Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Oh no, they LIED. They have proven to say one thing and mean another. It's despicable. Guess we can count Anet to the list of soulless, human flesh eating and EVIL companies like EA and Blizzard, who only crave to shatter your dreams and destroy your soul. Too bad. The list of developers one can trust is getting thinner by the hour.
    Not sure if serious, but if you read ANY of the replies here NOT by the OP it's quite obvious that they did not actually lie and that the OP is flame baiting (like all of the other threads he's started here, which have all been closed)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Stop responding to threads like this...

Tachkisis, is that you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Are GW2 dungeons, PvP and Elite DE's made to be soloable?
    Nope.
    I assume so, because the OP stated "Most of the content is solo-friendly"
    Or are the things you mentioned not an important part of the content?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by turbe View Post
    Do you know the difference between most and all?

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Not sure if serious, but if you read ANY of the replies here NOT by the OP it's quite obvious that they did not actually lie and that the OP is flame baiting (like all of the other threads he's started here, which have all been closed)
    I was obviously anything but serious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by turbe View Post
    They are an important part of the content, and not designed to be solo-able. I am pointing out that the OP is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Every thread he's made (including the one not in the GW2 subforum) is a (not so veiled) slight at GW2, which is just absurd.

---------- Post added 2012-06-15 at 11:01 AM ----------

sorry i didnt realise anti-gw2 opinions laid out and explained clearly was an offense.

Yet you ignore all the posts that actually properly counter your argument.

Really? The only time I joined a group (aside from BWE1 when I did so specifically to play and communicate with friends) was to complete AC. I reached level 34 without joining a group, and would count on being able to reach 80 without joining a group if I so desired. You have no argument.
    why would i bother when im greeted with the same crap. oh ur a troll, flaming despite the effort i take to actually outline my point of view. so what you're telling me, you reached level 34, without having a single person present to help in storyline, renown hearts and DE's? because thats what soloing means, and thats what Arenanet MEAN in their OFFICIAL faq. what, they wrong now? the company that made the game?

Sorry... can you prove that? I can bet that if I went on with nobody else around, I could get to 80. Also, leveling to the cap is not the entire game.
    can you? and as far as customers coming to the official site, with the official faq, getting to 80 IS the big deal. you think these people follow dev chats? forums? no most people will generally find guildwars2.com the first point of call. the faq clearly states you can get to lvl 80, a statemen they feel the player deems important, without the need or help from other players.

Arenanet are saying it, the game tells a different story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    why would i bother when im greeted with the same crap. oh ur a troll, flaming despite the effort i take to actually outline my point of view. so what you're telling me, you reached level 34, without having a single person present to help in storyline, renown hearts and DE's? because thats what soloing means, and thats what Arenanet MEAN in their OFFICIAL faq. what, they wrong now? the company that made the game?
    Because your attitude is obnoxious, and it immediately turns people against you. Calling ANet liars and making bold and somewhat offensive statements only begets the same.

can you? and as far as customers coming to the official site, with the official faq, getting to 80 IS the big deal. you think these people follow dev chats? forums? no most people will generally find guildwars2.com the first point of call. the faq clearly states you can get to lvl 80, a statemen they feel the player deems important, without the need or help from other players.

That's like saying getting to 85 in WoW is the main game. That's soloable, too. Quick, get on to the police that WoW is marketing itself as an MMO! They're clearly LIARS!

No, but it was possible. Are you suggesting that you should be able to kick people out of your world and play the game offline? Because that's not how these "MMO" things work. You can complete most of the content solo, but are you honestly complaining that other people you did not know happened to be nearby while you did a DE/heart? Seriously? o.O

You can. As has been pointed out multiple times in this thread. You can solo most DEs, along with every heart, most skill points, exploration.. it's more that possible to level to 80 solo.

Deleted
    Wait. Are you saying that you can't play solo because there are other people around? Because I'm pretty sure that's not what Anet is saying. If you'd rather play a single player game, you'd be better off playing a single player game. Just saying.

10+ Year Old Account

Welcome to real MMO's, where massive multiplayer means massive multiplayer really, stop throwing a random crapstorm for gw2 having multiplayer, you're not obligated to party with others, if you want to be an authist guy then be so, guild wars will probably not be your game, you can indeed do most DE's alone, you can do hearts alone, you can do skill challenges alone, if you WANT you can do partys.

