Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    I have yet to use the word "wrong" in this thread.

Your post was so disjointed, so poorly supported, and so wildly irrational/illogical that it did not warrant discussion. If you have a point you're trying to make (and I suspect there is one hidden in there somewhere), you're free to make it at any time.
    I actually tried to make a point but since it's not visible to you I guess it's no use.You may ignore my posts from now on since they will probably not warrant any discussion to your critical eye or you may again call them ''wrong'' (fill with false,illogical,blabla...),those posts you apparently don't know what they're about,you may also keep calling them wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Yeah I think we concluded most that we can on the topic by now I just found it interesting that he made such a big stink about some one posting he's opinion with the argument that he needed to back it up and then proceed to not supply he's own backed up opinion. =)
    Good point.

I do ponder that a certain level of "fatigue" is setting in. With the developers and the community.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolman View Post
    Unfortunatly I knew SWTOR may (or most likely will go) F2P even before launch. It's launch was great, but could not hold players in. I did warn Bioware on forums this will happen, they did not listen.

They pulled a SOE on SWTOR fans. How soe make CU and NGE system on swg, and not listening to it's players, Bioware did that again. They just looked like they were "listening", but only posts that does not matter entirely. SWTOR was too WoW in Star wars skin, and guess what? I was dead right.

I do not think F2P model will help them in a least bit. Their head Developer is from the head department from customer service, and by that, Bioware (or EA) hired the wrong guys to make SWTOR, they also hired the guys who brought Jump to the lightspeed for SWG (which ended up losing subs upon release). SWTOR is set to shutting down, it is laughable really, game spent million dollars on USELESS voice overs, and the game goes F2P (or shutting down) in 11 months, not even a full year. Yeah they said F2P is set at November. But As much as i love SW (I still play SWG), swg was way more successful then SWTOR.

The question now is, will the free to play model going to saved the game? Or will it set to the depths of MMO Graveyard.
    If you're really saying the truth you make a point.But I have anecdotal evidence too.
    I played a lot of free to play,and I have this example,it is just perfect for our discussion.

I used to play on WoW private servers.
    You can call private servers basically the unofficial free to play version of WoW.
    And they almost-perfectly represent what could happen to WoW if it went F2P.
    At one side a twisted and ill community and the other a small group of hardcore elites with an instinctive need to reject strangers.Which is just a small example of how a community can turn out when it's F2P.
    Last edited by mmocba4f7a59a4; 2012-08-09 at 09:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunatly I knew SWTOR may (or most likely will go) F2P even before launch. It's launch was great, but could not hold players in. I did warn Bioware on forums this will happen, they did not listen.

I do not think F2P model will help them in a least bit. Their head Developer is from the head department from customer service, and by that, Bioware (or EA) hired the wrong guys to make SWTOR, they also hired the guys who brought Jump to the lightspeed for SWG (which ended up losing subs upon release). SWTOR is set to shutting down, it is laughable really, game spent million dollars on USELESS voice overs, and the game goes F2P (or shutting down) in 11 months, not even a full year. Yeah they said F2P is set at November. But As much as i love SW (I still play SWG), swg was way more successful then SWTOR.
    No. Just no, dude. You are so much wrong. First off, SWG was not way more succesful then SWTOR. It had not the largest MMO launch ever in the history nor it captured so many players in the first months. Wrong right there. Yep TOR lost many players but the things like the story-driven experience, voice-acting and superb PvP it brought to the table are one of the best I have ever seen (and I have played plenty of other games to know the difference) to this day. SWTOR is not set to shutting down, it's set to be going F2P with optional sub system and analysts already predict that this direction will bring millions of players. BioWare is delivering content on a very fast pace and is promising to deliver it even faster. I'd rather believe the developer than random people on the internet saying false prophecies.

SWTOR was too WoW in Star wars skin, and guess what? I was dead right.
    I swear, I am one "wow with lightsabers" argument from bursting into crying over people's stupidity.
    The question now is, will the free to play model going to saved the game? Or will it set to the depths of MMO Graveyard.
    The question is why do people burn with passion to hate the game so much and can't resist to bash it whenever they have the chance. This calls for some research on the subject, srsly.
    Last edited by Crysis; 2012-08-09 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    I swear, I am one "wow with lightsabers" argument from bursting into crying over people's stupidity.
    It's alright dude, they are all wrong, it's EQ with lightsabers. :P

The question is why do people burn with passion to hate the game so much and can't resist to bash it whenever they have the chance. This calls for some research on the subject, srsly.
    To quote a guy in our community upon hearing about SWTOR going F2P, "Some one at EA must really hate that game", I found it both funny and strangely accurate.

SWTOR was a huge letdown.

Warning: Please post constructively or not at all. Stop spamming threads.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-08-09 at 11:49 PM.

No. Just no, dude. You are so much wrong. First off, SWG was not way more succesful then SWTOR. It had not the largest MMO launch ever in the history nor it captured so many players in the first months. Wrong right there. Yep TOR lost many players but the things like the story-driven experience, voice-acting and superb PvP it brought to the table are one of the best I have ever seen (and I have played plenty of other games to know the difference) to this day. SWTOR is not set to shutting down, it's set to be going F2P with optional sub system and analysts already predict that this direction will bring millions of players. BioWare is delivering content on a very fast pace and is promising to deliver it even faster. I'd rather believe the developer than random people on the internet saying false prophecies.

Pretty much agree, except Alyssa is right its EQ with lightsabers.

