Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I've been reading a lot of forums, and the general consensus is that the player base is insanely unhappy with the current product. Blizzard is working on a patch in the meantime to fix these issues. Said patch cannot come soon enough...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kinda amusing how any other title released by any other company
    would have got bashed so hard for as unfinished and buggy release as Diablo 3.

I mean D3 launched with huge login issues, AH issues, latency issues and
    they didn't even have the PvP part of the game in the release and it's still
    work in progress a month after the release.

I guess Blizzard got pressured pretty hard by Activision and the stock holders to
    release the game ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post

I guess Blizzard got pressured pretty hard by Activision and the stock holders to
    release the game ASAP.
    Really? I was online when I got up the next morning and did three hours without any issues. My buddy was online 1 hour after launch and stayed on more or less all night until I got up and told him to go to bed.

Here are some ways you measure the impact of a bug: How bad is the bug (can't login that's a Showstopper), How severe is the bug (the user can't log in, Showstopper), How many people does it impact (1%?, 5%? 10%?) at under 5% it becomes a High. I am sorry that some of you could not log in and had to wait 2 hours, or 6 hours; and I am sorry that some (less then 1%) still have rubber banding issues, but that little people impacted...

People have lost their sense of perspective. When I talk about a buggy game, I usually talk in relative terms. Skyrym was buggy (compared to the average). If you want really buggy, go try Swords of the Stars 2. That thing required patches daily for three to four weeks to get running. That's just to get it RUNNING!

Perspective. Skyrim was buggier then most, but I wouldn't consider it a bugged out program. I played 180 hours and only noticed minor issues. 181 I noticed I couldn't complete a quest and that annoyed the crap out of me, but to say it ruined the game for me is being stupid. I loved the game, and I will keep playing it, except I will have that unfinished quest in my log. Does it matter, no. Does it annoy me a little, yes.

D3's release was better then SWTOR, and that was better then Skyrim's. It's all relative. I can easily say, my threshold is quite high because I work as in Software and can understand the complexity of these undertakings.
    Last edited by Rakoth; 2012-06-15 at 11:10 PM.

I haven't had any true bugs or issues with Diablo 3 yet, personally.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    [...]
    People have lost their sense of perspective. When I talk about a buggy game, I usually talk in relative terms. Skyrym was buggy (compared to the average). If you want really buggy, go try Swords of the Stars 2. That thing required patches daily for three to four weeks to get running. That's just to get it RUNNING![...]
    Very true. SotS2 has been ingrained into my memory as the most buggy game ever, I mean it did not even run at all, not even for the developers themselves

Diablo 3 is still fairly polished compared to a lot of games I have bought. It is also impossible to have a bug-free release anyway, bug-free software does not exist. The more complex the system the more issues will crop up, sometimes one fix cancels another one out or bugs another and in addition regression-testing complex software can also be quite...interesting. The game has bugs and issues but you don't have to fight showstoppers like the people who bought Civ 5 had to at release which by the way was also a very poorly polished game with a mountain of issues - I am surprised they fixed the vast majority of them (still got 2 years old bugs in it).
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post

release the game ASAP.
    Except Diablo3 was playable from the start, if you had login issues because 6 million other players were trying to get in at the same time then you tried again, you could easily get in within minutes by hammering your login.

AH issues yes, but that's not a bug it's Blizzard taking it down to fix stuff with it, hardly game-breaking.

Latency? I played pretty much 24 hours straight from when the servers opened and I NEVER had a ping above 200 even to this date. A few cases of rubberbanding sure, but lag? No.

And as for PVP, it sucked in D1 as well as in D2 and it will probably suck in D3, I'll do just fine if it's never implemented at all. Diablo is not a PVP game.

Personally I'd say D3 (and well, any Blizzard title) is the most polished at release in a long time and I haven't experienced a single bug in over 270 hours played.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I haven't had any true bugs or issues with Diablo 3 yet, personally.

Me neither, it is working just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main problem with D3 is the crappy AH where 99% of your gear is supposed to come from. The bugs are annoying, but it has such a bad design.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2012-06-16 at 12:34 AM.