Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

How Blizzard Should Respond

I saw this, and had to share it with you guys/girls. I would LOVE for Blizzard to respond like this to all the people who cry and complain about their games...

10+ Year Old Account
    I can never remember the new crop of actors and actresses. Wasn't she in a sitcom or something?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I can never remember the new crop of actors and actresses. Wasn't she in a sitcom or something?
    She was in "The Guild". Felicia Day is her name.

You don't get a medal for participating I am afraid.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

While the point is true, it's simply best for Blizzard to not respond like that. It'd just open up a whole new can of worms for the trolls to feed on.

I still agree with the points 100% though. Constructive criticism is great, but the people who openly insult and bitch about the game are very selfish and ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arisfarreach View Post
    She was in "The Guild". Felicia Day is her name.
    Huh... Odd, thought that was someone else. They really need to start giving out cheat sheets as you get older. They had some hot actress list thing on the TV guide channel tonight and the wife and I only recognized a couple of them. We kept saying, "first, she isn't that hot and, second, who the hell is she?"

As far as complaining? Seriously? They are making a game they want people to spend money on. Its not volunteer work. They are not building homes for the homeless or feeding the hungry. They are paid for what they do and given the quality, or lack thereof, of many MMORPG's over the last few years they were probably paid way too much.

Its their job and if they can't take the heat then they should get the hell out of the kitchen.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-06-11 at 06:25 AM.

Deleted
    She was also in A Town Called Eureka

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saint1971 View Post
    She was also in A Town Called Eureka
    That's where I remember her from! Thank you.

Devs dont always know whats best from thier games, They also talk to the public most of the time like they are idiots, citing problems and claiming how it takes forever to fix things when most people who have any training in programing or game design can see right through their bullshit. Im not saying ALL do this but some do and i know blizzard is a big culprit.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Devs dont always know whats best from thier games, They also talk to the public most of the time like they are idiots, citing problems and claiming how it takes forever to fix things when most people who have any training in programing or game design can see right through their bullshit. Im not saying ALL do this but some do and i know blizzard is a big culprit.
    My brother has actually gone to school for programming, for the last 6 years. (Couldn't find a job without experience, so he went back to a trade school for training.)
    Quite honestly, the average person, even a gamer, knows jack shit about game design. You'd get irritated too if uninformed masses kept trying to tell you how to do your job, instead of making polite suggestions. Blizzard, and other developers, take a lot of shit for things that aren't even ridiculous. Again, most of the time, people ARE idiots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    but the people who openly insult and bitch about the game are very selfish and ignorant.
    what? lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I believe she was also in an episode of Supernatural - cba looking it up though

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    No doubt they know it better than biased players on forums who are never able to see the bigger picture.
    You have literally NO idea how Blizzard works on WoW. That's how it is. Unless of course you've visited them and somehow I doubt that. A lot.

OT: This is most likely how Tseric finally crumbled, who could take spending literally hours every day trying to do his best to relay information and feedback and only get met by hate and rage from narrowsighted know-it-all:s
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    My brother has actually gone to school for programming, for the last 6 years. (Couldn't find a job without experience, so he went back to a trade school for training.)
    Quite honestly, the average person, even a gamer, knows jack shit about game design. You'd get irritated too if uninformed masses kept trying to tell you how to do your job, instead of making polite suggestions. Blizzard, and other developers, take a lot of shit for things that aren't even ridiculous. Again, most of the time, people ARE idiots.
    im sorry but you dont need to know anything about how to make a game or have in-depth knowledge of programming to be able to criticise developers for doing a shitty job.. If something is broken, unbalanced, not working as intended etc then a paying customer has the right to complain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracus View Post
    I believe she was also in an episode of Supernatural - cba looking it up though
    Felicia Day's done lots of minor roles, ever since she exploded onto the scene with The Guild. She's been in House too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    No doubt they know it better than biased players on forums who are never able to see the bigger picture.
    You have literally NO idea how Blizzard works on WoW. That's how it is. Unless of course you've visited them and somehow I doubt that. A lot.

OT: This is most likely how Tseric finally crumbled, who could take spending literally hours every day trying to do his best to relay information and feedback and only get met by hate and rage from narrowsighted know-it-all:s
    so a player who complain's is biased? Its like calling anyone who supports them a fanboy...

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    im sorry but you dont need to know anything about how to make a game or have in-depth knowledge of programming to be able to criticise developers for doing a shitty job.. If something is broken, unbalanced, not working as intended etc then a paying customer has the right to complain.
    Something being broken and something not working how YOU want it to work are 2 different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree and Felica Day was also in that terrible dragon age abortion
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sajin0084 View Post
    Something being broken and something not working how YOU want it to work are 2 different things.
    lol

*also we should use korea tactics and call the police *

The problem is that players (especially in online games) often have a very biased look towards whatever they play and lack the overall image. Just because your class got nerfed or another class got buffed doesn't mean the developers suck.
    Also continuous "oh god why do you make new models when the servers are lagging" show that many players have NO idea how game development works but still want to talk as if they did and can't be taken serious because of that. Also "ugh that's just the skeleton of monster X with a completely new model and high res textures - blizzard is so lazy and sucks!"... really hard to restrain myself sometimes.

Same goes for balance issues obviously. Player feedback(!) is important for the devs, but if all someone does is bitch how everything sucks, that's not feedback that's just being an immature dick.

Nobody says something against telling the devs they made a wrong decision with change X and then going on to explain why you see it that way. But nobody likes whiny bitches who only complain only to complain and unfortunately rarely have an own opinion and rather rattle down what they read or heard somewhere else.
    Oh, and when nothing changes despite "the whole forum" i.e. 300 people out of millions agreeing with you - that is ignoring the 100 posters who still disagreed - that's no free ticket to whineville. Not everything can go like you want.
    Last edited by Samin; 2012-06-11 at 10:49 AM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?