The pathological hate for this game is amazing, i think it does deserve some serious study. Maybe they will give us a grant to study the phenomina.

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Most people consider "content" to be raids, dungeons, quests, etc. While the LFG and rated battlegrounds were nice, they didn't add anything to gameplay.
    RWZ are the only reason I have played since 1.3 so it surely added something for me.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Tell me how SWTOR endgame isn't 99% the same as WoW endgame. You do bgs, you do raids, you collect gear, you do dailies, you do a world PvP event.

You're going to "burst out crying over people's stupidity"? SWTOR uses the same endgame as WoW, which uses the same endgame as previous games.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't really need to talk about the set-up of Endgame, because as Vizzle pointed out, is the same in every other game. Just like FPS games are all the same, MMOs tend to follow the same paths as each other (with a few straying off the path).

I unsubbed a couple of months ago due to the lack of end content and updates and all the ohh so peristent bugs in the game. could not take it anymore. paying sub fee for a broke down game, i could not justify it. i was actually a SWTOR fan in the beginning (woke up early to buy the box and even waited 30 mins for the store to open)

i knew that swtor was not going to survive on on a pure sub fee and was expecting it to go F2P even when other fanboys were up in arms defending swtor from an onslaught of angry zerging subscribers. and i was 1/2 right.

i was happy at first when i heard it was going to f2p but then i saw the f2p structure. everything 'worthwhile' warzones, flashpoints operations etc, especially for end game people. game contents are either limited or not accessible without paying a sub fee. we dont know yet as of the real details of how they are going to gate this or how limited f2p will be in terms of how many FPs and warzones we can play, but my return to swtor is looking pretty dim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Tell me how SWTOR endgame isn't 99% the same as WoW endgame. You do bgs, you do raids, you collect gear, you do dailies, you do a world PvP event.

You're going to "burst out crying over people's stupidity"? SWTOR uses the same endgame as WoW, which uses the same endgame as previous games.
    And que the images showing abilities having the same mechanics and effects and near identical cooldowns. To say SWTOR didn't borrow very heavily from WoW is silly to say the least, some people can't see the forest with all the trees in the way I guess.

---------- Post added 2012-08-11 at 11:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Here I said :
    I obviously point out that I'm not ignoring there are unpleasant players on P2P too.
    Yes you did, and your analogy is shitty at best, guess that means the local hamburger shack by defauls has to be some sort of den of villany and murder, when in reality it's just another place where people order their meal and eat it just like they would at any other place.

Would be interesting to see if they can turn it around.

F2P model might work depending on how they implement it. I noticed they let you play the leveling for free, which is pretty much the crown jewels for SWTOR. The stuff you pay for is actually the stuff that isn't nearly half as good as the stuff they give for free. So this at first makes me wonder if they can actually attract more subscribers after the initial wave.

I guess they could give the F2P people only 1~2 character slots and limited bank space. If someone wanted to try another character or faction they would have to pay for it which would be something worth it for someone that likes the story. Also aesthetic choices for companions would be pretty good to include as well. I think it would be cool where you had the option of getting the whole shebang for a sub fee OR you could pay for individual stuff like access to PvP, more character slots etc.

On the flip side they could totally botch the F2P and it could become a Pay2Win model.

Something that would not effect SWTOR would probably be the model where they just don't let you have access to the part of the game which is not worth the sub, i.e end game.

So it will be interesting to see what they do with their F2P model. I think they could either really turn it around, botch it and make it worse or not effect the game what so ever. I think the F2P model will also give you insight into the people working on the game, their thought process and how in tune they are with what customers want. It will probably forecast the future of SWTOR.

While I'm excited for the news and it will get me to play the game again, I'm a bit scared about the limitations of Free to Play.

Things like content and storyline sections should be ALL free and accesible by both sub and free players. A FAQ question had me thinking for a while, the one where someone asks if their Rakata/War Hero gear would be deleted upon cancelling.

Does this mean that only sub players will be able to get the best gear? Or access all of the content? I feel that these two things are the worst to limit in the Free to Play model.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerOKami View Post
    While I'm excited for the news and it will get me to play the game again, I'm a bit scared about the limitations of Free to Play.

Things like content and storyline sections should be ALL free and accesible by both sub and free players. A FAQ question had me thinking for a while, the one where someone asks if their Rakata/War Hero gear would be deleted upon cancelling.

Does this mean that only sub players will be able to get the best gear? Or access all of the content? I feel that these two things are the worst to limit in the Free to Play model.
    Well in that same Q&A you mentioned the developer responded saying they won't be deleting any gear, characters, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    Well in that same Q&A you mentioned the developer responded saying they won't be deleting any gear, characters, etc..
    Yep. But I also checked the /FREE on the mainpage and saw that Operations are sub only... what gives?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerOKami View Post
    Yep. But I also checked the /FREE on the mainpage and saw that Operations are sub only... what gives?
    Sooner or later everything will be f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by boyrot View Post
    Sooner or later everything will be f2p.
    Well... It's something.

Quote Originally Posted by Shininglight View Post
    Hmmmm I 'might' actually try it if it goes F2P.
    The one good thing about SWTOR is the leveling/story component. Since that content is 100% open to F2P players, you should absolutely give it a shot. The rest of the game is a bit of a mess in my opinion, but the leveling experience alone was well worth my investment at launch and a 3 month sub.

This at least will make me think about the game again. Although there's no way they are going to make much of a profit off it anymore so the game is about to fall off the cliff (well whichever cliff it hasn't fallen off already). RIP SWTOR