Mage PVP - what would you do?

I've been leveling a mage for some time and I just hit 84 yesterday. Would you start grinding honor now while leveling from 84-85 or would you just get to 85 as fast as possible and then grind it? The former allows you to buy two pieces of rutheless as soon as you hit 85, however, the amount of honor you get is low compared to what you get at 85 which means that you will run more bgs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, when you hit 85, pvp is going to be a terrible boring experience for you until you get the gear, because you are going to be getting 1-3 shot by everyone else. I like to enjoy 83-85 by doing as much pvp as possible while I am evenly matched and hit 85 after I'm honor capped. This is just my personal preference which is all I think this really comes down to.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fully agree with the above poster. With having almost all my alts up at 85 and two Mages only my Warrior and Mage are leveled the normal questing / instance way. Everyone else with Grinding honor while leveling. It's a tiny bit slower but you'll have to grind the honor anyway so why not stomp level 80's if you have decent 84level gear.

I also agree honor capping before 85 is smart to do; so your bg experience is not as horrible...also save up gold so you can buy the iLvl 377 blue Vicious pvp gear set. Trust me that makes the bg grind a lot better.

What I like to do is max honor and also max JP, then convert the JP to honor so I can buy about 3-4 pieces straight off the bat
    this game sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Kenafin View Post
    I've been leveling a mage for some time and I just hit 84 yesterday. Would you start grinding honor now while leveling from 84-85 or would you just get to 85 as fast as possible and then grind it? The former allows you to buy two pieces of rutheless as soon as you hit 85, however, the amount of honor you get is low compared to what you get at 85 which means that you will run more bgs.
    I would roll my face over the keyboard and make retard sounds, hahaha. No but you need to get gear to be good since most people have it. Then play 2s with a healer (priest) to learn the class. Move on to 2s further with a good comp DPS rogue, ret, mage, feral. Then you can do 3s cuz you'll know more and be accustomed to how fast it is. First you need gear though.

I would PvP till you're honor capped and then do dungeons for JP to honor... if you're still 84.
    Last edited by SpaceJam; 2012-06-25 at 06:38 AM.
    "Knock the world right off it's feet, and straight onto it's head."

http://http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Elargee/simple

Deleted
    Probably a bit too late now but I would've get the mage to 85 as fast as possible and then grind the CTA weekend which is IoC. Since it's a 40v40 battleground if you know where to position yourself you don't need to worry much about getting killed. You can help your team by going into cannons, slowing/killing the demos/glaives, CC the enemy team healers etc.