Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

MechWarrior: Online

MWOMercs.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CWr3ZUQJeo
    ^ This video is from 2009, the game has changed so much and is LOTS more detailed in its current state.

Sign up and reserve your pilot name! COMPLETELY Free-to-play, build around Crytek 2 engine. Probably the most faithful-to-canon MechWarrior title ever released and the devs are absolutely totally nuts about the game. Imagine the largest persistent gamespace you can with a faithful, interactive dev team to implement live events, etc. BattleTech lore holds its own against the richest, most detailed of any movie or game franchise.

One of the coolest things about this franchise is how IMMERSIVE it is, and how seriously players take their loyalty to factions. You thought republic vs empire or horde vs alliance was deep? Think again.

< don't advertise your community here without approval >
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2012-06-17 at 08:11 PM.

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am really looking forward to this game. I just hope that there is an array of controller support so I can pick up a quality joy stick.

the precision to hit the various joints you may want to consider keeping the mouse though i havent tried it with my joystick

looks amazing and has very fluid movement only thing ive seen that erks me alittle is the collision sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt(speed dependent) but beta is beta

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was a master of MechWarrior with a joystick in MechWarrior 3 when I was a kid, unless they have really improved the precision of where you have to target in order to destroy an actuator. Looks like Razer is working on a joystick for the game as well, here is hoping it actually comes out in time.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    ~ Mini-bump ~

I got this in my e-mail a few hours ago and thought it was worth sharing.

LARGE IMAGE, LINKED FOR COURTESY

Honestly... I'm not liking what I'm seeing here. There's nothing in this package that makes me want to put money into the game sight-unseen.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    ~ Mini-bump ~

I got this in my e-mail a few hours ago and thought it was worth sharing.

LARGE IMAGE, LINKED FOR COURTESY

Honestly... I'm not liking what I'm seeing here. There's nothing in this package that makes me want to put money into the game sight-unseen.
    There's plenty but you have to have a real deep knowledge of the series to "get it" from the developer blogs. Founder Mechs are basically end-game mechs, meaning you instantly skip the "grind" of upgrading said mech. Add in the in-game currency and lifetime XP/C-bill boost and its quite frankly a pretty sleek deal.

Kind of pissed they didn't say anything about legendary package until launch, I only budgeted for the $60 one.

Leanin' towards the $60 dollar package.

All four mechs would be nice but the only two I see myself using is the Hunchback or the Atlas

Yes i'm going to be all over this! and you link that old trailer that had been floating around for so long but not the newer one! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkWhrahs3AQ

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm definitely going to try the game but I just don't see myself spending money on it. Especially not that pre-pay early access thing.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I'm looking forward to this game. It's been awhile since a Mechwarrior game came out, and this one looks promising.

There's a bunch of videos on their website too, the class commentaries have some decent gameplay footage.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess this is Piranha's way of generating some early revenue for the game. To be fair, it's understandable and a cool idea, however I wish they offered more then instant access to only 4 Battlemechs that you can unlock, I'd rather them give you 4 specialty Mechs that no one else will be able to get in order to sweeten the deal a bit more. I am not talking about any that are going to give you a sheer advantage over opponents either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I guess this is Piranha's way of generating some early revenue for the game. To be fair, it's understandable and a cool idea, however I wish they offered more then instant access to only 4 Battlemechs that you can unlock, I'd rather them give you 4 specialty Mechs that no one else will be able to get in order to sweeten the deal a bit more. I am not talking about any that are going to give you a sheer advantage over opponents either.
    The difference is founder's mechs get their own garage slot and custom schemes. So they don't count towards filling your 4 mech slots, and the color skins are founder-only.

I just dropped $120, which also includes a boatload of in-game currency.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speakeasy_zj View Post
    The difference is founder's mechs get their own garage slot and custom schemes. So they don't count towards filling your 4 mech slots, and the color skins are founder-only.

I just dropped $120, which also includes a boatload of in-game currency.
    In fact the bulk of it ($80) is in-game currency. But what do you get with that? They haven't shown anything in their store that makes it worth pre-purchasing. I'm surprised (but not really) at the amount of people jumping at the chance to throw money at beta access and some store cash for a currently non-existent store.

You shouldn't be supporting this business model.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

In the FAQ for the question about clans the only answer is a smiley... But the game starts in 3049, correct? The start of the clan invasion. So they will obviously be part of the game somehow. Is there any word on this? (rumor, speculation, leak?) Seems to me for a game with 'no co-op' pve at start. Only pvp. The clans would either have to be the enemy for the eventual pve co-op (looting the superior clan tech), and/or a pay to win unlock??

