Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Am I the only one who doesn't like the music at all??? I really loved all of the vanilla, TBC and WotLK soundtracks, but the MoP ones don't do it for me. Maybe the Chinese musicthemes is just not for me

Its articles like this that makes me realize how completely foreign and alien some cultures are. The idea that a person can be sent to jail for playing a game in a manner the state does not approve of is mind-boggling. I knew Korea was a whole other planet as far as cultural values were concerned but this makes them another planet in another galaxy in an alternate universe. In authoritarian dictatorships like China, you expect this sort of thing, but in an otherwise democratic more western-styled society? This is truly a WTF moment reading this.
    I'm rolling a Blunt Elf... That's a high-elf that likes to party.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about us PVP players? Do we get to upgrade our items as well?

Quote Originally Posted by toychristopher View Post
    900 valor points to upgrade one item? So that's like over 10,000 valor points to upgrade all your gear.... I'm guessing valor points are gonna start dropping like candy in Mist of Pandaria.
    They don't already? You would be spending 1650 on a pair of boots now so this is actually cheaper plus this may not be the final price.
    Last edited by Bahska; 2012-06-18 at 01:34 PM.

Honestly the upgrade system is going to be awesome to help players get into raiding faster. Also I see a lot of people mentioning legendary weapons being upgraded. IMO they should just scale with level like the BOA's but make the stats a little lacking so that future epics will be way better. Also they need to make legendary weapons usable for transmog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlacidGladiator View Post
    Its articles like this that makes me realize how completely foreign and alien some cultures are. The idea that a person can be sent to jail for playing a game in a manner the state does not approve of is mind-boggling. I knew Korea was a whole other planet as far as cultural values were concerned but this makes them another planet in another galaxy in an alternate universe. In authoritarian dictatorships like China, you expect this sort of thing, but in an otherwise democratic more western-styled society? This is truly a WTF moment reading this.
    In the United States, it's legal to have sex. It's illegal to pay for it.

In South Korea, it's legal to play MMOs and earn items through gameplay. It's illegal to pay for them.

I don't think your mind should be boggling quite that much. I don't agree with the law but it's certainly not an unheard of violation of personal freedoms. It's basically tantamount to anti-gambling laws.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    I doubt it, in my opinion. Legendaries are neat for a couple of patches and then bite the dust. I'm not saying make them BiS, but legendaries ought to be timeless bad-@$$es. There is some serious farming grinds for them as well, so it's not like everyone and his pet gnome would have them equipped.
    No chance you'll be able to upgrade legendary's. Blizz have hard enough time trying balance the game as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    i know its an example but 300vp for +25 stat points? like wtf

Deleted
    no no, 1 upgrade costs 300 VP, and IMO if u wanna change from agi(recently changed) to lets say exertise, its another 300, thats my guess...

How can you upgrade an item and change the stats on it?
    Reforging already takes care of that.
    Upgrade is just that, upgrade.

I find it a very nice method to get rid of excessive VP's that already amass like hell.
    Instead of spending them on BoE at least now you got something decent to do with the excess.

15+ Year Old Account
    i kinda like the idea with valor points used too upgrade gear. it was always annoying upgrading gear with always changing stats, i know reforging was introduced too help there but lets be honest reforging ain't gonna help when you loose lets say 350+hit rating and mastery cause the next tier has haste and mastery. if you can simply upgrade your current boots too match the normal mode itemlevel of the next tier, you can just pick up your new boots but hold on too the previous tier until you have lets say wrist too compensate for that 350+hit you lost.

Maybe legendaries can actually gain some value again if they become upgradeable the requirements can go up(lower droprate, more hardmode bosses needed), but you can upgrade them so legendaries acquired early in the expansion won't be useless 1 or 2 tiers later. as long as the price is right, 3000vp each upgrade on your legendary weapon, that will keep the casuals away as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by toychristopher View Post
    900 valor points to upgrade one item? So that's like over 10,000 valor points to upgrade all your gear.... I'm guessing valor points are gonna start dropping like candy in Mist of Pandaria.
    It will drop from dailies, scenarios and the usual stuff, so yes it will drop like candy, however i doubt they'll increase the 1k weekly cap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    i know its an example but 300vp for +25 stat points? like wtf
    Who cares? It's an example, like you said yourself. The numbers mean absolutely nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of the numbers used here are fake (except the item level 375 requirement) and for demonstration purposes only.

This Public Service Announcement was brought to you by Striving in Vain and Reading Comprehension: Age of the Interwebz.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Deleted
    hehe, it looks like it says vear instead of year to me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    Not sure how I feel about the new valor system....
    It's not the "new" system
    Last edited by mmocaf65100706; 2012-06-18 at 06:44 PM. Reason: '

Deleted
    Good news from Korea.
    Would be cool if it could be done here in Europe too...

i really hope you wont be able to upgrade pvp gear with valor points

and not intended to be previewed at this time
    I really get sick of these. Why even post it then? To beat some other website that brings out news? Afraid someone like Tradechat might come out with it first?

Can you just make a link that is all data mined information and leave it off the main page as news.

I immediately thought of cool items from the past making their way back in with this VP upgrade tool. Depends on if the ilvl 375 thing stays, but think about it:

Deathbringer's Will, Fandral's Flamescythe, would have some interesting effects and breathe life into farming old raids/instances if they do it well.