Any truly free RTS browser game out there ?

I´m talking about some games where you dont need to buy gems or gold or some other stuff to proceed further into the game like AoE Online and all the facebook games. Im looking for a game like the old warcraft game or age of empire game where you can build your empirium up from the bottom.

Thanks in advance
    Thomas.

age of empires 3 and...Civ 5?
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

browser games

Deleted
    any browsergame has some sort of Paytowin store in it. Get used to it. And out of the top of my head only thing that springs to mind you already named

Tiberium Alliances comes in mind, its definatly worth to give it a try

I've been playing Ikariam for a few years now and while you can buy stuff to help things along I enjoy it, it's not an RTS but still a lot of fun.

http://us.ikariam.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I've been playing Ikariam for a few years now and while you can buy stuff to help things along I enjoy it, it's not an RTS but still a lot of fun.

http://us.ikariam.com/
    Actually, Ikariam, Travian, Ogame, Imperion are more RTS than anything else.
    RTS stands for Real Time Strategy, and those games are played in real time. No pausing, no speeding up, game goes on 24/07
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Yeah I suppose that's a valid point. I guess I'm use to RTS meaning C&C and the like despite the definition.

Yeah, RTS term was coined for games like C&C etc.

Anyway, OP
    Why are you looking for browser games?

Almost all "online" games resolve around PvP, and are balanced for long-term slow paced gameplay. Meaning actions take hours and there is lot's of waiting. Games like Warcraft or AoE have no place in here, because they aren't really "online" games. So you can forget about online games.

Why not get some real non-browser, warcraft-like games? The only other thing you might try are flash games on pages like armorgames.com, if you really need browser based one.

Remember that people make games to make money. Either through selling them, or through showing ads, or through micro transactions.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Well Yeh im just bored to play these mmo buy to play game. Cant seem to find one who suits me well enough. Then trying my luck through some browser g ames

---------- Post added 2012-06-18 at 06:00 PM ----------

well tiberium all isnt that true free since you can buy stuff to make you better, though its looks nice )

I don't know about RTS but tribal wars is pretty good.

Deleted
    Sorry for digging an old thread, but this game might be exactly what the thread starter is looking for: littlewargame.com/play
    Its an RTS (a real RTS), that runs in browser, is completely free, doesnt require any plugin, download or registration and is incredibly fun.
    Last edited by mmocfc5e9216fc; 2014-05-12 at 03:52 PM.

http://play.freeciv.org/
    Free open source Civilization game played in the browser.
    This isn't really RTS since it is turn based but it is a 4X and all of which that implies.
    It gives you pretty much a improved version of sid meier's civilization 2.
    Contains Single-player, multi-player, scenarios and tutorials + the ability to save your games.
    The game is completely free but you're free to donate money which I would recommend you to do if you enjoy it.

Deleted
    RTS Browsergame? Never heard of something like that ...

non-browser free RTS? sure ... the first few Command and Conqer games are freeware now, there's a remake of the DOS/Win95 games callen OpenRA, supporting Win 7/8 and higher resolutions than 800*600
    And the Spring Engine, started as a 3d remake of TA ... here ... there are a crapton of mods for SpringRTS, including WWII games, Star Wars, Fantasy and whatever you can image themed mods

10+ Year Old Account
    The only free ones would be the ones on flash. There are some kind of games like this on newgrounds (not multiplayer tho).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    C&C Tiberium Alliances. Although it has heavy TBS and sandbox elements, and you can do just fine without paying, but 2$ a month or so will go a long way.
    To give you an idea about the "end-game": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qClIR6zlXr4
    If you wanna try it either go to the main site or help me get a reward by going here.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    The only free ones would be the ones on flash. There are some kind of games like this on newgrounds (not multiplayer tho).
    Im telling you, try Littlewargame (littlewargame.com/play).
    Its not Flash, its a real rts and it is 100% free (and its actually good).

10+ Year Old Account
    https://artillery.com/ - The game is in the process of development, one of the biggest starcraft (if not the biggest) celebrity is behind this, sean "day9" plott, he's by far one of the most important analysts in starcraft 2, the guy is quite good at rts and well if the guys are getting help from mr plott im quite sure it'll be a good game
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35