So as it stands, here are the teams:

Stealth:
    Charles Huntson - Leader
    Elizabeth Gore
    Cecilia Cross

Conventional:
    Richard Feildwright - Leader
    Asenya Straightarrow
    Some arrogant night elf human death knight (Omertocracy's unnamed (as of right now) character)
    Larthian Dawnbreaker

Sorry Shadow, but I'd prefer if the teams were not balanced that the stealth team had the fewest members... it's hard to be stealthy with a large group. Plus I noticed that your druid can go bear form, or you can do cat form and attack... with a fire red mane and gold fur, his cat form isn't exactly inconspicuous, so it might be best.

I should be starting the thread around 5:35 pm Eastern Standard Time tomorrow. I'll have just started shift, and it gives me some time to make sure everything's in order before jumping onto the forums (and IRC). If anyone is reading this and still wants to join, the list above is fairly malleable, so please do not hesitate to show your interest!

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Sorry Shadow, but I'd prefer if the teams were not balanced that the stealth team had the fewest members... it's hard to be stealthy with a large group. Plus I noticed that your druid can go bear form, or you can do cat form and attack... with a fire red mane and gold fur, his cat form isn't exactly inconspicuous, so it might be best.
    No biggie, that's the beauty (and worst part) of being a druid; Fulfilling all roles!

So should I spec resto, feral tank/cat, or just attack in phoenix form for extra points?

Oh god, phoenix form. That's a bit of a stretch, innit, considering that they're elementals? :P

As for what you should do, why ask me? Your character should be the one asking that question to his teammates.

Oh god, phoenix form. That's a bit of a stretch, innit, considering that they're elementals? :P

As for what you should do, why ask me? Your character should be the one asking that question to his teammates.
    Bah, nothing says Quel'dorei/Sin'dorei Flight form quite like a phoenix :P

Fine then, I'll just go Vanilla-style and spec everything! If I can't be optimal in one thing, I'll just be sub-optimal in everything!

Since we've gotten a bit off-topic, I say this'll be grrrrrrrreat!

Deleted
    I am still interested to join but thats up to you of course i will come with my rogue valine dawnreaver, can join both groups with this char so choice up to you

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha, I just realized the entire stealth team is made up of Gilnean worgen. This group is gonna be pretty interesting to RP my self-loathing worgen in. xD
    The Light does not abandon its champions...

~My RP Characters~

10+ Year Old Account
    Apologies for not posting something earlier, woke up Sunday with the computer on Blue Screen of Death. Just got it fixed. Fleshing out a bio right now.

Edit: Looks like it will be an Arrogant Human Death Knight instead of a Night Elf one, because that one is making a better history.

Edit the 2nd: Some sort of bio is up finally. Unfortunately (for any past groups) it's the best I have ever made.
    Last edited by Omertocracy; 2012-06-19 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istella View Post
    Ha, I just realized the entire stealth team is made up of Gilnean worgen. This group is gonna be pretty interesting to RP my self-loathing worgen in. xD
    well mine conciders herself human, but yeah.. guess worgens are just better than everyone for being rogues

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that the playable worgens are only considered a separate race for game play reasons (to keep the ally/horde ratio the same.) Contracting a curse from a bite doesn't change the race you were born as. Although, I guess you might get into some debate with the ones that have gone totally, mindlessly feral and couldn't revert if they wanted to. But generally, when I say 'worgen' I mean 'human who is afflicted with the worgen curse,' just because it is shorter to type out. ^_^

~My RP Characters~

That's basically my viewpoint on it as well, considering Charles likes staying in human form for the most part.

Though, I do remember reading some speculation that would put Gilneans a bit further away than human, namely an increased life span due to the curse. I never really looked into it, but it was an interesting little bit o' information.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard that too, I think that is how they explained Genn still being an able, active warrior despite being 80ish.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Life_spans

~My RP Characters~

Life spans are overrated :P

Elves for the win!

THat really is interesting though, I didn't know Worgen lived longer, I just thought Genn was really badass O.o

10+ Year Old Account

(Should I break it to Shadow that elves have lifespans too? >.>)

Anyway!
    The worgen/race thing is actually a pretty interesting topic to discuss. I mean, not all Gilneans are worgens and not all worgens are Gilnean (or even human) so it's pretty hard to lump them together. And, at this point at least, we don't even know if the curse would be passed on to their children if they were to breed. Or, technically, if they even can breed. For males I don't think it would be an issue, but I have a hard time believing that a baby could survive in the womb if the mother were to shift while pregnant. I imagine their internal organs get just as warped and twisted around as the outside of their bodies do during the transformation. And if the mother does manage to bring the child to term by not shifting at all for the duration of the pregnancy, would the form she was in during conception and while carrying him/her influence the outcome of the child's "race"?

