Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Lightbulb GW2: Database - some interesting findings

not really news, there is a GW2 database online for a while now.

Thought I take a look and search for interesting items; actually I found some which I wanted to share:

1.) Dye Unlock Pack - Legendary. We don't know if this is still in the game, but if it is, this is gigantic. Unlocking all warm colors would pretty much be half of all the dye colors. There is one for cold colors too. And accountwide... seems outdated for me since a developer stated in the forums that dye colors aren't account wide anymore. Still this item could be in the game, perhaps without the account wide characteristic.

2.) Pile of Crystalline Dust. used in the transmogrification of gemstones? Why would anyone transmogrify gemstones? Anyone an idea?

3.) Reinforced Safe Box. Put your items in there which you really don't want to sell, they are safe in here, since those items won't be visible in the sell-tab at vendors and those items won't be moved if you use the sort-button in your bag-tab.

4.) H.o.M. Portal Stone. So the Hall of Monuments is in ruins now... seems logical because it's Jormags territory now. This is how we get there now.

5.) Treasure Map. Wow, seems like a fun idea: creating a treasure hunt event for other players.

6.) Asuran Vendor Portal. Seems like a good contender for a shop item. Selling stuff with a double-click on that item in your bag.

7.) Unicorn Statue. One of the items which can be created with a 10g-recipe from the Mystic Forge vendor. It's used to create legendary weapons.

8.) Mini Battle Deck. So this is how you start the mini-battles. Interesting idea, do you have to put your mini in there? We don't know. So no one can spam you with battle-invites, you have to set it on aggressive. A decent idea, probably used for duels as well?!

9.) Padded Leather Equipment Bag. A nice idea to sort your material, there are other bags with different characteristics too, e.g. a box which stores mainly junk.

10.) Bag of Race Track Winnings. In GW1 we had the Rollerbeetle Race. Seems we get a kind of race again

so let's discuss this

take a look at it yourself! can you find interesting items too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post

3.) Reinforced Safe Box. Put your items in there which you really don't want to sell, they are safe in here, since those items won't be visible in the sell-tab at vendors and those items won't be moved if you use the sort-button in your bag-tab.
    Spotted that one myself a while ago, whilst looking through the DB at bags. I'm liking the idea that it'll take a lot to build these bags, real effort going in to get what I always need most =p

10+ Year Old Account

8.) Mini Battle Deck. So this is how you start the mini-battles. Interesting idea, do you have to put your mini in there? We don't know. So no one can spam you with battle-invites, you have to set it on aggressive. A decent idea, probably used for duels as well?!
    Read this and LOST MY MIND

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Read this and LOST MY FUCKING MIND
    Shouldn't it be "Polymock Deck"? Are they not sticking with the GW1 name? =(
    Then again, Polymock was a bit rough around the edges. Naming it the same thing would probably discourage those who did not like it. There's also the fact that Polymock probably uses a completely different battle system and that polymock didn't use your actual minipets..
    Shut up, leave me alone.

Maybe the game will have a card collecting metagame? Please god, let it be so.

As in like, real cards?
    /facepalm

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Treasure map? :dd

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    cool the interesting thing: it's for the weapon-slot. Looks like fun!

Those dye unlock packs seem interesting, but I don't want to get my hopes up on them being in the game. They're listed as "Junk" items and claim to be account wide. I mean, they could still be in the game and those could be early versions.. but I'd rather not get my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    As in like, real cards?
    /facepalm
    No, I mean in-game cards. It's called a deck, I am assuming we can capture monsters or summon abilities via these decks. Final Fantasy 8, Yu Gi Oh or Radian Arcana style?

This would please me.

HUGE fan of Pokemon/monster catching games. I accept the negativity that comes with this fandom- there is just no greater joy than hunting down a rare kitty to capture in ball or card form.

10+ Year Old Account

No, I mean in-game cards. It's called a deck, I am assuming we can capture monsters or summon abilities via these decks. Final Fantasy 8, Yu Gi Oh or Radian Arcana style?

This would please me.

HUGE fan of Pokemon/monster catching games. I accept the negativity that comes with this fandom- there is just no greater joy than hunting down a rare kitty to capture in ball or card form.
    Sadly, I completely agree on all counts. Well, not HUGE fan, but I always have a desire in the back of my head scratching my brain trying to convince me to pick up a pokemon game again. However, I'm also really hoping that it ends up being an out of game card collecting cash grab so you can drop to your knees in the middle of the road screaming "WHAT HAVE I DONE!"

oh you think the Mini Battle Deck is about a card game? It says "Miniatures" in the description, pretty sure it's about Miniature-battles. But who knows
    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-06-15 at 04:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    That treasure map thingy.... FUN!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    oh you think the Mini Battle Deck is about a card game? It says "Miniatures" in the description, pretty sure it's about Miniature-battles. But who knows
    Don't know. Maybe additional cards will summon minis or give the mini abilities when in aggressive mode. What if you can build a deck for minis like in GW1?

Be right back, need to write all this down for the super secret Pokemon MMORPG I been working on for the last decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    HoM items have a built in transmutation

Last edited by Mif; 2012-06-15 at 05:16 PM.