Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    This thread seems unclear to me. Are you talking about the Black Market AH or the normal AH? For black market ah it has already been said that it is considered a shady place and you can be ganked.

For regular ah one toon is rarely going to be very successful at this. A bank toon in its home cities doesn't have to flag pvp even on a pvp server is my understanding. So engaging them could be tricky.

So I am going with the idea that you are talking about Black Market.

in which case this quote applies:

It’s also worth noting that the Black Market Auction House has the potential to become a world PvP location for those on PvP realms. Just like the name implies, these are goods being sold out in shady locations away from the prying eyes of guards in the cities. They are not in neutral or safe zones. For PvE realms, it’s not going to have that same risk for placing a bid as on a PvP realm (aside from being outbid).
    Found here in full:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/617...daria-6_5_2012
    Last edited by darqhur; 2012-06-16 at 08:05 PM. Reason: quote tags are my friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Geez... I guess I should have read further into this thread before I posted. So your idea of ganking AH players was a front to bash on multiboxers. Well, I feel sheepish. Why didn't you just come out and pose the real intent of your thread in the first place, Fateswarm?

To me, Multiboxing isn't that big of a deal, mainly because I believe that anyone of us has the option to do it. Some of us choose to use that option, and others don't. Which is why, in my opinion, Blizzard doesn't have a problem with it.

People will say that they don't have the means to multibox so it creates an unfair situation for them. While on the surface that is true... At it's core, the statement is false. If you are willing to spend the money to do it, you can have the same advantage as the Multiboxers. You can make that a driving goal and do everything in your power to obtain it. Change Jobs, Sell off your possessions and what not... that way you can even the playing field. In my mind, it's silly to do such a thing, but that doesn't change the fact that I could make it a reality if I wanted to.

Because this isn't the first thread they have created complaining about multi boxers..
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

They put the BMAH in a pvp area for a reason. They even said it in a blue post not even a week ago. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT, kill or be killed

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd waste all of your time trying to cut down your competitor, which may or may not be flagged in the city they're in. Plus, if they're doing their AH-ing on their main instead of a bank alt (why would a bank alt be flagged anyway? *shrug*), you'd have to put the effort in gearing up the rogue to be able to take the competitor.

This idea is pretty silly.

Deleted
    Any player worth his grain of salt at auctioning uses a bank alt, anyway

To those who keep talking about the BMAH, this is not about the BMAH.... so stop talking about it. And a few months (maybe even years ago) there was a blog post saying that they do not mind multiboxing as long as it is not exploiting. There is also nothing wrong with what they are doing, they could easily just get a friend on the other faction to do it from their own account. You just seem to be bashing multiboxing because you seem to think it is unfair for them to be able to afford more than 1 account when you only have one.

Asus Prime x299 | Intel i7-7800x | Corsair H110i cpu watercooler | MSI Sea Hawk gtx 1080 | 16gb DDR4 3000hz GSkill RGB | Samsung 960 evo 250gb M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair AX760 | Corsair Crystal series 570x case | Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit | Acer 23 inch monitor 1920x1080 + LG 23inch 1920x1080 + Asus 144hz 1920x1080|

Deleted
    Can anyone including the OP verify what this thread was about?

It started off complainining about being ganked at the neutral ah. Unless it amounted to harassment and a total breakdown, then I cannot for the earth of me see why this is not a problem easily avoided. Just post somewhere else and at different times. I do not see how this could ever be a problem if the person just used some common sense. Although this was presented as the problem it seemed to then change into soemthing else.

Multiboxing is unfair. If some dude is gonna pay 2,3,4,5 subscriptions for this crappy game then more fool them. They dont get 2x3x4x more fun.
    An advantage in the AH? Not really one account is quite enough to make sufficient money. A faster pc would help you just as much as having 2x accounts. If I had 4x characters listing, then you seem to forget they only have one brain controlling them. More accounts might offer an advantage but no more than grouping with other players and working as a team.

In summary

The thread and argument is retarded.
    The ganking at the neutral ah was retarded and easy to avoid if it even happened.
    The advantage of having multiple accounts multiboxed where ah is concerned is minimal plus dull.

Oh and ill just add if thats the dirtiest tactics someone is gonna come up with then they lack imagination. Lots of people have enough money to destroy or overwhelm an ah for a few months at least.
    Last edited by mmoc0afa280d34; 2012-06-16 at 10:01 PM.

Somehow this turned into a thread about multiboxing it seems. Tbh as a rogue I love messing with multiboxers. Sap them and mess them all up, it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by microtonal View Post
    Your problem isn't that you're being treated unfairly. It's that your definition of the word "unfair" is faulty.
    This. I'm tired of this modern notion of "fairness" that really just means "no one else should be able to succeed any more than I can".

OP, fairness is not shackling other people's abilities to keep them at your level. What's fair is you doing the best you can, and accepting that your competition might have the resources or will to surpass you.