Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Aren't we still under NDA, just checking lol?
    He didn't reveal any of the content though, unless being incomplete is a feature. But Totalbiscuit and Kotaku (website) showed some stuff from it, so I don't know..?
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2012-06-15 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    He didn't reveal any of the content though, unless being incomplete is a feature. But Totalbiscuit and Kotaku (website) showed some stuff from it, so I don't know..?
    Well let me leave it at this. I ended up uninstalling the beta and didn't give it a second thought =/.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobzor McScrub View Post
    Yep, so succesfull that wow, rift, tera and swtor (until now) and the coming Secret World never even considered going f2p. So successful that only games deemed as trash (and gw2, it seems, but arenanet is a special snowflake for their own reasons) are currently f2p.

I'll never understand the advocates of the f2p model who say it's more successful than sub based model, when overwhelming evidence clearly point at the opposite.
    Quite curious on your evidence, since evidence for F2P/B2P is utterly destroying. I'm just going to leave this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns-IIn-DG-c. I gave up trying to convince people who got stuck in their sub fee justification. They are charging a sub fee because they apparantly can, 'cause the players allow them to. It doesn't improve the game, only the pockets of the company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    Great video. Shame most people hellbent on thrashing TOR or F2P won't care though.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    Quite curious on your evidence, since evidence for F2P/B2P is utterly destroying. I'm just going to leave this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns-IIn-DG-c. I gave up trying to convince people who got stuck in their sub fee justification. They are charging a sub fee because they apparantly can, 'cause the players allow them to. It doesn't improve the game, only the pockets of the company.
    So? Rather Blizz have 15 bucks to at least give me the excuse they use it to make new content then Mcdonalds making me fat. 15 bucks is 15 bucks, and no matter who or what you are: that is not a lot of money.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Are you guys seriously argueing that F2P in this case would be "because F2P is also a decent model to make money"? :/

Be realistic. Sub based mmos don't go F2P just because they think they will make more money. They go F2P when they're falling apart.

Games that start F2P with a Cash Shop AND games that, eventually, go from B2P to F2P are different creatures.

MMOs ditching subscription are not in one of those mentioned different groups.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Aren't we still under NDA, just checking lol?
    Quite, but when Funcom releases little bits of info themselves surely that's not NDA?

---------- Post added 2012-06-15 at 08:46 AM ----------

It's not cool to mention the emperor untill we play a warhammer 40k MMO.
    Which won't happen. The planned Dark Millenium is now to be a RPG instead.

---------- Post added 2012-06-15 at 08:46 AM ----------

Wait, warhammer still exists ?!? I'm not trolling, there are still people playing it ?!? Haven't heard about it in years, I just assumed it went under like sw:galaxies.
    A few still plays it yes, but those are mostly die-hard veterans. I'm fairly sure that DaoC and EQ1 are more succesful than Warhammer Online though.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Quite, but when Funcom releases little bits of info themselves surely that's not NDA?
    Yeah just checking though. I wouldn't mind speaking up some more on this game. Hope they can work everything out before times up, so far its not looking so good.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Well let me leave it at this. I ended up uninstalling the beta and didn't give it a second thought =/.
    Same, but now I'm kinda regretting it, if they've truly changed as much as they say.
    Though honestly I'd wish that TWS was a singleplayer RPG though, I think it would truly shine as such.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bewbew View Post
    Are you guys seriously argueing that F2P in this case would be "because F2P is also a decent model to make money"? :/

Be realistic. Sub based mmos don't go F2P just because they think they will make more money. They go F2P when they're falling apart.

Games that start F2P with a Cash Shop AND games that, eventually, go from B2P to F2P are different creatures.

MMOs ditching subscription are not in one of those mentioned different groups.
    1. They might also be games/companies looking for a more beneficial model as their shareholders want more money. The F2P model has proven to be highly competitive and is shaping the market.

