Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Got flashbacks of long forgotten wars before my eyes when listening to Humans and Orcs. Nooooooooooo

For those wondering where the ability Railgun gets its name-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdI6Firnz1k

Why hasn't she been fired yet, i thought they would have learned by her previous shockingly bad interviews. Pico is just irritating,annoying and down right boring, got a few seconds into the video and turned it off. If your going to employ someone lacking any skills whatsoever you could atleast use someone who will keep the boys distracted enough with looks to keep them watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levix View Post
    Why hasn't she been fired yet, i thought they would have learned by her previous shockingly bad interviews. Pico is just irritating,annoying and down right boring, got a few seconds into the video and turned it off. If your going to employ someone lacking any skills whatsoever you could atleast use someone who will keep the boys distracted enough with looks to keep them watching.
    I'd hit it.

---------- Post added 2012-06-16 at 09:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aratra View Post
    For those wondering where the ability Railgun gets its name-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdI6Firnz1k
    It can't be just based off of a.. railgun?
    "The Tol'vir people must be really shy considering they don't ever speak to us.." -Zneebor LOL

I have no interest in pet battles but that music is awesome imo. Also that instance looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratra View Post
    I think I'll go with the reference coming from an actual railgun over an obscure anime reference.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Re:Siege of Niuzao Temple, Pet Battle Music & Skills, Blue Posts, Blizzard Games News

Poor Pico and the derpy video thumbnails...
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone think the "Orc" music sounds like something out of FFVI? Or FF music in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pythagoreant View Post
    Anyone think the "Orc" music sounds like something out of FFVI? Or FF music in general.
    Not me. I think Warcraft II because it's exactly where it's from. :P

Also chaud, you've got the links to the pet abilities wrong. Tooltips weren't loading, I clicked on a random link, and it took me to a non-existent page on MMO-Champion when it should have pointed to WoWDB.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

I don't remember seeing this stupid lady before curse bought MMO, now they HAVE to put her dumb videos up on front page. Sell out more MMO-champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythagoreant View Post
    No, because I hold higher regard for the SNES title as well as most every other of that era.

All the pet battles shows is how utterly horrible Blizzard is at making music. They're trying to emulate the style used in Pokeman and other Japanese games, but can't write a melody or counterpoint to save their life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viertel View Post
    No, because I hold higher regard for the SNES title as well as most every other of that era.

All the pet battles shows is how utterly horrible Blizzard is at making music. They're trying to emulate the style used in Pokeman and other Japanese games, but can't write a melody or counterpoint to save their life.
    Blizzard? Bad at making music? Word of Warcraft has some of the best video game music out there, bar none. The Northrend transport theme? Storm Peaks? Ulduar? Grizzly Hills? Karazhan? Arthas, my son? Easily some of the most beautiful, and, importantly, fitting, pieces of video game music out there. As for the pet battle music, they seem to have accomplished exactly what style they were shooting for, which is that of the "1990's RPG game."
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-06-17 at 05:36 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account

Considering that the music, note for note, came from "Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness," Blizzard can't emulate something that hadn't existed yet. Warcraft II was released 12/09/95, while Pokemon first came out 02/27/96.

---------- Post added 2012-06-16 at 10:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    . As for the pet battle music, they seem to have accomplished exactly what style they were shooting for, which is that of the "1990's RPG game."
    Easy to do when the music was originally composed in MIDI format in the '90's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Deleted

I think we just found Negative Nate! From technical point of view the counterpoint and melody in Warcraft music is quite good

Pico only wishes her melons were that big. I'd hit it either way, a true breast lover loves A through F, as a good teacher loves all his or her students, whether they get As or Fs.

Not to sound like too much of a white knight or anything, but;
    For all those badmouthing Pico, I think you're a little out of touch. A lot of people don't really care what style or such a video is done in, who it is that's doing them, or otherwise, but more care if they can personify with the person transmitting that information, when it comes to hosts for these types of things anyhow. That's why people like The MMO Report. He isn't some hunky guy, he's a genuine geek but with charisma and a sense of humour, something a lot of gamers wish to be/friends with. Pico probably represents the same thing for females while still being attractive to a large chunk of the male audience.

I think she's fine and does a great job. Sure she isn't a trained media guru, her voice isn't exactly the most clear, but I understand her fine. That said, everyone starts somewhere. Half of idols/celebs out there were fucking horrible when they started but were trained and got experience in small time stuff they most likely enjoyed before they were offered any big TV/Movie deals (not that i'm suggesting that's what Pico is aiming for or is suited for).

Anyway, these reports are mainly for the people who don't sit on the internet all day competing over bullshit and complaining about every last little thing, because they, and you, likely already knew all the information that she talked about. But instead of doing something else with your time, you come on here and decide to slander someone for fuck all reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Pico's still shots. I look forward to them so much, sometimes I wonder if someone is posting the awkward shots on purpose.

Finally for some pet fights. How long would this trend lasts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lovin' the pet battle music :3

People act like changing Pico out with someone else means there won't be equal amounts of bitching with the next person, on top of half the crowd being pissed off Pico isn't around anymore. There is no winning here with this audience.

Heroic Difficulty - Siege of Niuzao Temple is only available on Heroic Difficulty.
    Wait, am I reading this right? There's an entire 3 boss raid only in heroic mode? That'd be awesome. For me, as a heroic raider. But if 4 of the 14 bosses Blizz promised are heroic only, there'd be some (fairly legitimate) QQ.

Edit: Oh, I'm an idiot, it's a heroic DUNGEON.