Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    No spyro either? That ones a bit more controversial but still has a huge following...

Sigh.
    The lack of Spyro and Crash Bandicoot (but mostly Spyro!) on this list makes it completely void. Now I can probably hate on 90 of these games even though I haven't played them (no, really, I think I've only ever even seen gameplay of 20 of these), but there is no way that a "top x games" list is complete without Spyro in a single-digit position.

I dont see CoD MW3?!?!?! =(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggayshammy View Post
    37. Halo
    23. Halo 3
    No, just no...

WAIT BG2 is 90th?! not even the first bg on there? o damn

pokemon red/blue are way better than 50ish...

wondering how they compiled this list, I know for me it would have to be what sucked my life to it for what amount of time.

I don't even know half of those games, and yet the list is missing the genre-defining games like Transport tycoon, simcity, settlers, heroes of m&m, dune, age of empires, any part of c&c series. I could come up with more titles. The list is void to me. Oh well, everyone can have his own list.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

A lot of this seems like nostalgia. I can understand why games like Super Mario Bros, Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon Red/Blue are on there, but I don't agree with it. While they were ground-breaking at the time, they're not very good anymore.

Some other things on there bug me too. Super Mario 64 instead of Galaxy? Super Mario Bros. 3, but no Super Mario World? No Earthbound? Angry Birds?

The first zelda beat oot HOW? Also halo 2>halo>halo 3 everyone support character dies for no reason and you don't even get to kill truth he dies in a cutscene and gravemind dies of screen wtf. Seriously link to the past lost to Mario 1 um if it was super mario world i could understand that.
    Last edited by turlyonlost to tirion wtf; 2012-06-17 at 08:56 PM.
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

loooooool no metal gear solid 4...

Yep this list is bullshit

10+ Year Old Account
    i watched the top 10 on tv felt comfort in knowing i was not the only one to be seeing blocks in their heads after playing for hours everyday it gets really intense
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

I think rankings should be done by genre. Also they should probably be seperated into categories like "innovation", "fun factor" and "success". General lists like this one don't make much sense anyway. Whole franchises should make up just 1 entry if the different games in the franchise are similar to each other in gameplay.

I also think that Bioshock is much too high up on the list...

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    You may not like wow any more but don't be obtuse. If it wasn't a top 3 mmo (by which I mean, currently the top and has been for a while) then it wouldn't have such a colossal and loyal following.
    It's top in annual income and subscriptions, that doesn't necessarily mean WoW is better gameplay wise than the other available options.

Definitely seeing a distinct lack of Chronotrigger and the Earthbound/Mother Series.

Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    wondering how they compiled this list, I know for me it would have to be what sucked my life to it for what amount of time.
    Agreed, I mainly want to know if it's a list based on a specific order(#1 is better than #2 and so on) or they just listed their favorite 100 games of all time into a hat and drew them one by one and that was the order they went with.
    Last edited by Dedweight; 2012-06-17 at 08:59 PM.

I'm greatly saddened to see angry birds on the list. It's a great distraction and all, but it's not a video game. It's a mini-game. Granted, a mini-game with lots of levels, but a min-game none the less.
    Even worse, where the heck was Super Mario RPG?!

Being serious for a sec, how was this list put together? Sales? Everyone vote for your top game and they were numbered by votes? There is something off here.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad that id Software got a few on the list and if you replace Angry Birds with BF1942 I can live with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    For someone who has never played an SSX game. What can you tell me about it, and would you think I should try it out. I remember one snowboard game on N64 and it was pretty good, I played Coolboarders on the PS1. BUt seeing people rave about it makes me very interested.
    It's a good dose of silliness really. It's snowboarding and you hit ridiculous speeds and heights on fantastical mountainsides and tracks and perform huge tricks, and as you land tricks and flips you gain speed accordingly assuming you get a good landing and so on and so forth, and you can perform huge degree spins.

The difference of "SSX" has been that instead of sticking with random tricks you can unhook the board from your feet and whirl it around in the air. You have 3 categories really - normal tricks (so things that are physically possible that real snowboarders do) - land a few of these and you get onto a short lived "second tier" of "Tricky" - things get a bit strange now like having 1 foot attached and the other unattached and spinning the board around. Land a couple of these and you get onto "Uber tricky" (taken after the second game, SSX tricky, which introduced this) and things get awesome. You take the board off and extend your arms to full as an example of a trick, like Christ on the cross, and each character has a "signature" move at this point which is harder to pull off but worth more points and gains you more speed and boost and therefore tricky (you can drain tricky as a boost for more speed) - such things consist of Psymons "Guillotine" when he whips his board around his neck and it spins like a ball on a pole - Macs "Walk the Dog" when spins it around at ridiculous speed using only his feet, and Elise has the La-La-Lockstep where she lays flat on the board before spinning 360 degrees one way about a foot off the board and then lands, then the same the other way, and this can be continued until you smack into the ground.

It's essentially, complete unrealistic fun where you perform physically impossible snowboarding moves but you can get properly into it.

"SSX" which is the most recent one involves a world map and you pick peaks and runs to do to complete them, from all over the world - Alps, Himalayas, Rockies, Antarctica and New Zealand - there are 9 regions in total. On these places you do runs of courses (of which there are a LOT) and do things like speed races, trick outs (where in 1 run you try to score as many points by doing tricks) and then Survival where you travel a certain distance without dying (there's a lot to end your run in this one). Survival is new to this SSX, as are the number of regions - however, the regions and tracks partially exist, they were captured by satellites, loaded into a computer and then altered slightly to make them playable.

SSX 3 consists of 1 huge artificial mountain where you can go up and down at will and veer off down sides to get into trick and race events - get gold medals, get money, buy boards and stats (in SSX3) and tada. In the new SSX you buy boards, clothes, and various items which may be required to complete some tracks - armour for protection, solar panels for heat in Antarctica, a lamp for when going underground, a wingsuit for jumping off mountains (literally, you glide like a flying squirrel) and oxygen for when you're in the himalayas.

That's my promotional rant over, I'll PM this to you and all the URLs for the websites and interesting videos - it's definitely worth getting the recent one and maybe SSX3 as well. The rest is optional, but only SSX (first one), SSX Tricky, SSX3 and this new SSX. Rest are mediocre at best.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    It's top in annual income and subscriptions, that doesn't necessarily mean WoW is better gameplay wise than the other available options.

Definitely seeing a distinct lack of Chronotrigger and the Earthbound/Mother Series.

Agreed, I mainly want to know if it's a list based on a specific order(#1 is better than #2 and so on) or they just listed their favorite 100 games of all time into a hat and drew them one by one and that was the order they went with.
    it is based on which is better they showed them off on tv in like 5 episodes with famous actors and athletes and who not describing the game, soulja boy commented on WoW i laughed pretty hard
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

10+ Year Old Account
    It may not be big over here in the states but to not have any Monster Hunter title in the 100 is interesting. It is all opinion but that game is different. challenging, and a smash in Asia (Specifically Japan)

Deleted
    Only one word to describe every list for "Best games ever" : Nostalgia

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the fuck is Dizzy not on this list, it was the bes game ever!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dizzy_(series)