Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Thought it was obvious, but for clarity: PLANS FOR NORMAL MODE STAFF ARE SOLD BY VENDOR IN BASTION'S KEEP.
    So if you go on right now and check and it's not there, can someone slap you?
    Took me ~20 tries to get the plans.

As for Act 3 farming, anything before Siegebreaker, then get 5 stacks, then kill him.
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2012-06-15 at 01:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the recipe after 2nd kill. Saw the recipe drop again after I had killed him 4-6 times.

Also, Happy Tree Friends ftw!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought it was obvious, but for clarity: PLANS FOR NORMAL MODE STAFF ARE SOLD BY VENDOR IN BASTION'S KEEP.
    Thought it was obvious, but for clarity: YOU ARE HORRIBLY INCORRECT!
    Survival is Key

No, they are not. The normal staff pattern drops from Izual (I've gotten the drop 3 times in abouut 8 runs and it sucks since you can't give them away). Then once you are in act 4 for the difficulty you want (act 4 NM, act 4 hell, act 4 inferno) you can buy the plans for 1 gold for that difficulty. To upgrade to NM it costs 200k to update. Hell is 500k. And Inferno is 1 mil, bringing the total cost of the staff on Inferno level to 1.8 million gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Joben View Post
    Cool story bro, I bought them from vendor, I have no clue whether they are always sold or just rarely. I bought it, end of story.

Cool story bro, I bought them from vendor, I have no clue whether they are always sold or just rarely. I bought it, end of story.
    You didn't but the NORMAL plans, you probably already had them. Also, you may be able to buy the NM/Hell/Inferno plans without ever having the drop, not sure. But unless you live in a magical universe you didn't get the normal plans bought. They ONLY drop from Izual.

Edit: Link to wiki for reference. http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Staff_of_Herding
    http://www.diablowiki.net/Staff_of_Herding
    Last edited by NightZero88; 2012-06-15 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    You didn't but the NORMAL plans, you probably already had them. Also, you may be able to buy the NM/Hell/Inferno plans without ever having the drop, not sure. But unless you live in a magical universe you didn't get the normal plans bought. They ONLY drop from Izual.

Edit: Link to wiki for reference. http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Staff_of_Herding
    http://www.diablowiki.net/Staff_of_Herding
    I NEVER looted them from Izual, I bought the plans and taught it to the blacksmith. Now, I can't teach him the recipe he already knows, right?

Someone's been hitting the sauce a little too hard while gaming...
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I NEVER looted them from Izual, I bought the plans and taught it to the blacksmith. Now, I can't teach him the recipe he already knows, right?
    This is true, and I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.
    However. Every other person I(we) know had to kill Izual to get the pattern.

If you don't mind, you can load up a normal game and go to this vendor that sells the pattern and take a screen shot for us. He should/might/possibly still sell the recipe even though your Blacksmith has already learned it. If you wouldn't mind doing this simple process you would make many angry players happy/overjoyed.
    Troll Shadow Priest
    (H) - Mal'ganis US

Deleted
    Just quickly checked for all you's wondering, the plans are not being sold by the vendor on NORMAL on Prime Evil Quest (which is where you buy them on the other difficulties)

You cant buy them, the guy saying you can is trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnomnoms View Post
    This is true, and I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.
    However. Every other person I(we) know had to kill Izual to get the pattern.

If you don't mind, you can load up a normal game and go to this vendor that sells the pattern and take a screen shot for us. He should/might/possibly still sell the recipe even though your Blacksmith has already learned it. If you wouldn't mind doing this simple process you would make many angry players happy/overjoyed.
    I did go there and the guy wasn't selling it at the time, meh, maybe I remember incorrectly, don't care either way.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I did go there and the guy wasn't selling it at the time, meh, maybe I remember incorrectly, don't care either way.
    Heh, way to go from "I'm right, you're all wrong" to "don't care".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joben View Post
    Vendor had all 4 plans for me, try joining someone elses game and trying. Inferno Whymshire is overated, hundreds of mediocre lvl 60 blues with 180 magic find from the clouds and champions but very rarely will you see a lvl 60 rare (the irony). You'll make alot of money from exquisite essences but I wouldn't get upset if you don't come across 1400+/1100+ dps weapon, the highest I've found was a 971 dps crossbow. I think the area has been nerfed as it's a heck of alot easier to farm than act 3/4 inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Heh, way to go from "I'm right, you're all wrong" to "don't care".
    Me being right doesn't automatically mean everyone else is wrong. Also, me being right and not caring aren't mutually exclusive.

Going to have to agree with this guy. Got the NM pattern from izzy then saw the normal on vendor for 1g.

ok maybe i found the normal and bought the nm one for 1g? lol thought it was other way around though... but these guys seem pretty sure and I havent checked for plans since first week
    Last edited by Oddling77; 2012-06-15 at 08:28 PM.

Me being right doesn't automatically mean everyone else is wrong. Also, me being right and not caring aren't mutually exclusive.
    Actually that's exactly what it means. You said you bought your plans. We said they only drop from a boss. If you are right that by definition means we are wrong because of the way the statements are worded. We can't both be right if we said they ONLY drop off the boss (which they do by the way).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemdust View Post
    Vendor had all 4 plans for me, try joining someone elses game and trying. Inferno Whymshire is overated, hundreds of mediocre lvl 60 blues with 180 magic find from the clouds and champions but very rarely will you see a lvl 60 rare (the irony). You'll make alot of money from exquisite essences but I wouldn't get upset if you don't come across 1400+/1100+ dps weapon, the highest I've found was a 971 dps crossbow. I think the area has been nerfed as it's a heck of alot easier to farm than act 3/4 inferno.
    Are you absolutely certain of buying the normal from the vendor? I highly doubt this unless they changed it in the last maintenance.
    Also, I've been doing Inferno Whimsyshire since week 1 (my mate recently pointed out that I/we must've been one of the EU firsts with the Infernal version of the staff, done on 16th), and yea I was frustrated as well by the drops before seriously upgrading my MF set. I now run it with ~240 MF not counting NV buff, and the drops are most of the time decent. Obviously everybody gets screwed by statrolls on items, but the amount of gear is really nice, and most of the time it's lvl 60. All and all easiest place to farm for gear assuming you've got a Wiz or a DH to do it as. Also it's really nice to be able to clear it all by yourself and then shout for guildies and friends to come pick some free loot, it's a collective gearup as well in a sense thanks to the clouds/pinata.