Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The highlights are a cool idea, but I hope there's an option not to have them. I think simple earrings will do.

To everyone bitching about how Panderan are just a big joke, weh weh weh:

Try being a fucking Goblin. Alright? Our whole fucking zone is just a big old HEYOO, INTERNET MEME. COMICAL RELIEF, HAHA EXPLOSIONS. Over, and over, and over. You CAN'T take goblins seriously, and it's a fucking shame. Pandaren get a semi-serious starting zone at least, helping the big turtle with his wounds and growing as an individual.
    And to the person who said this race was for the fatties; Rude. That wasn't even fucking necessary to say, and I hope you feel at least a little bit bad for saying that about people you don't even know. Oh wait, it's the internet, you're not gonna give two shits.

Gee-ZUS. Yeah, the white-stripe through the hair is REAL childish, when you can use that to make them look old. Also, I think you can choose the hair-stripe to match the natural hair color so you don't HAVE to have one. Also, for last freaking time;
    THE LANGUAGE IS OBVIOUSLY A PLACEHOLDER.
    Ghad, it's like MMO-Champion folk don't understand that. In the cata beta, Druids had a talent called 'omnomnom', while they waited for an appropriate name.

Oh boy, I can't wait till they actually add in the real language so people can bitch about how 'racist' it sounds, since it's going to have a likely asian theme to it. Man, this community stinks.

I'm starting to think people who are bitchin'-and-moanin' about this expansion are doing it JUST for the sake of complaining. This is one of the most.. visual appealing, story oriented, non grim-dark-stupid expansions we've had, and pays the most homeage to 'Vanilla' than the others. Maybe the fact that we don't have Metzen'd mary-sue characters is why people are so bitchy, or that things aren't being torn apart and destroyed.. Oh well. I'm sure once the expansion actually comes out, the bitchers will whip right around, as usual, and say how great it is.
    Last edited by Guavasaur; 2012-06-15 at 03:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, now we've got female asian panda's trying to be like scene girls by dying their hair vibrant colours, wtf blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I'll bite on this.

Yes, it's a game, it's meant to be fun, and WoW has always been on the lighthearted side, but there has been an increasing violation of a very simple rule that many immersive players, including myself, live by:

If my character is going to be the butt of a joke, in a situation that I am paying to be entertained, it should be as I choose it, when I choose it, to a degree that I choose it.
    You won't, more than you've always been.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Having an entire expansion with an opening aesthetic of "duh-huh-yuck, bouncy drunks y'all" goes too far. The only way to correct an opening presentation like that is to OVER-correct it, which would likely involve an uncomfortable swerve toward the depressing that is even less appealing.
    The pandaren starting zone is actually far more serious than, say, the goblin one.

That's that taken care of, enjoy.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

Deleted
    I want SWTOR to be paid of im honest as it will keep the game as good as it is. At worst id want it to be like LoTRO where some can pay. this way they get something extra or free things or whatever ----> minus the terrible gold cap for F2P in LoTRO :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Once more the retard award goes to GC

Newsflash dbag, you design the game for the players not for yourself.

Please don't flame anyone.
    Remember when they listened to the 1% of players who complained about how faceroll easy Wrath got? And 2 million people left because of how stupid hard Cata was at launch?

Yeah, that went well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Where exactly do you get this 240,000 figure from. Trion isn't a public company and I've never read them releasing how many subscribers they have (and they don't need to either). So I'm interested in your source.
    Answer was provided in an earlier post:
    Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    http://www.mmodata.net/

A fantastic, neutral website.

They haven't updated in a while, though, but I think that's mostly because some MMO companies have been ..... well relunctant to release their data lately.

There'll likely be an update when Q2 is over (end of June/start of July). Companies eventually have to answer to their shareholders whether they like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaq View Post
    Remember when they listened to the 1% of players who complained about how faceroll easy Wrath got? And 2 million people left because of how stupid hard Cata was at launch?

Yeah, that went well.
    Someone with some sense! <3
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

love the female pandaren hair...i'm a sucker for girls with colorful hair though <3

Quote Originally Posted by Cammancy View Post
    To everyone bitching about how Panderan are just a big joke, weh weh weh:

Try being a fucking Goblin. Alright? Our whole fucking zone is just a big old HEYOO, INTERNET MEME. COMICAL RELIEF, HAHA EXPLOSIONS. Over, and over, and over. You CAN'T take goblins seriously, and it's a fucking shame. Pandaren get a semi-serious starting zone at least, helping the big turtle with his wounds and growing as an individual.
    And to the person who said this race was for the fatties; Rude. That wasn't even fucking necessary to say, and I hope you feel at least a little bit bad for saying that about people you don't even know. Oh wait, it's the internet, you're not gonna give two shits.

