Increase Gold and Health pick up by 7 yards.

Am I the only one who feels that when they say yards they mean feet? In my MF gear I have a 19 yard pick up range. Based off my observations I am not picking things up from 57 feet away (~19 yards).

Not a big deal just wondering.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

You're forgetting that our chars are giants! We're all atleast like 30 feet tall! thats 10 yards!!!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure there was a post in either the D3 beta forums by a blue, or the StarCraft forums by a blue where they said that Blizzard yards aren't actual yards. They just call their internal unit of measure for spells "yards" for simplicity's sake and it's not supposed to be like a real world yard.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://i.imgur.com/cIAG0.jpg

Distance wise yeah it looks more like feet really but as others have said it's basically just a label on a database value so pointless to try and think about it in RL terms.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

well thats the case in nearly every game for example wow
    e. g. your fireball has a range of 40 yards(english client) then it will have a range of 40 meters(german client)
    40 meters = 43.7445319 yards
    its just a simple localization
    ofc there are games that use the word unit (cs)

Thanks all, that clears things up for me.

It's 19x farther than 1 yard gold pickup.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Am I the only one who feels that when they say yards they mean feet?
    Am I the only one who feels like the whole world should enter the present and start using metrics?

Seriously though, the range seems to be quite short indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Am I the only one who feels like the whole world should enter the present and start using metrics?
    No, Precision FOR THE WIN!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I'm pretty sure there was a post in either the D3 beta forums by a blue, or the StarCraft forums by a blue where they said that Blizzard yards aren't actual yards. They just call their internal unit of measure for spells "yards" for simplicity's sake and it's not supposed to be like a real world yard.
    Yep, yards are actually closer to feet in the game.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Yards are roughly equal to feet in blizz games.

Woohoo posting already said info!
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

either way, having massive health & gold pickup radius is OP, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I'm still trying to figure out why 'melee range' in WoW is 5 yards...even in FEET, that's still slightly silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azaril View Post
    Picking up health globes when you don't need them isn't always exactly the best idea though. When fighting tough elites or an end boss, if you're able to take damage without being oneshot then it would just be a waste to grab all the globes as soon as they drop even if you're at 100%, since they can be picked up and consumed at full health.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I learned to stop thinking yards in real life when playing WoW.... oh the boss is over 30 yards away you say? That's a load of BS! In Blizzard's games, I've learned to simply equate 1 yard = 1 foot.

Deleted

Seriously though, the range seems to be quite short indeed.
    Oh god yes please! Been wondering for years what is up with most of the world using such clunky measurements..

Picking up health globes when you don't need them isn't always exactly the best idea though. When fighting tough elites or an end boss, if you're able to take damage without being oneshot then it would just be a waste to grab all the globes as soon as they drop even if you're at 100%, since they can be picked up and consumed at full health.
    has nothing to do with health globes!

Deleted
    has nothing to do with health globes!
    I'm assuming you were talking about a big gold pickup radius being OP then, such as for gold farming? You said both though:

Fighting bosses and elites has everything to do with health globes. If you're trying to save them for when you actually need them, but your 100 yard pickup range is eating them as soon as they drop, it's not very "OP" in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been very confident in Blizzard's ability to display proper math in their tooltips.

15+ Year Old Account
    For some of the harder difficulties, it's in your best interest to not have any, or have very little pick up radius. Saving health globes for when you've run out of self heal options is one of the best things you can do.