10+ Year Old Account
    it took a long time for me to recognise this game properly because you really have to doe RESEARCH to get any information about it. the community goes "jizz in ma pants" mode over every official post and screenshot.

but after spending hours searching for screens, videos, information, gameplay, battles, tech etc if was confident enough to go for elite status. as i really liked the mechwarrior games and am quite fond of the direction of the new game i look forward to the release (i don't like betas).

it has the potential to be one of the best f2p onlinegames out there (and i am normaly cynical and sceptical for everything on the inet).

EDIT: it has no pay to win mode. everything that influences the battles in any way can be bought with ingame currency. real money is only for optics and faster lvling/moneygain.

and giving out special or exclusive items or mechs for founders would be totally unfair for everyone joining the game later on. no thanks.
    Last edited by Sharde; 2012-06-27 at 03:34 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't be supporting this business model.
    Why?

Give me one good reason free-to-play shouldn't be supported.

I paid $60 for a game which is really the standard going price. For $60 more I get more in-game money and xp (basically boas) 4 extra mech slots with founder-exclusive mechs. $80 worth of in-game currency. Yeah, I can't see the store yet. I don't see anything wrong with this business model.

Fact is, if you don't want to buy anything sight-unseen, you don't have to. You still get the game for free. What, exactly, is the problem here?

---------- Post added 2012-06-29 at 11:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    In the FAQ for the question about clans the only answer is a smiley... But the game starts in 3049, correct? The start of the clan invasion. So they will obviously be part of the game somehow. Is there any word on this? (rumor, speculation, leak?) Seems to me for a game with 'no co-op' pve at start. Only pvp. The clans would either have to be the enemy for the eventual pve co-op (looting the superior clan tech), and/or a pay to win unlock??
    My guess would be the campaign focuses on the clans, while the MP focuses on the conflicts in the Inner Sphere with random events related to clans. For instance, if you've ever played rift, the random world events that happen? Yeah, like that. Total speculation here.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speakeasy_zj View Post
    Why?

Give me one good reason free-to-play shouldn't be supported.

I paid $60 for a game which is really the standard going price. For $60 more I get more in-game money and xp (basically boas) 4 extra mech slots with founder-exclusive mechs. $80 worth of in-game currency. Yeah, I can't see the store yet. I don't see anything wrong with this business model.

Fact is, if you don't want to buy anything sight-unseen, you don't have to. You still get the game for free. What, exactly, is the problem here?
    Well you just said it yourself: It's free to play.

So if it's really free to play, why are you being asked to drop as much as $120 on it sight unseen, weeks before you'll have even a single byte of data to show for it?

You should see a lot wrong with that business model. If it's worth paying for, let them prove it first. You shouldn't be throwing money at them already, they haven't given you a single god damn thing except empty promises. Please don't encourage that kind of game development.

There's plenty of videos on their website and more info in various places if you're willing to look, I could hardly call it unseen (unless you're referring to said mechs). Personally it was recommended to be by someone in the CB whose opinion I trust, which is enough for me.

I don't see this business model as being any different than the usual pre-order / half a dozen special edition model that's used with most games these days. If you don't like it though, you're more than welcome to spend your money elsewhere, and as a bonus you could still play the game and re-evaluate when it comes out.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well you just said it yourself: It's free to play.

So if it's really free to play, why are you being asked to drop as much as $120 on it sight unseen, weeks before you'll have even a single byte of data to show for it?

You should see a lot wrong with that business model. If it's worth paying for, let them prove it first. You shouldn't be throwing money at them already, they haven't given you a single god damn thing except empty promises. Please don't encourage that kind of game development.
    The only thing I can't see is the stuff you buy in-game. I love everything I've seen so far. I love that they've put all this work into it yet are making it free-to-play. I gave them my $120 because in my eyes they have earned it. I won't pay $60 for another CoD. I won't pay for MoP unless its good, I won't buy another Madden or NCAA football (haven't since 09), because those are just regurgitated crap (mop is more a wait-and-see).

But I WILL pay $120 for a well-made game from one of the best-known franchises in gaming history, made by an unselfish developer whose heart and soul has been ALL ABOUT this game since 2009.

I will support that all day every day, and we should all encourage that kind of development. Its not the business model you have a problem with, it seems. What you have a problem with is me spending my money.

PG put the Stalker in the starting roster, for goodness' sake. That's some street cred.

Sixty dollars is a perfect purchase price. I'm in.