Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

JC Shuffle still profitable?

Hello guys! I just leveled up my enchanting to start the JC Shuffle, but I dont see it very profitable. I do everything your supposed to do,
    but im still not able to do any crazy profit, I think I go blank if not back.

The prices on Frostmane - EU, my server is following.

Greater Celestial Essence 52 gold per essence.

Hypnotic Dust 1 gold per dust.

Heavenly Shard 68 gold per shard.

AND THE ORE PRICE IS

Elementium Ore 20 gold per stack.

Why don't i feel profitable? Any math on why this shouldn't work out economical? Thanks, PvPWithoutUILolz.
    Last edited by mmoc8f667570b7; 2012-06-17 at 06:36 PM.

Deleted
    Inferno Rubys sell, all others are almost worthless, making jewelry and disenchanting it is probably still the best you can do.
    I still have loads of Demonseyes from patch 4.2 (!) and I can't sell them. Even if, then they go for 5 - 10 gold, which ain't worth it, as a few reposts will completely eat up the profit. I'm not doing anything with JC at the moment, other than selling a few vicious items. Enchanting >>>>>>>>>> JC for me.

Enchanting makes gold by selling enchants in the AH.

Deleted
    All servers are different
    How much are ore are you shufflings(stacks) and how much us it per stack?

With the end of expansion then demand is lower. If you are saying its lame to what other people on your server make then thats one thing but different to other shufflers on these forums on different servers.

so Lower demand
    fewer raiding guilds
    effective competition

will all make your task harder.

Are you using all the Jc cuts or just read? Price of inferno and others please.

If the dmeand is low then all you cna do is make sure you are the person they wnat to buy from. You have two tools be the cheapest on the ah or be the cheapest in trade with things that people wnat to buy. It depends how mych time you put in.

How much time are you putting in or how many times do you relist?

From enchanting ive known it slow down in the last few weeks, but until then ive made nearly as much from enchanting as I have from JC.

So yes its still possible to make money if you get smart and put the effort in. Its a falling market.

Deleted
    Before you start any shuffle, you should always first calculate its profitability.

Fortunately there are addons that help you do this.

At this point in the expansion I would not expect to make a huge profit from selling enchanting mats, especially dusts. They're dirt cheap now.

I still sell enchants, but I buy the mats directly.

Deleted
    20 gold a stack i would be mopping up. Nothing wrong with price. I tend to think you aren using all the designs nor are you working hard enough at relistin your aycions. Tiy didnt really provide the info I was after so cant say any more. I bet you on those numbers your competitors are still making a reasonable profit. Btw how mych do you wnat to make and how many auctions are you listing? How many relist cycles are you doing?

Summary
    1. You arent competeing on enough products.
    2. Toy arent putting enough effort in to get your auctions to sell. Pricing or relisting.

As you said you are on a high pop server, then other people are doing the shuffle better. Compete or get out of the market.
    Last edited by mmoc0afa280d34; 2012-06-17 at 11:24 PM.

JC will always be profitable....incoming BoE panther mounts!

Those selling prices are comparable to what things go for on my server, but our ore averages 45-50g per stack, and I am still making tons of profits. That being said, my server's progression sucks, so people are still gearing up.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPWithoutUILolz View Post
    Hello guys! I just leveled up my enchanting to start the JC Shuffle, but I dont see it very profitable. I do everything your supposed to do,

AND THE ORE PRICE IS

Why don't i feel profitable? Any math on why this shouldn't work out economical? Thanks, PvPWithoutUILolz.
    At that price, you should make all of your gold back just off disenchanting. Out of the rare red gems, I'm only selling int, strength and agility at around 100-200g each. Start off with 50-100 stacks and progress from there. I prefer to stockpile because all servers will go through droughts of ore and that's when a gbank full of it comes in handy.

With everything calming down and everyone becoming heavily geared, it's slowing down ALOT. Maybe for another month or so it'll still be semi-profitable but it's nowhere to the point where you can make an insane amount of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPWithoutUILolz View Post

AND THE ORE PRICE IS

Well its more then profitable tbh. I'm buying the stack for 25-30 and selling: HS-35: 40g, GCE: 30g/ea HD:destroying, Inferno rubies 60-80g, vendoring any other rare gems. And it's still profitable

i have about the same prices, but eleore slilghtly higher.

just the "reds" pay my initial investment in ores. everything else is "free" gold.

As long as you have a transmute master to mute the carnelians (and handle your own Heartblossom farming which really takes about 20 minutes to get 100+) it's still profitable. Your server has the exact same prices as mine and I'm still pulling in 5k+ a day...and our cut ruby prices have tanked to 70G a pop for int/str/agi.

Remember that rubies are your bottom line, they will optimally cover your expenses and everything else is pure profit. You can cut/vendor every gem that isn't a ruby and you'll still come out profitable assuming you're dealing with the enchanting mats in the proper way (doing research as to whether selling mats vs complete enchants is more profitable that day etc). Also, Heavenly Dust WILL move if you sell it low enough, or even better combine it with your spare cloth and make Embersilk Bags to sell for some profit (buying the cloth isn't profitable).

If ore is/wass 20g per stack there is almost no way you can't make a crap ton of gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimation2g View Post
    If ore is/wass 20g per stack there is almost no way you can't make a crap ton of gold.
    There is if he isn tputting much effort into selling and not selling anything as a result.

I've got the same profs and find that at the moment, profits are slimming down.

If you want easy gold, my advice is the Van WoW Enchants. the int and agil ones sell really well for heirlooms, get ready for the expansion in that sence, a lot of ppl will be rolling panda's and want to level them quickly. You know what gear they can use so start getting heirloom enchants ready and sell them for heaps.

On my server, 15agil enchant to 1H wep sells well for 800g, 25agil 2H sells 1250g. Mat's arent too hard to farm, i do it inbetween BG's.

All of this is IMO.

lol, elementium ore is around 45-50g on my server, i buy ores for around 50k, make profit of around 30k, and inferno ruby are 100g, and the rest is the same as yours, if elementium ore was 20g on my server, i would probebly buy 10.000 stacks before the price goes up, 20g is INSANE

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you supposed to sell gems other than rubies? They never sell for me.

On my server, elementium is like 50-60g, rubies are around 65-70.

prices may change but you dont need to disenchant everything you make

transmute work as well with shadowspirit diamonds and rare gems

depend on server and demend ofc
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeglo View Post
    Are you supposed to sell gems other than rubies? They never sell for me.

On my server, elementium is like 50-60g, rubies are around 65-70.
    Hmm, I sell everything usually. Blue gems go slower, but even those sell. I vendor them when I need to relist too often. I'm lazy, so I only sell raw mats (gems, enchanting mats) and bags (to get rid of the dust) and I still make a profit. If I could be bothered with actually selling enchants and cut gems, I would make even more profit.

Obsidium, Elementium and Pyrite ore are 20g a stack, cloth 40g. Bags are 300g, shards are 50g, essences 30g, dust 50s, red gems 50g and the rest 5-10g.

Deleted
    This is why a lot of shufflers are one trick ponies. If you sell everything then it will be 2,3 or 4 times as profitable.