Thread: I told you so.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I told you so.

You think people will learn that all that hype doesn't mean that an MMO would be a "WoW killer" or even good that matter.

Now SWTOR about to go Free2Play soon (since EA is behind it you know that means Pay2Win). I was mocked before SWTOR came out for saying that it wont last and that it will die like any MMO before that hyped to no end but falling short and either died or kept going as a mediocre success. Due to resent events, I can finally do this:

Now, please stop going crazy over any new shinny MMO. Don't believe the hype machine.

Okay mods, I'll take my lickings now.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Well this thread may come off as having hostile intent, at first glance, but I think you have a positive message

You are very correct, in saying that this is a good example of why MMO players should not get super excited over every new MMO that's announced. I hope readers can take that message, and that some day we can have a better overall community of MMO players, who will judge a game more reasonably, based on it's actual merits, as opposed to getting involved with the hype engine
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Meh, I like SWTOR, I never thought it was a "wow killer" as I don't with any game because I see them individually with their pluses and minuses. Pretty glad it's going f2p though, just means I don't have to pay 2 subs. I will agree with OP though that game hype is a pretty awful thing... *cough* gw2 *cough* D3..... what?
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Quote Originally Posted by I stand in fire View Post
    Now, please stop going crazy over any new shinny MMO.
    I will not.

Feel free to link this video again when GW2 flops, by all means OP; this message can't be gotten across enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Feel free to link this video again when GW2 flops, by all means OP; this message can't be gotten across enough.
    No way, cause Gw2 is the wow killer, it's re-inventing the gaming industry.., and it's..., fresh, and you can swap abilities, and you can.., ehm.., it's re-inventing the gaming industry.., and.., ah bollocks.., maybe OP is right

I agree 100%. I too was mocked in these forums, and there it is.

And I`ll say it first. GW2 will be an awesome game, that will die pretty soon from lack of end game content. You guys can write that down.

No raids? Dungeons with even less than 5 people in it? Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Hahaha, yeah. No. I don't see how a game with no sub can even fail.

I don't understand elitist attitudes and defending a game you play against a game someone else plays.

If someone else likes a game you don't, or doesn't like your game.... so what?

Quote Originally Posted by Krowz View Post
    I don't understand elitist attitudes and defending a game you play against a game someone else plays.

If someone else likes a game you don't, or doesn't like your game.... so what?
    Apparently you aren't playing the right game if you're not playing the best game, best being the one with the most subs.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Apparently you aren't playing the right game if you're not playing the best game, best being the one with the most subs.
    Or the new one that is going to have more subs than the current one with the most subs.

seriously what the heck with those i told you so threads. To each their own.
    But I do agree with this particular OP, mostly because the hype machine is what's killing games, not lack of end game content or anything else. People believe that each new mmo will be the Messiah but uhm, guess what, no.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It`s EXACTLY that.

The best game IS the one with the most subs.

When the majority of people think something, and you (and a few others) disagree, there`s a very high probability that you are the wrong one.

I`ve seen your comments on these forums for quite some time now grandpab, and you are one of the weakest minded people I`ve ever seen on these forums. You change your opinion about stuff so fast it`s hillarious. The new game is always the best one eh? Am I right? It`s cool being the different guy right?

And to the "smart" guy who asked how can a game fail if it doesn`t have any subs.... I really can`t say what I`m thinking, or I might risk being banned again (for the 20th time or so).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    Meh, I like SWTOR, I never thought it was a "wow killer" as I don't with any game because I see them individually with their pluses and minuses. Pretty glad it's going f2p though, just means I don't have to pay 2 subs. I will agree with OP though that game hype is a pretty awful thing... *cough* gw2 *cough* D3..... what?
    D3 ain't mmo brah and ppl still play it(and will for months/years... at least I will) and it's 1 time payment only

Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    It`s EXACTLY that.

When the majority of people think something, and you (and a few others) disagree, there`s a very high probability that you are the wrong one.

I`ve seen your comments on these forums for quite some time now grandpab, and you are one of the weakest minded people I`ve ever seen on these forums. You change your opinion about stuff so fast it`s hillarious. The new game is always the best one eh? Am I right? It`s cool being the different guy right?

And to the "smart" guy who asked how can a game fail if it doesn`t have any subs.... I really can`t say what I`m thinking, or I might risk being banned again (for the 20th time or so).
    The best game is not the one with the most subs, because the best is measured solely by the players personal taste. Saying I'm wrong because I'm not interested in GW2 when a lot of people on these forums are is childish, which guessing by your username (which may be your year of birth) would be appropriate.

No freaking way. The best game is the game YOU are having FUN with. People still play Everquest and Warhammer online.
    After all GAMES are meant for you to have fun. Hence the name GAME.

I don't get why people think mmos are failures if after their release 50% of the players playing wow don't switch to it and stay with it ~_~
    games can do well without wow's numbers.
    (granted some are legitimately awful like ff14)

Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    It`s EXACTLY that.

I feel all tingly inside, I have myself a stalker. Yup, so I liked Rift and SWTOR when they were new and then didn't like them anymore after a couple months...I guess that makes me weak minded for not being stubborn and playing a game I didn't like anymore. I still have respect for Rift and its devs though, but after 7 years I became weak minded and my opinion about raiding changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobzor McScrub View Post
    Well in truth, you could say the best game is the one with the largest playerbase. I mean I'm sure some guys are thrilled by Runescape, for example, but I don't think you would agree Runescape is da bomb at the moment.
    Da bomb as in what? The place to be in town? Gimme a bloody break. This attitude is what's killing new games, and through that, makes good games turn bad due to lack of competition. What's the difference if you play a game with 1 million subs and one with 1 billion? Practically none since you can hardly interact with half that amount in practice, let alone the whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobzor McScrub View Post
    Well in truth, you could say the best game is the one with the largest playerbase. I mean I'm sure some guys are thrilled by Runescape, for example, but I don't think you would agree Runescape is da bomb at the moment.
    People who enjoy Runescape would say its the bomb though.

For example, I used to play an mmo that during peak hours would have less than 150 people online per server. This was my favorite mmo of all time because I was so immersed in the game and knew everything about it. I always had fun and always had things to do. To me, it was the best mmo I ever played, but hardly anyone has ever heard of it. Does that make me wrong for liking it? Of course not.