Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

This doesn't make sense

Why are people defending a game that is this buggy and unplayable at release?

At what point did it become ok for companies to sell games still technically in beta stage as finished product and patch it as it goes?

Furthermore, why are people defending this? Why is it now unreasonable to expect a game to be finished product at release? I played the beta of Diablo 3 and I agree, it was a lot of fun. But I won't support Activision-Blizzard anymore. There are other games by indie developers that are just as good (if not better) then D3.

I know this is the trend but name brand loyalty is silly. Why pay more for same or lesser value just because it's from "company A"?

Please stop brainwashing yourselves and demand better quality from your games as consumers. We do not exist to serve companies, they exist to serve us, in case you've forgotten.
    Last edited by Isz; 2012-06-15 at 08:31 PM.

Deleted
    If you're out for war against buggy releases there are hundreds way, way worse than D3, that aren't even online only.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    If you're out for war against buggy releases there are hundreds way, way worse than D3, that aren't even online only.
    agree'd just pick up one of EA's games if you want buggy unfinished games at release.

Games have always been buggy. You just notice more bugs in games now that you are older and have played more games. Your standards are higher. The games themselves are pretty much the same.

if you're against a buggy release, then be against the majority of games these days. These days developers know that they can release a buggy game "on-time" instead of delaying it, and just fix any bugs in a future patch. Honestly, I could care less for D3, but if you think indie-developed games never have buggy releases, then you're just deluding yourself.

Instead of going "I'm against D3 because it was buggy at launch!" you should say "I'm against every game that's buggy at launch!" which would mean the majority of both AAA and indie quality games nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3 wasn't particularly buggy at release. There were server issues, but the game itself (when able to get online) ran very well with very few bugs. The most glaring one I remember was giving the templar a shield before Jondar would cause you to get booted out and locked from the game. This game isn't in beta, and is far better than "beta" quality.

I'll be honest here. No one cares if you don't want to play Diablo 3 and don't wish to support the company in any way. That's your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Between Skyrim, SWTOR (This one was right before christmas), and the most recent blizzard products in comparison to WoW 1.0 and those games before it, I can definitely agree on "Get the game out by <X> day, just have it as ready as possible by then" seeming to be more and more prevalent in game designers' business plans since around 2003-04.

However I wouldn't call the game unplayable.
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

"Why don't people hate the things I hate?"

I have an answer, OP, you won't take it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chireru93 View Post
    These days developers know that they can release a buggy game "on-time" instead of delaying it, and just fix any bugs in a future patch.
    Why is that acceptable to everyone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isz View Post
    For a few reasons:

1 - What are we really going to be able to do about it?
    2 - As games grow more sophisticated and are made to run on larger groups of hardware manufacturers, it's harder to ensure they're bug-free (really, it's impossible to ever clear all bugs). Older games were just so simple it was difficult to create a bug in them. Even so I can think of dozens of games that had famous glitches, even games like Pac-Man. Would you demand we all stop ever playing Pac-Man again because it does have a bug?
    3 - Not everyone places as much importance on a lack of bugs as you do, I suppose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isz View Post
    Who says it is? But the option is to not play at all, and that's just silly.

Dude, how did you survive the war you must have been in against Skyrim?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CoLLaTeRaLz View Post
    agree'd just pick up one of EA's games if you want buggy unfinished games at release.
    Are you implying a dislike for EA? Whats wrong with EA?

Do you see what I'm saying? Why would you buy a Blizzard game over an EA game? How obviously bad does a company have to be before they lose loyalty of consumers? Or is the general public so jaded and dumbed down now that they can't realize or care about bad products?

10+ Year Old Account
    Buggy and unplayable? Diablo 3 is a little rough on the edges, but don't be ridiculous. If you want to see a game that is buggy and unplayable, get Heroes of Might and Magic 5 without any updates, to see how that was at the release. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples too, but Diablo 3 is far from buggy.
    Last edited by Santti; 2012-06-15 at 08:45 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt like diablo 3, for various reasons, however I found it one of the most smoothly running games at launch ive played, so disagree

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Buggy and unplayable? Diablo 3 is a little rough on the edges, but don't ridiculous. If you want to see a game that is buggy and unplayable, get Heroes of Might and Magic 5 without any updates, to see how that was at the release. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples too, but Diablo 3 is far from buggy.
    Anyone remember that awful Pool of Radiance, Ruins of Myth Drannor? My god...I can't believe I actually wasted on time on that heap of garbage. THAT was an unplayable game. Or the infamous bug in Shivering Isles where you'd run out of object space eventually, ruining all save games no matter what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rage on release was another shitty one... still is buggy.. D3 was fine though, other than gaining a connection but when you open the floodgates to millions at once... you cant fight that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Dude, how did you survive the war you must have been in against Skyrim?
    Cracked me up
    My gods the game had so many glaring bugs, some even gamestopping (Esbern anyone?).

Please name a game which was not buggy on release, almost all of the client hotfixes have been balance or exploit fixes, i don't class those as bugs.

There only problem has been load issues on servers, how many online games have millions of people on day 1?

The problem was, there was no true open beta for this game, and the supposed 'open beta' they did have really didn't accomplish much of anything. An what bugs and server issues they did find could not be dealt with due to release being so close to it. Anyways, I just want the choppiness and rubber-banding to end.

Well back to trying to figure out why i died when the mob was a mile away from me with his back to me while trying to kill my Templar..

---------- Post added 2012-06-15 at 08:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    Please name a game which was not buggy on release, almost all of the client hotfixes have been balance or exploit fixes, i don't class those as bugs.

There only problem has been load issues on servers, how many online games have millions of people on day 1?
    Super Mario World..... Snes...

as for server issues they are still hanging around..
    Last edited by darklogrus; 2012-06-15 at 08:49 PM.