Gee-ZUS. Yeah, the white-stripe through the hair is REAL childish, when you can use that to make them look old. Also, I think you can choose the hair-stripe to match the natural hair color so you don't HAVE to have one. Also, for last freaking time;
    THE LANGUAGE IS OBVIOUSLY A PLACEHOLDER.
    Ghad, it's like MMO-Champion folk don't understand that. In the cata beta, Druids had a talent called 'omnomnom', while they waited for an appropriate name.

Oh boy, I can't wait till they actually add in the real language so people can bitch about how 'racist' it sounds, since it's going to have a likely asian theme to it. Man, this community stinks.

I'm starting to think people who are bitchin'-and-moanin' about this expansion are doing it JUST for the sake of complaining. This is one of the most.. visual appealing, story oriented, non grim-dark-stupid expansions we've had, and pays the most homeage to 'Vanilla' than the others. Maybe the fact that we don't have Metzen'd mary-sue characters is why people are so bitchy, or that things aren't being torn apart and destroyed.. Oh well. I'm sure once the expansion actually comes out, the bitchers will whip right around, as usual, and say how great it is.
    QFT 10char

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    Answer was provided in an earlier post:
    From their site:

C rating – Some of the datapoints may come from official or other reliable sources, many of the datapoints come from estimates, third party sources, unclear official sources or other indirect information.
    That's for Rift. In other words, why should I believe their sources when Trion doesn't release numbers themselves.

And about all these 'zomg panda females look like scene emo girls', wow, what a community we have here, hating on the hair colours by comparing them to people in real life that are different to your regular joe, but I guess we hate people we don't understand, right?

Now all the scene girls are gonna re-roll Panda.

People bitching about rogue dps are they fu****g serious?

Imagine if that Pandaren language will stay ^^ (It won't though )
    Also those hairstyles look really nice I must admit.

I wouldn't play SW:TOR even if it goes fully free to play.

Om nom nom nom. Nom nom nom RED om nom nom.

After reading this, I had to make an account to comment. What I am basically getting out of this rogue article is that the game designers are hearing our [rogues'] complaints and don't care because we're not a hybrid class? They've taken away at least 2 of the main abilities I use in my rotation and aren't replacing it with anything. This is so ridiculous. Here's to hoping SWTOR goes Free to Play, I am over Mists of Pandaria.

---------- Post added 2012-06-15 at 10:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    People bitching about rogue dps are they fu****g serious?
    Playing PVE is incredibly frustrating for rogues in Beta (and it doesn't look like they'll change much before Mists goes live). I am not good enough at PVP to comment there, but I am awesome at PVE and in Beta, I'm just not. Every single mob is like a mini boss fight when I'm soloing. It's never been this bad before.

I'm hoping against all hope that this means we'll get to have highlights in our hair for all races. I know my belf hunter would love some bright, Nelf-blue streaks in her hair.

Also I hope they keep the Pandaren language translation the same. There's not enough fun in this game, and it already takes itself way too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaq View Post

Yeah, that went well.
    Got some evidence that's why people left? No? Not going to attribute anything to other titles coming out and stealing playerbase numbers? Or the fact that Mike Morhaime himself stated that people are consuming content faster than ever before as a relation to why subscriber numbers are falling? Or the fact that content got really easy again and numbers are still falling? No?

But one important thing to point out, and Mr. Morhaime touched on this as well, is that World of Warcraft's subscriber base does not change linearly. It fluctuates based on content consumption, which players seem to be doing a whole lot of -- at a more rapid pace -- with Cataclysm. "Subscriber levels have decreased faster than previous expansions," he said.
    Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...sse-Blue-Posts

Yeah.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    swtor going f2p well that didnt take long did it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rookbird View Post
    They're not straw man arguments, he's answering genuine questions quoted from actual players. While some of his answers fell into the same rhetoric we're used to hearing, that doesn't surprise me since many people continue to rephrase questions that have already been essentially answered in the past. Even counting those, though, I didn't see such a rapid succession to make someone sick.

5 detailed posts from the Lead Systems Designer personally answering player concerns, even if the questions were cherry picked, is actually an impressive amount of developer feedback, to me.
    No, they're strawmen. Not all of them, but many:

"We could eliminate combo points and just give Eviscerate a cooldown. Would that be easier?" - In response to people wanting combo points on the player, something that has no direct meaning to making the class easier to play, it's a quality of life issue.

"What do you think the DPS difference is among the 3 rogue specs on Ultraxion?" - In response to people wanting to play their class properly on all fights, nothing to do with equating dps across the specs.

"In fact, I would challenge you to name those classes and specs (not counting monk) that you think got a really good deal in Mists" - In response to rogues claiming they feel left out on the fun new ability side of things, completing disregarding the question or offering counterexample and just redirecting attention on to other classes.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh