Poll: Is it time to remove the requirements of being in a raid group?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is it time to remove the requirements of being in a raid group?

With more and more people solo farming raids for gear/gold and the like do you think it is still necessary to require forming a raid group with another person to enter? Should they allow solo players to make their own raid groups, allow parties to join raids, or do you think it still has its purpose and is fine as it is?

Yes you should be able to enter a raid solo but it doesn't really matter. I just /who org and spam inv everyone until some one accepts and I make it a raid group and run in real fast.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    I know there was a reason this needed to stay in place but it's early and I can't think of it right now...

As far as I can think right now it just serves as a fail safe to ignorant lowbie wanderers who wonder whats in the big swirly vortex...

But I think it would be funnier for them to just get roflstomped. Live and learn and all that.

Ngh maybe someone below will come up with the reason, it's on the edge of my brain.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Yes you should be able to enter a raid solo but it doesn't really matter. I just /who org and spam inv everyone until some one accepts and I make it a raid group and run in real fast.
    Or you could not be an annoyance to others, and just kindly whisper someone first.
    Though I understand how your friend-list is, apparently, empty

Just make a trial account on your bnet and make a lvl 1 toon and use this command:

/run SetAllowLowLevelRaid(true)

voila, you can now create a raid group with a lvl 1 toon. And trial accounts never expire.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I do the other /who 10-60 and then inv them all :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Just make a trial account on your bnet and make a lvl 1 toon and use this command:

/run SetAllowLowLevelRaid(true)

voila, you can now create a raid group with a lvl 1 toon. And trial accounts never expire.

Wauw.. did not know that nice, and ty

Nope, now is not the time to remove it. The right time to remove would have been the launch of WotLK, when people started soloing vanilla content. >.< I honestly don't see why they didn't implent this already. :/ Having to ask someone for a raid to enter kara and ask them again 10 minutes later for MC, then asking them again 3àish minutes later for TK... I just use the trial account thing though. But just removing the requirement would be easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    and ask them again 10 minutes later for MC, then asking them again 3àish minutes later for TK...
    You don't need to be in a raidgroup to enter Molten Core.
    Just saying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    ask them again 10 minutes later for MC
    I dont know why people still do this when you can enter MC without being in a raid or party at all....

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Or you could not be an annoyance to others, and just kindly whisper someone first.
    Though I understand how your friend-list is, apparently, empty
    Taking personal shots for no reason? Okay.

I play at weird hours and more often than not none of my friends are online. If people are sitting AFK in org am I really hurting them anyway?
    Hi Sephurik

Yeah, I don't why they placed the requirement in the first place anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see it removed. such a hassle finding people to join my group lol.

Deleted
    I just made an additional starter edition account and leveled a character to 10. I'd still love to see it removed, then I don't have to open up the game twice in order to get into the raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    I do the other /who 10-60 and then inv them all :P
    What this guy said, works just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just ask someone in my guild nicely to get in a group with me for a sec
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is time to remove it. Yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    I dont know why people still do this when you can enter MC without being in a raid or party at all....
    I could swear you had to before, but I guess that was when the attunement was still live. Might have happened something when they removed that, because it is suppose to have a requirement I believe. I haven't tried entering solo ever, I think. I tend to just go if somebody asks me to tag along.

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    Yes, it is time to remove it. Yesterday.

I could swear you had to before, but I guess that was when the attunement was still live. Might have happened something when they removed that, because it is suppose to have a requirement I believe. I haven't tried entering solo ever, I think. I tend to just go if somebody asks me to tag along.
    Right after Rend you run in through UBRS...

But yes they need to get rid of this requirement. It was said they had it back in the day to stop people from stealthing in and trying to farm things solo. Even if it was made so that "current" xpac raids required more then one player to enter I would be fine with that. There is zero reason for people to have to find another just to get into SSC and the such. Normally I'll just invite my gleader though because I'm helping the gbank by running these things anyways
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    Right after Rend you run in through UBRS...
    I knew you could enter MC through BRD, but UBRS?

You sure you are not thinking of Blackwing Lair, and not MC?
    Last edited by Duridi; 2012-06-17 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    I knew you could enter MC through BRD, but UBRS?

You sure you are not thinking of Blackwing Lair, and not MC?
    Think he confused MC and BL.