Page 1 of 3
LastLast

DH Inferno Belial - Just want him to die, don't care about NV.

Need spec and good advice.

19.3 kdps with dual wielded xbow and no dps passive.

I have a decent shield, so I could try that.

Around 500+ resist, don't get one shot, but plenty of damned shots.

Just go full damage and sit in a corner with SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Need spec and good advice.

19.3 kdps with dual wielded xbow and no dps passive.

I have a decent shield, so I could try that.

Around 500+ resist, don't get one shot, but plenty of damned shots.
    19.3k dps, theres your problem

Step 1, get a 2h xbow. step 2, get crit damage. step 3. get good with ss and proceed to kill a lord of hell

Also, don't dual wield. Use a 2h Crossbow with Archery, Sharp Shooter and Steady Aim.

That damage is ridiculously low especially for a DH :<.

2bh I had trouble with 60k dps...

but

> Arrow w/ piercing 70% increase damage
    > Nether tentacles (must, there is no option)

1> SS
    2> Prep w/ Backup plan
    3> Caltrops w/ Torturous ground
    4 > MoD with anything (12% increased damage on P3 = really useful)

edit: there is no point being tanky, when glass cannon is much more rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by PhailPally View Post
    2bh I had trouble with 60k dps...

but

> Arrow w/ piercing 70% increase damage
    > Nether tentacles (must, there is no option)

1> SS
    2> Prep w/ Backup plan
    3> Caltrops w/ Torturous ground
    4 > MoD with anything (12% increased damage on P3 = really useful)

edit: there is no point being tanky, when glass cannon is much more rewarding.
    I personally suggest Bat Companion over either MoD or Caltrops, it's Hatred Regen is ridiculous.

Deleted
    Highest damage would be x-bow with sharpshooter. Get a max disc chest "6-10 disc" and max disc quiver "6-10 disc" and time your Smokescreen with his attacks.

I kill him no problem with 40k dps.

Phase 1, use 80% slow traps for adds and kill them bla bla bla.

Phase 2, still use traps and use your smokescreen carefully.

Phase 3, Save your discipline for smokescreen incase of emergency.

I'm using: Hungering Arrow with 50% more chance to pierce "Left-click", Elemental Arrow with Nether Tentacles "Right-click", Caltorps with 80% slow "1", Preperation with chance to not trigger CD "2", Smokescreen with 1.5 sec "3" and Marked for Death with 3 hatred per attack made on target "4". I play mostly with full dps gear with barely any resist since DH are 1 of the weaker class if melee damage is taken from any monster. *In my opinion ofcourse.

instead of tentacles i use impale with overpen. doesnt make sense to me to use a move that heals u when u cant survive a single hit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stankin View Post
    instead of tentacles i use impale with overpen. doesnt make sense to me to use a move that heals u when u cant survive a single hit
    Haven't thought about that, gonna try it next time =P.

Quote Originally Posted by Celidion View Post
    I personally suggest Bat Companion over either MoD or Caltrops, it's Hatred Regen is ridiculous.
    Hatred regen from MoD with the Mortal Enemy rune puts the Bat Companion to shame, though that's no reason not to use the Bat over Caltrops at least. Those get useless really quick in that fight with how fast the adds spawn once they start. I personally run SS, Prep, MoD, and Companion for all bosses but Diablo.

The point of Nether Tentacles isn't the heal. It's the fact that it has the best hatred:damage ratio in the game, as well as being very slow, which is good, and AoE, also good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used mines with long fuse, hungering arrow with 70% on pierce, smoke screen with lingering fog, caltrops with 80% slow (for add phases), marked for death with hatred gen, and fan of knives with 20 yards radius (also mostly for adds). Passives were 20% damage at range, numbing traps, and archery.

Had ~25k dps, 50k hp, 40% dmg reduc from resists, 50% dmg reduc from armor. Numbing traps helped. Add phases were very hard.

Deleted
    Impale with Overpenetration will give you a 250% damage doing hit in a very thin straight line for 25 hatred. Elemental Arrow with Nether Tentacles will give you a 155% damage doing orb that deals damage on a quite wide area for 10 hatred.

That's 10% damage per hatred for Impale. 15.5% damage per hatred for Elemental Arrow. Elemental Arrow will also hit more enemies, and it at least used to hit large targets (such as Belial for example) more than once per orb. The heal is just an added bonus on top of all of that.

I don't think there's any question whether Nether Tentacles is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Impale with Overpenetration will give you a 250% damage doing hit in a very thin straight line for 25 hatred. Elemental Arrow with Nether Tentacles will give you a 155% damage doing orb that deals damage on a quite wide area for 10 hatred.

That's 10% damage per hatred for Impale. 15.5% damage per hatred for Elemental Arrow. Elemental Arrow will also hit more enemies, and it at least used to hit large targets (such as Belial for example) more than once per orb. The heal is just an added bonus on top of all of that.

I don't think there's any question whether Nether Tentacles is better.
    If we're talking Belial himself - nether tentacle ticks at least 3 times on him ( might be 4 ). So it's at least 465% weapon damage per ball.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's like saying don't bloodthirst on your (WoW) Fury warrior since you're not tanking and don't need the healing.

I was going to go into more detail, but I see Strah actually just wrote what I was going to. (For Bel and Asmo, it's almost always a guarenteed 4 hit, which is smex.)
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

To not use Nether Tentacles is just silly. Sure, Nether only does 155% weapon damage. But it hits most monsters twice, if not three times. And big monsters, it can even hit 4 times. Thats a minimum or 310% weapon damage per shot at 10 hatred per shot. Not to mention it hits multiple mobs. Until this patch in the future where they buff our other abilities, Nether is the best way to go. I won't say only, but if you're serious about maximum output, your only true choice is Nether.

Edit: THe only other ability I could see one using instead would be Ball Lightning.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) Your DPS is RIDICULOUSLY Low

2) Build should be the following ~

Either Vault or SS with Lingering fog ~
    Prep
    Bat companion
    Mark of Death + Mortal Enemy

~ Hungering arrow+ Devouring Arrow
    ~ Nether tentacles
    Passives are the following
    Sharpshooter
    Steady Aim
    Archery

And for the love of god get better gear

I don't think Hungering is necessary at all, especially once your damage is over 30k. You should be wanting to maximize Nether up time(gosh that felt silly saying that). I use Entangling+Justice is Served for the 6 hatred. Plus, it helps tons on those pesky snakes/melee mobs. It's what I roll with in Inferno ponies too.