Poll: do you prefer solo or group play?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

do u prefer solo or group play?

i'm solo all the way.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Group.....If you are a ranged even better because you can have tanks ^^.

Ye mostly solo but thats becaus i am an altaholic :P

Deleted
    Solo only for the first normal playthrough, do things at my own pace, see all I can.
    But when I finished normal it was grouping all the way.

Deleted
    Both
    characters

Deleted
    I am kind of indifferent. But I generally prefer solo play in D3 because I can go at my own pace. I want to explore the place? Good. I wanna just pretty much run through? Fine. I need to take a break for any amount of time? Good.

I would prefer group play if it gave you some big(ger) advantage but it doesn't.

Deleted
    solo, because i like to play fast and the majority of people are slower making the whole thing take a lot longer

Group, because no one talks anymore and i'd encourage it

Though if the same question was asked 3-5 years ago, i'd say solo because getting people to talk wasn't a problem.

Deleted
    As a demon hunter I prefer to play solo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neutral. I like grouping up, but if I see people die 10+ times in the first 10 minutes I wonder how they managed to get past act 1.

Deleted
    Farming I like to do solo, but for progressing/leveling/whatnot it's way more fun grouped.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Solo most of the time since grouping can still be painful due to 2034204204 amounts of health they get whenever X people join

i play mostly solo, would rather group play but i was late starting to play and all my friends were already lvl 60 and farming inferno =/

I play both. Solo for farming and Group for fun.

It really depends. I've been playing with a Monk friend a lot and his evasion mantra (armour + dodge) allows me to switch out to more damage gear and we completely trash act 3..... Until

Plagued
    Molten

He keeps dying to these and we can get into situations where he isnt doing any damage and once he dies I lose the dodge bonus and become much more vulnerable to the other damage. We can beat them but sometimes get crazy ones and have to skip them, where I might be able to beat them in a solo game. On the other hand some other situations are easier and where the damage isnt mostly ground effects the massive dodge bonus of being with a Monk makes me near untouchable.

Last night we had some pretty nasty combo shaman (frozen/desecrate + ??) + demon raiders with invulnerable minions + a bunch of normal mobs and due to the mantra of evasion we could pretty much ignore the demon raider elite and focus on killing the shamans, it was a long fight with a lot of stuff jumping on our heads but the majority of damage seemed to be dodged allowing us to comfortably take down the 2 packs at the same time, even with the demon raider enraging by the time we killed the shamans.

And to be honest, playing with a friend is more fun.

I group with friends (which is awesome fun), but otherwise I play solo

10+ Year Old Account
    Solo, but that is because I play hardcore. I would never leave the loss of my character to the hands of someone else. When I do multi-play, it's rare, softcore, and with my partner and one of our friends.

Deleted
    Solo or with one friend. Full games tend to lag me into oblivion and my fps plummeting into the abyss of hell. So yeah... I avoid that :P

when i'm leveling i do this alone.
    but later on we only play together.