Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Datamined 1.0.3.10057 Patch Notes - attack speed info

The attack speed affix has been reduced significantly on all items. The following list outlines all of the previous values and new values for each affix level. This should give you a rough idea of how much IAS you should expect to lose.
    Weapons
    ​Haste 1: Old: (2-3%) New: (2%)
    Haste 2: Old: (4-5%) New: (2%)
    Haste 3: Old: (6-7%) New: (2-3%)
    Haste 4: Old: (8-9%) New: (2-3%)
    Haste 5: Old: (10-11%) New: (3-4%)
    Haste 6: Old: (12-13%) New: (3-4%)
    Haste 7: Old: (14-15%) New: (5%)
    Haste 8: Old: (16-17%) New: (6-7%)
    Haste 9: Old: (18-19%) New: (8-9%)
    Haste 10: Old: (20-25%) New: (10-11%)

Other Types (Rings, Amulet, Gloves, Legendaries)
    Haste 1: Old: (2-3%) New: (2%)
    Haste 2: Old: (4-5%) New: (2-3%)
    Haste 3: Old: (6-7%) New: (3-4%)
    Haste 4: Old: (8-9%) New: (3-4%)
    Haste 5: Old: (10-11%) New: (4-5%)
    Haste 6: Old: (12-13%) New: (5-6%)
    Haste 7: Old: (14-15%) New: (6-7%)
    Haste 8: Old: (16-17%) New: (8-9%)

Source - http://d3db.com/news/id/268-datamine...es-unofficial/

totally the wrong way to solve this issue just nerfing down the IAS to half i see a big shitstorm comming at blizzard
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Gonna be rough indeed. My monk, who really needs it, is gonna take a hard blow here. Monk DPS already seems to scale slower and this is not going to help at all.

Deleted
    About time, attackspeed in its current form seriously limits gearchoices especially for Barbs/Monks.

It's not going to solve anything... in fact, it's just going to force people to go for it all, making prices skyrocket on these pieces even more.

Not looking forward to this change...

The only reason it limits gear choice for Monks/Barbs - is because it is what works. As the game stands now, that life on hit + attack speed is crucial for sustainability.

The ironic thing is that this change could potentially make IAS more expensive, as melee will have to stack the hell out of it to get a functional amount for LOH.

It seems clear to me that the correct choice would have been to apply diminishing returns to IAS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    About time, attackspeed in its current form seriously limits gearchoices especially for Barbs/Monks.
    U either didn't understand the changes at all, or u just have no idea what u talking about. How is it that reducing IAs on gear will help Monk/Barb with gear choices? Tbh, now my monk will need max IAS gear on all slots that support IAS, just to stay at the same IAS that he is now, which was the stun lock value, but that was not high enough to help on champion packs.
    Things were hard for Monks/Barb, so now they worst... just to nerf DH's and 1 spec of Wyz /clap!

Blizz must have some really "weak" people working on D3 balance... u know, that kind of people that don't play the game and make changes, therefore having no real idea of the impact, outside the class/spec they trying to nerf.
    Last edited by mmocad89a0a4d0; 2012-06-16 at 06:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Souma View Post
    Gonna be rough indeed. My monk, who really needs it, is gonna take a hard blow here. Monk DPS already seems to scale slower and this is not going to help at all.
    Very closed way of viewing the situation. So you will gain half of the benefit of that particular stat but it now means you're not totally obliged to have it on every piece available, it'll be in line with other damage increasing stats and is a bonus but not mandatory.

If anything, it really puts more emphasis on high dexterity. IAS will still be good and something worth having, and a balance of stats will probably be best. Remember that Act 2 inferno onwards is also being nerfed, so considering one change (without actual numbers affecting your character's dps) in a vacuum is going to make it seem worse than it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclypse View Post
    U either didn't understand the changes at all, or u just have no idea what u talking about. How is it that reducing IAs on gear will help Monk/Barb with gear choices? Tbh, now my monk will need max IAS gear on all slots that support IAS, just to stay at the same IAS that he is now, which was the stun lock value, but that was not high enough to help on champion packs.
    Things were hard for Monks/Barb, so now they worst... just to nerf DH's and 1 spec of Wyz /clap!
    Aren't they nerfing Inferno anyway, making you require less stats to survive, making you more or less just as effective as you are now? This nerf to attack speed doesn't seem that harsh to me, in my opinion. We also haven't seen what else they have in store for us.

