Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Auction House dirty tactics

So what if an auction player with another account rolled a rogue on the other faction and was ganking competitors in blah, killing them, wasting their time, would it be considered legit by blizzard?
    Last edited by mmoc4d6ae87215; 2012-06-16 at 06:56 PM.

Blizzard would ban him for harassing IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Harassment, as it was said already. Also, immensely stupid. You aim to "waste their time" but you are wasting more of your time...

It's just an incredibly stupid idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    but you are wasting more of your time...
    nop. two accounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    nop. two accounts.
    Oh yeah. And rogues are level 85 premades on live servers, too .. right ..

I don't see a problem with the idea, at least I don't see one if we ignore the fact that this has to be the most stupid idea of wow history.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayeri View Post
    this has to be the most stupid idea of wow history.
    Really?

How about we make you President of WoW. Is it more intelligent?

please do this.. there are 2-3 different auction houses in every major city... plus the neutral ones. Tell me how that all works out for you.
    I grew up in the era where you had to go to channel 3 to play video games.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they have been in the city for more than 5mins they won't be toggled PVP unless they always have it on, plus one rogue agaisnt a AH full of players may not have too much success.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    PvP solution to the problem.
    The "ethical" issue with that ("gaming ethics") is that the player does not have one account. He uses several hence he has an advantage - by design and de facto - over the attacked player, individually.

So, if you take player 1 being attacked by player 2 with 2 or more accounts then player 1 is not playing on a fair game.

It's "fair" only in a .."capitalist" approach. "I pay more hence I get more rights". Though, this is obviously contested, not universal and controversial because the norm on sports and games in general is to have a fair ground.

I mean, nobody enters a football field and says "I paid more hence I demand more loose rules for me".

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand this thread. Seriously.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

So, to improve your chances of selling items, you want to make a whole new account. Level a rogue of the opposite faction up to 85, go alone into the enemy city AH and "kill" the competition?

What about...
    Players not having pvp enabled in cities?
    1 vs many many more
    You spend more time corpse running
    There's way more than 1 AH open
    And if you do kill one of the auction guys (Can they be killed?) Won't they respawn rather fast anyway.

Deleted
    You aren't flagged in cities.

It's also considered harrasment.

Pretty sure if a player was camping you and continually killing you to eliminate their AH competition Blizz wouldn't say "hire a bodyguard" lol

If you play on pvp server you agree to pvp everywhere and at any time, no harrasment here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justys View Post
    If you play on pvp server you agree to pvp everywhere and at any time, no harrasment here.
    Faction cities aren't flagged. You only have pvp on if you came from a pvp zone, for 5 minutes. So this idea doesn't really work.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    The "ethical" issue with that ("gaming ethics") is that the player does not have one account. He uses several hence he has an advantage - by design and de facto - over the attacked player, individually.

So, if you take player 1 being attacked by player 2 with 2 or more accounts then player 1 is not playing on a fair game.

It's "fair" only in a .."capitalist" approach. "I pay more hence I get more rights". Though, this is obviously contested, not universal and controversial because the norm on sports and games in general is to have a fair ground.

I mean, nobody enters a football field and says "I paid more hence I demand more loose rules for me".
    First, Blizzard has said in many threads that multi-boxing is legal, hence your argument that two accounts vs one account is wrong.
    Second, it is clear you have no clue how Capitalism works when you write something like "I pay more hence I get more rights"

Love to hear you explain that one.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

This would only work in theory. There are too many ways to combat 1 rogue that wants to be a pain in the ass. Now if you have a powerful guild willing to pwn the BMAH... than that's another story.

It doesn't really matter if it's ethical. It just wouldn't work. You aren't flagged for pvp when sitting in a capitol city.

Deleted
    waste of time. he would have to log his character when he knew the other person was online. Use another ah, use another toon or get someone else to list or buy. It would only be harassment if it amounted to their definition of harassment. Easier to aboid than wasting time on a ticket. Uf they were following you areound and conducting a campaign, then they might consider it, but really its easy enough to avoid.

Also why on earth would anyone waste theur time trying to stop someone using the neutral ah?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    BMAH
    Of course in that case if friends on different accounts gank, it's perfectly "gaming ethical".

By the way, I don't answer to some scribblings in here by others because they don't deserve my time. Learn to read and realize I don't talk about doing it myself. If you could read beyond the first sentence you'd see I'm not even pro-multiboxing.

Also, the fact blizzard allows multiboxing is completely irrelevant to the standing of my belief it's "gaming unethical".

It's like a team in a common sport was allowed to bring more than the players the other team had.

---------- Post added 2012-06-16 at 09:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    waste of time. he would have to log his character when he knew the other person was online.
    2 accounts.
    Last edited by mmoc4d6ae87215; 2012-06-16 at 07:01 PM.