what im imagining it.. Monday night combar but different theme?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Can't watch the video atm but from what im imagining it.. Monday night combar but different theme?
    It's third person perspective with the camera behind the character, movement is like a fps with the mouse for turning and the keys for forward/back/strafe.

I haven't really enjoyed a moba in a long time, but the different point of view in this game adds a lot. I played a few games with a couple friends tonight and it was some of the most fun I've had in a game in a long time, granted I haven't really been playing many games lately.