Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    What's the latest on on F2P arrival?
    still "November".

But as several others have said. That's an estimate. Also, they might drag it out to force people to stay subbed a little longer or risk their cartel coins.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    still "November".

But as several others have said. That's an estimate. Also, they might drag it out to force people to stay subbed a little longer or risk their cartel coins.
    I plan on playing either way so for our guild it makes little difference but I do feel like what you said is being discuss in some boardroom.

Push back the F2P date by one month and into Dec. (going by the Nov. date as if it was true) and people pay again so to not lose the coins. BW could do that about twice before I see people getting really pissed and pushing it into January. Again pushing people to pay another month that they may not would have stayed around for.

It's a pretty solid business move for sure. Short term gain for long term trouble.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    It's a pretty solid business move for sure. Short term gain for long term trouble.
    If they are afraid they are going to lose the only solid revenue stream when the switch to F2P happens, it's probably the only strategy they think they have left. Their mishandling of the Cartel Coin issue and still no real clarification as of yet has forced them to lose my subscription. And since I more than likely won't have my Cartel Coins that caused me to resub in the first place, they won't have any of my business when it goes F2P either.

At this point their stall tactics seem to only beg for more money before they can't do it any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    SNIP...
    Their mishandling of the Cartel Coin issue and still no real clarification as of yet has forced them to lose my subscription.
    What mishandling are you talking about as I'm pretty clear on it so now you got me wondering?

And since I more than likely won't have my Cartel Coins that caused me to resub in the first place, they won't have any of my business when it goes F2P either.

At this point their stall tactics seem to only beg for more money before they can't do it any longer.
    It could be a stall tactic for sure if used at all. I have to admit, even with being announced as going F2P, it will be the fastest conversion I have ever seen which makes me wonder if they can pull it off by November. So stalling players for coins could very well happen.

However (tinfoil hats one everyone), I have had a few discussions that F2P was the way this game was going way back during design. Massive hype to generate initial box sales, multiple months of $15/months revenue with the full intention of moving to a F2P model and the backbone for it already there and created during it's design with some portions to be created as needed (like now)

If the conversion to F2P hits Nov. (which would be in record time to what others conversions did that I can find out about) you would be hard pressed to convince me it wasn't planned long before release.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    What mishandling are you talking about as I'm pretty clear on it so now you got me wondering?
    There's a lengthy discussion in another thread, but the original announcement didn't have a special "You must be subscribed at F2P to get these coins" and it has since been added. Also, no previous announcements about it added that little clause, but the latest stream had it very plainly stated that way.

It was a very dishonest way to do business, even if it had been there from the start...which we have screenshots to prove that it wasn't.

Did they ever announce multi-server que's for Dungeons?