Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    the average european has a lot less disposable income than the average US citizen.

so not really a surprise
    I am sorry, but are you actually measuring average values for two continents? and two continents as diverse as (North) America and Europe?

You understand that's completely pointless right?

Cant tell you game is enjoyable if you treat it as a job?? are you joking me?? im literaly jumping to the roof out of joy becouse i can actually play A GAME and make 3 times mores money then i can working like a slave for some1 else to make money in a real world, my first month in D3 i made 1000euros lol and the game is sooooooooo enjoyable you have no idea hahahahahhaha
    Last edited by Sh4ded; 2012-06-15 at 01:50 PM.
    Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    I don't get how people are so proud they made like 500-600 € I'm sure if you spent that time working you'd have at least triple even with a terrible job. If I was going to use the game to make money it would probably be something casual like "oh just randomly found a perfect legendary" and sell it for 100-200 not grinding for days playing 10 hours a day and then being all proud. You can't tell me the game is enjoyable if you treat it like a job, if you're gonna work then work for real in my opinion.
    You get off a premise that everyone who made some decent cash is "treating the game like a job", i.e. grinding the f*ck out of goblins or 5 stack Siegebreaker so they can sell the gear for $. From my experience this isn't true at all, everyone I know plays normally, the more lucky ones now got couple 100s euro out of it.

I am not saying those people don't exist, but there will hardly be a lot of them. Majority of the sellers sure as hell don't treat D3 as a job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prez- View Post
    Nothing in the game is worth more than the game itself >.<
    This is an incredibly misguided view that a lot of people seem to share.

How hard is it to grasp that 1mil gold is worth approximately £5/euro currently and thus an item that sells for 20mil gold in the gold AH will sell for approximately £100/euro in the RMAH?

Deleted
    I don't get how people are so proud they made like 500-600 € I'm sure if you spent that time working you'd have at least triple even with a terrible job. If I was going to use the game to make money it would probably be something casual like "oh just randomly found a perfect legendary" and sell it for 100-200 not grinding for days playing 10 hours a day and then being all proud. You can't tell me the game is enjoyable if you treat it like a job, if you're gonna work then work for real in my opinion.
    You make a fail assumption thinking that people consider playing a job. It's a pleasure.
    Also some of us are invalid and thus unemployable for the foreseeable future and RMAH is a nice bonus on top of insurance.

Not everyone lives in a country where monthly paycheck is 2k euros, here in Serbia you are lucky if you have 300eu a month

Guess it's just me that gets bored after farming for 1-2 hours 10 hours would be extremely annoying and repetitive for me and yes I would rather work than keep farming over and over and over for 10 hours

Guess it's just me that gets bored after farming for 1-2 hours 10 hours would be extremely annoying and repetitive for me and yes I would rather work than keep farming over and over and over for 10 hours
    I farmed about 3-4hours per day for around 20days and made 1000euros instead of working 8-10 hours a day like a slave 25 days to make 250euros...

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Naah, we just spend our money better :P
    Look at the world page, sure the US numbers are higher, but the percentage is lower than the european countries on that list.

Though that is a scary webpage.

You are looking at it from the wrong perspective.

It's fun to make 500-600 euro on items which you would have otherwise vendored.
    I haven't talked to anyone that farms to solely sell stuff on the RMAH, but lots of people that are glad that they can sell their not needed stuff there.

Deleted
    Working Time Directive prevents us from working that amount on top of our existing job, not to mention the fact that getting a job nowadays seems to be an accomplishment in itsself. Furthermore, playing Diablo is fun and relaxing, with next to no real "energy requirement" as you would have at a job. You're sat here, typing away, chatting with your friends.

Deleted
    ... Is there any explanation as to why ppl who ordered the digital version have to wait three extra days?

Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    You are looking at it from the wrong perspective.

It's fun to make 500-600 euro on items which you would have otherwise vendored.
    I haven't talked to anyone that farms to solely sell stuff on the RMAH, but lots of people that are glad that they can sell their not needed stuff there.
    You haven't heard of people YET that do that. When the "success stories" start to come out, you'll see people quitting jobs to do it. That's right, you heard it here first people, sell your items for as much as you can now, soon they won't sell nearly as high.