2. Let's not forget these are the words of a developer answering a controversial question, not a financial officer of the company. He might well be out of his depth or answering a diplomatic "maybe" on something he knows nothing about not to seem out of the loop or stupid.
    Last edited by zealous; 2012-06-15 at 08:54 AM.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

thas terrible
    "going" f2p" is for many people the same like "dying", and an EA/bioware official even hinting at going f2p cant mean anything good.
    seriously, if this game goes f2p I will not play it again, I do not know any f2p model that could possibly please me. I really feel bad, I just play yesterday again after a month break and was having quite fun. this sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post

Know how much money I spent on those games?? ZERO. Not even a dime. And don`t tell me I`m the exception. I am part of the VAST MAJORITY that doesn`t spent a single dime on free games.
    Three words will prove that whole sentence incorrect...STAR TREK ONLINE.
    So you may not but many many others do.

Those players and I am one of them spend hundreds of dollars in the store for the ships and costumes and other goodies it has.I myself have spent around $250.00 buying C-Points in the 2 years I have played for their store purchases.And the first year of that was paying a sub as well before they went free to play.

The lockboxes they have in game to get rare ships like the Ferengi Marauder ship or Cardassian Galor class ship people have spent upwards of $300.00 just to get the keys to open the boxes just for a small chance at those ships.

That game is making a killing in it's store as Star Trek fans have to have their favorite ship types as well as uniforms and costumes from the movies and shows.

In that game the majority are paying out the nose for those items being they are die hard Trek fans and want those items.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazert View Post
    Yep,expected that 1 week since the launch.I used to be one of the people that thought this game would be really successful.Although,I just couldnt play with this HORRIBLE gameplay.I was so used to the smooth gameplay of WoW that I couldnt play SWTOR.Now dont tell me its a different type of gameplay because it isnt.So many bugs...It was obvious this game wasnt finished.Also PvP was terrible,every class was the same( with a lot of CCs and knockbacks) that wasnt fun at all.Its just fun that people in this forum were like "this game isnt dead","game is awesome".It might be "awesome" for you but not for the majority of people.After the fail of SWTOR I doubt that we will see another high budget MMORPG soon...Sad,because this game had a lot of potential.
    Problem is if it was just Bioware making the game and EA was out of the picture I have a feeling we would be seeing a completely different game and one that was more finished and polished than what was released.

Bioware was always great with their games but once EA stepped in Bioware was gutted from the company they were to what we have now under EA.
    Last edited by Leodegrance; 2012-06-15 at 09:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    thas terrible
    "going" f2p" is for many people the same like "dying", and an EA/bioware official even hinting at going f2p cant mean anything good.
    seriously, if this game goes f2p I will not play it again, I do not know any f2p model that could possibly please me. I really feel bad, I just play yesterday again after a month break and was having quite fun. this sucks.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns-IIn-DG-c

@Vewen:

Told ya no one would bother =)

F2p doesn't get real players back, it only gets players looking for a super casual style MMO and who don't really care what they are playing.
    But the casuals proliferate the game, and heck, you can eat the casuals for breakfast in PvP.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Actually when a game goes free to play, lot of people gonna try out right away ( Lotr for example ), it can help them
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post

@Vewen:

Oh well, at least I tried. If people want to believe spending money is the best thing, it's their thing. I'm sure shareholders of all sub fee based MMO's won't mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be quite happy if swtor went f2p. It would get me back at least, and I know a lot of people who won't play the game unless it actually goes f2p.

I don't think it'll be anytime soon, but it would be a good thing for both the MMO market (sub fee MMO's are a thing of the past, IMO)
    and SWTOR in particular if it went free to play with vanity/convenience cash shop items.

The fact that they're at least considering it is a good sign.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Oh hey cool, I'd probably start playing again if it went F2P. Sounds good to me!

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns-IIn-DG-c

@Vewen:

no one said there are no good f2p games out there. but If you look at other sub based MMOs that went f2p, I dont see how you can blame people who think this is not the best thing that can happen to a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Riiiiiight, that's why Guild Wars, who has NEVER ever charged a fee of any kind, never ever released any content.

Am I right?
    Don't get me wrong, I played GW for a long time and enjoyed it immensely, but honestly, very little of what they released was actual content. Sure, they did a good job of continually balancing stuff, and occasionally they'd add a few new green weapons into the game, new b-day minipets, and such, but in terms of actual CONTENT, not a ton was added outside of actual expansion packs. Sure, they did start adding more post-EotN, but even that was mainly to hold player interest and keep GW in their minds until GW2 hits...