You will get help from other players in the world, you are not REQUIRED to have a party, but you can be helped, if you want to be "that rambo guy", you're being an ass-ura. Stop trolling sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkkitehti View Post
    Wait. Are you saying that you can't play solo because there are other people around? Because I'm pretty sure that's not what Anet is saying. If you'd rather play a single player game, you'd be better off playing a single player game. Just saying.
    They lied! I was trying to solo a heart and someone else walked up and helped me kill something! ANET IS THE DEVIL, YOU CAN'T SOLO GAME. *foam*

Because your attitude is obnoxious, and it immediately turns people against you. Calling ANet liars and making bold and somewhat offensive statements only begets the same.

That's like saying getting to 85 in WoW is the main game. That's soloable, too. Quick, get on to the police that WoW is marketing itself as an MMO! They're clearly LIARS!
    LOL hang on, i point out issues with a company and a game, a game YOU had zero party in creating offends people? and im the one with problems? sorry, im allowed to speak my piece, reporting me proves you simply are unable to tolerate a negative opinion. you want the world all roses and thats not how it is. i wonder how many times you guys have bagged other mmos, WoW especially but cry foul now? im allowed to call out anet on things, ive paid for the damn game in full and as the person who still hasnt received the goods im entitled at the very least to question certain aspects.

NO. When you read the faq a layman knows if they take on most of the content albeit the actual group stuff, they wont have an issue. this is a lie. now that people have played the game including myself, without people, the events simply do NOT scale to a singular person. Blizzard realised years ago, the very thing anet are 'trying' to do. that no matter how much you try to get people to do group play, the average person doesnt want to rely on that aspect. thats why they changed their questing system so you dont have to rely on people. naturally, you will get under skilled players that will still need help with questing anyway, but its a choice. either way, anet said it can be done, the game says you cant unless other people are present.

explain how if a zone is empty you can progress through de's, renown hearts by yourself?

and why do you people assume i want an empty zone? all other mmos have players around all the time, my point is questing when you do it isnt reliant on the other person. which means your progression isnt stunted. its logical. what if gw2 flops so hard barely anyone can fill up the world zones? content has to get nerfed so severly then, well their faq WILL ring true.

yes, of course im the odd one out in a gw2 forum of people who cant see past their own fanboyish ways. im just the troll, im writing all the time 'gw2 sucks har har' no. never done that. despite the effort i go to to point out the issues i feel are a problem, you scream foul and hit the report button.

people like me are the ones anet should listen to. no game is perfect, thinking you're only listening to the people who praise it is the first mistake in product promoting and selling.
    Last edited by InfiniteRetro; 2012-06-15 at 03:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkkitehti View Post
    Do you know the difference between most and all?
    So "most of the content" equals to quests?

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Tachkisis, is that you?
    My thoughts exactly.
    You take time to put together this? I thought...well, nevermind what I thought.
    I actively went out of my way to avoid players just to see if I could (and in area that were 5+ levels higher than myself, too!), and while it wasn't as easy as staying in at-level areas with lots of players, it was doable.
    And who are you to tell us what ArenaNet means? Obviously you don't work for them with the vile you spew, and my experience matches both the expected experience and that explained by the FAQ.

Getting to level 80 isn't the pinnacle, it just means that you've (OMG, shocking!) hit max level. Do you expect to be able to solo dungeons, heroics, raids, and world bosses in WoW and other games? No? Then why would you expect to be able to in GW2?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually DE's do scale down to one player, except for the explicit GROUP events, which require GROUPS of people, you're just being dumb.

Deleted
    God, I don't even know what you're on about any more. You're like some crazy old guy who stands on the corner on the street yelling at people to repent.

I'm gonna duck out of this argument, I think. It's going nowhere, as you obviously can't see facts when they're given to you.

Can solo most of everything that was in the Betas aside from Ascalaon Catacombs. Though I was able to duo that dungeon's story mode at level 30. Some group dynamic events can be easily solo'd as well; blood queen, centaur chief, ice dragon thingy, etc.

GW2's difficulty is greater over stated simply because you die more than in many other MMOs. Think I failed to solo more elite areas in TOR's faction planets than in all of GW2 to be honest.

explain how if a zone is empty you can progress through de's, renown hearts by yourself?
    By doing the DEs and renown hearts, skipping the 1-2 group DEs per 15 solo. I'm getting increasingly confused as to what your argument is, at this point. One post you say that you couldn't solo because there was people nearby that were helping you, the next post you say that you couldn't solo because it was too hard for you. Which is hilarious, because I did not find a single renown heart anywhere near difficult to solo, and rarely were solo DEs difficult.