---------- Post added 2012-06-15 at 10:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    ... Is there any explanation as to why ppl who ordered the digital version have to wait three extra days?
    Reading this thread alone, so I may be wrong, but I've seen people say something about changing your password makes that limitation go away or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post

It is kinda annoying indeed. I was kind of planning on selling all my equipment of my main for high price and buys stuff like that back cheaper in a month (as I won't have time to play anyway). It's kind of a gamble, but let's see where it'll take me.

Let's hope the big moneyspenders will still be spending money in three days ^^

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    The more surprising thing to me is that people are actually paying $20+ for items. Item's that, at their core, have 0 value. You can't simply say that The bow that sold for $20 is now valued at $20. It still has 0 real-world value to it. You can't even say that the "value" of these items come from the amount of time it take's to originally acquire them either. They simply have no value.

The people buying these items are really stooping to a whole new level of stupidity.

Edit: Oh yea, and don't give me the typical (defensive) "hey, if people have disposable income don't harp on them", because I definitely have disposable income but realize that in any MMO you play, you are foolish to spend real-world currency to buy in-game items.
    I always believe that someone can buy almost anything with any price if they don't need that money and mostly if they didn't earn that money(rich kids). If you shit dollars out of your ass, your last concern on earth would be spending your money on silly things. Actually people love to spend money on silly/non-valuable things as long as they really don't need money.

That's good money man! Who wouldn't be proud making €600 while playing a game and having fun?
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-06-15 at 02:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I always believe that someone can buy almost anything with any price if they don't need that money and mostly if they didn't earn that money(rich kids). If you shit dollars out of your ass, your last concern on earth would be spending your money on silly things. Actually people love to spend money on silly/non-valuable things as long as they really don't need money.

That's good money man! Who wouldn't be proud making €600 while playing a game and having fun?
    He's working under the assumption that farming for items to sell is not fun (as it is repetitive and boring for some people).
    To me, that assumption is correct, but it definitely doesn't count for everyone (:

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    The only thing is, the silly/non-valuable things people buy... are all tangible items. I'm talking (as I'm sure you knew) nothing more than 01100011 in a database somewhere.

Take away the GUI in D3 and this is what the AH would look like:

100111000 | $200
    001110011 | $20
    111000000 | $500
    010101101 | $30

Either way, I think people misunderstood me. Obviously I'm not telling people they shouldn't spend their money on whatever the hell they want. It's THEIR MONEY, I'm just saying anyone who does spend their money on 10001111000111, is stupid. Just like people saying I pay $15/mo to play a game, is stupid.

The only thing is, the silly/non-valuable things people buy... are all tangible items. I'm talking (as I'm sure you knew) nothing more than 01100011 in a database somewhere.

100111000 | $200
    001110011 | $20
    111000000 | $500
    010101101 | $30

Either way, I think people misunderstood me. Obviously I'm not telling people they shouldn't spend their money on whatever the hell they want. It's THEIR MONEY, I'm just saying anyone who does spend their money on 10001111000111, is stupid. Just like people saying I pay $15/mo to play a game, is stupid.
    Technically, buying a computer game itself is spending money on "10111010101011". Buying an OS for your system is spending money on "1110010100010101". Making phonecalls is spending money on "1010100010100110". I find your argument poor.

Edit: Speeling
    -

15+ Year Old Account

100111000 | $200
    001110011 | $20
    111000000 | $500
    010101101 | $30
    Depending on little or big endian it will look like:

00000000000000000000000011001000 | $200
    00000000000000000000000000010000 | $20
    00000000000000000000000111110100 | $500
    00000000000000000000000000011110 | $30

Sorry, couldn't resist

There are people who think people playing videogames is stupid but what validity does it have, how much does it affect you? Should you listen to that singular voice on the internet telling them what they do is stupid? Whether a product is intangible or not is irrelevant, videogames per se are intangible, they are effectively just a license. Everything virtual costing money is effectively money spent on questionable grounds. Whether it be goods, games, movies or anything because in the end they are all just means to provide you some experience or enhancement to it of your otherwise mainly sedentary timekilling activity.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

100111000 | $200
    001110011 | $20
    111000000 | $500
    010101101 | $30

That's(binary sequences) a bit poor way of defending your argument. Everyone in this forum knows that real valuable thing is the perception of owner.

There is no difference in terms of stupidity between buying a Ferrari or buying a BIS item in Diablo 3. They both satisfies their buyers.

From your logic, every product of software engineering is sequences of binaries and are not worth to buy.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-06-15 at 04:49 PM.