Deleted
    @ Eclypse, check Santtis answer.

And on the subject of why not make it have diminishing returns, I can clearly see why and that is not to make calculations any harder than they need be. Hidden modifiers are a very bad thing in my opinion, and apparently in Blizzards opinion as well.

Deleted
    Sry, but seems neither of u 2 have a monk on INF act 2 or above. Or u have some other main feeding him with uber gear. Doesn't matter what nerf they doing, monks will still need 2.00 IAS minimum, to survive white mobs without full kitting them. The IAS+LoH on packs was used in 2 ways: To tank and spank while rotating cd's and minimum movement on packs with certain affixes and to get hp back while dpsing under immune on the nasty packs (almost all). With IAS nerf we get less hp back, and the packs even if they hit for less, we can't stay there due to affixes, so we will get less hp back, making us easier targets while kitting some packs, like vortex/teleport/invulnerable ones. U need to understand that a nerf in Inf damage won't change how we melee need to play, cause u will still only be able to dps while under immune status, but we will get less hp back in order to survive the kite part.

Sry, but seems neither of u 2 have a monk on INF act 2 or above. Or u have some other main feeding him with uber gear. Doesn't matter what nerf they doing, monks will still need 2.00 IAS minimum, to survive white mobs without full kitting them. The IAS+LoH on packs was used in 2 ways: To tank and spank while rotating cd's and minimum movement on packs with certain affixes and to get hp back while dpsing under immune on the nasty packs (almost all). With IAS nerf we get less hp back, and the packs even if they hit for less, we can't stay there due to affixes, so we will get less hp back, making us easier targets while kitting some packs, like vortex/teleport/invulnerable ones. U need to understand that a nerf in Inf damage won't change how we melee need to play, cause u will still only be able to dps while under immune status, but we will get less hp back in order to survive the kite part.
    If you are taking less damage, you won't need to heal as much....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Aren't they nerfing Inferno anyway, making you require less stats to survive, making you more or less just as effective as you are now? This nerf to attack speed doesn't seem that harsh to me, in my opinion. We also haven't seen what else they have in store for us.
    Yes. People are over reacting here. Inferno will be reduced in difficulty from Acts II through IV. I'm pretty sure things will be okay. Not everything is data mined from the next patch.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Goodbye monk 2 hander with 20% IaS on it! I Should probably sell it now before its worthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    still no word on the deploy date of 1.03 ?

Might as well remove WDs from the game now. Because pets are so horrible they have to rely on high attack speed more than anyone with their splinters builds. Also even if they buff pets like they say they are will they share your resists? Will they not get 1 shot in Inferno? The only pets worth using is zombiebear spam but thats only good for farming ACT I after you massively overgear it so you can stay in melee range.

---------- Post added 2012-06-16 at 03:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Auguine View Post
    Goodbye monk 2 hander with 20% IaS on it! I Should probably sell it now before its worthless.
    I just bought a new 2 hander with 165 dex and 56% crit on it. My Damage went up by 3K but Its so damn slow. Im thinking this will make 2 handers obsolete. Gonna save up for a pair of 1 handers now. I swing slower than mallet lords.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-06-16 at 07:50 PM.

So they're "nerfing" it by just reducing the amount of it on gear?

That's just going to make players gear for it even more because it's still just as valuable.

Well done, Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Not related to ASP but seeing the Blacksmith changes, weren't they saying they will reduce the leveling costs (too)? I was kinda holding off on leveling it, mostly for the achis I guess, but now it seems that isn't changing.

Just so you know.

My friend killed inferno Diablo on his monk with 1.60 attacks per second. So your 'need 2.0 IAS miniumum' crap is wrong.

It was also his only 60 at the time of the kill so no gear was fed from mains

Call me a liar if you want, but here is the video proof. Achievement is in the video at the end after Big D dies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPGpiHM4oWU&feature=plcp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Not related to ASP but seeing the Blacksmith changes, weren't they saying they will reduce the leveling costs (too)? I was kinda holding off on leveling it, mostly for the achis I guess, but now it seems that isn't changing.
    Looking at the unofficial 1.03 patch notes at the front page, it very much looks like both levelling and crafting prices are reduced.