Wow. I am such a total geek for putting that much thought into all of that.

~My RP Characters~

Yous nasty, Istella :P

And I don't doubt a fetus would survive the shape-shifting. If we can have a one half human quarter draenei quarter orcish Guardian running around, it's probable that the fetus'd be just fine.

I feel icky for saying that. Dangit Med'an.

(Should I break it to Shadow that elves have lifespans too? >.>)

Anyway!
    The worgen/race thing is actually a pretty interesting topic to discuss. I mean, not all Gilneans are worgens and not all worgens are Gilnean (or even human) so it's pretty hard to lump them together. And, at this point at least, we don't even know if the curse would be passed on to their children if they were to breed. Or, technically, if they even can breed. For males I don't think it would be an issue, but I have a hard time believing that a baby could survive in the womb if the mother were to shift while pregnant. I imagine their internal organs get just as warped and twisted around as the outside of their bodies do during the transformation. And if the mother does manage to bring the child to term by not shifting at all for the duration of the pregnancy, would the form she was in during conception and while carrying him/her influence the outcome of the child's "race"?

Wow. I am such a total geek for putting that much thought into all of that.
    I know we do. we just live far longer than you filthy humans :P

And...

Yous nasty, Istella :P

And I don't doubt a fetus would survive the shape-shifting. If we can have a one half human quarter draenei quarter orcish Guardian running around, it's probable that the fetus'd be just fine.

I feel icky for saying that. Dangit Med'an.
    The obvious answer is a wizard did it. God, don't you guys know basic fantasy rules?

Seriously though, I really doubt the fetus would be harmed. Though you do pose an interesting question Istella.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    The obvious answer is a wizard did it. God, don't you guys know basic fantasy rules?
    Of course he did it, that's how we're stuck with the guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't be a such a big baby Mad, it's simple biology.

And I'm not talking about how ridiculously unlikely Med'ans genetic make-up is. Depending on how far along the baby is, it is possible for the umbilical cord to become detached from the lining of the womb if it is jostled too roughly.

~My RP Characters~

Don't be a such a big baby Mad, it's simple biology.

And I'm not talking about how ridiculously unlikely Med'ans genetic make-up is. Depending on how far along the baby is, it is possible for the umbilical cord to become detached from the lining of the womb if it is jostled too roughly.
    It's called making fun of someone, Istella. I'm pretty sure you are quite familiar with the concept :P

Nah, see, I bring up Med'an because if that freak of nature can exist in Warcraft, then it's quite possible that the reproductive organs of Worgen do not shift that much during transformation and that the fetus would not be harmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, see, I bring up Med'an because if that freak of nature can exist in Warcraft, then it's quite possible that the reproductive organs of Worgen do not shift that much during transformation and that the fetus would not be harmed.
    Lol, the two don't really have anything in common though, except that they are both extremely unlikely. Med'an's existence doesn't disprove my theory.

The closest you can come is by comparing it to female druids shape shifting while pregnant. And since NE druids were originally exclusively male and tuaren only rediscovered druidism relatively recently, I doubt that this issue has come up much yet. You could even argue that it is possible that this may have been part of the reasoning behind the 'no girls allowed' rule for druidism in the first place. What do you think would happen to a nine month old baby if the mother shrank down to the size of a stormcrow? Granted, they are magic birds and all and can lift incredible weights, but they aren't that big- you can't simply make the baby's mass disappear.

Unless of course you handwave the whole thing with 'magic,' which seems like the only explanation.

---------- Post added 2012-06-19 at 12:32 PM ----------

Oh, and I gleefully take full responsibility for derailing your thread! ^_^
    Last edited by Istella; 2012-06-19 at 05:38 PM.

~My RP Characters~

I'm simply playing devil's advocate here, it's fun to debate things.

The point of bringing up Med'an really is that those things are unlikely, but possible. I'm arguing from the stance of "We don't know how the process of transformation affects the body". We aren't sure if it's a total change of both internal organs or mainly just the muscular and skeletal systems, or even which internal organs change. The fetus might even change along with the mother (not in the sense of transforming into a storm crow or what have you), allowing it to adapt and stay connected to its mother. Granted that's really unlikely, but magic is a bit of a wild card, and again, we aren't sure of how transformation affects it. There's less evidence, definitely, and I'm more inclined to agree with your side, but again, devil's advocate. Debate is fun. Except when name calling ensues.