Deleted

help me fix my tank

I`m new to tanking , just a couple of months . i love my pally and seem to be doing a good job so far . just started to raid ds10 .

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ieloo/advanced

dont mind the talents and enchants pls .

theres a couple of things about stats i don`t get .
    why should dodge be about the same as parry ?
    why do you reforge an avoidance stat (dodge/parry) to mastery . isn`t no damage better than a block ?
    any advice on stats/ reforge/gems would be apreciated ! ty

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't actually need to comment on spec as it's fine, it's not the optimal but it's more than fine. Enchants also are fine (assuming you get the right glove one) but the chest one is bad.

Dodge should be about 200 dodge rating higher than parry. You want them like this rather than one far higher than the other means it suffers from diminishing returns and you get less bang for your buck. Dodge is slightly higher than parry because parry will increase slightly with raid buffs whereas dodge will not.

No damage is better than block yes but if you are not CTC you will take a full hit meaning that it undoes all the work that is done by parrying rather than blocking. You reforge the highest stat into mastery until you are CTC, using Fractured Amberjewels in yellow sockets, Fine Ember Topaz in red sockets and Puissant Dream Emeralds in blue sockets.

I'm not going to sit here and go through every piece of gear telling you what to reforge, but reforge the highest stat into mastery along with those gemming rules + correct enchants until raid buffed you are CTC. Balance dodge and parry but have dodge 200 rating higher than parry.

Level those professions and use the correct meta gem, the Eternal Shadowspirit Diamond.

There is a protection paladin guide on this forum, check that out for anything else (of which there is a fair bit).
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    ok so i need to reforge my parry into mastery untill its about same as dodge , or +200 more dodge. and hitting ctc cap is a must. i`ll improve enchants as soon as i get cash
    read the guide above, just needed some clarifing . tyvm

10+ Year Old Account
    If you end up with any more questions that aren't answered on the prot paladin thread or by someone else then feel free to contact me again, but I won't reply until at the earliest, Friday 22nd, because that's the date of my final A level exam and I return to wow in the afternoon as we're not going out that night and I'll reinstall the game having not played for... 3 months ish I think.

Most likely won't get a chance to reply until the saturday though as I'll need to reinstall the game, curse client, remember addons, remember wow password, log on, become inundated with "AMG UR BACK XOXOXOX" messages, fix my UI and then get dragged into raiding as I've been informed I'm possibly being taken >.>
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.