Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stopped paying for annual pass

Stopped paying for the annual pass before diablo 3 came out and I was able to play for about a month before blizz finally took it off my account, if I was to purchase a copy do you think my characters would still be there?

Quote Originally Posted by Shatterfist View Post
    Stopped paying for the annual pass before diablo 3 came out and I was able to play for about a month before blizz finally took it off my account, if I was to purchase a copy do you think my characters would still be there?
    um....i want to say yes because the characters are tied to your account but i would ask blizzard on the forums just to double check

10+ Year Old Account
    If you bought a copy of Diablo and added it to your Battle.net, I believe it would be a fresh copy with its own license. I doubt you would have your characters since the license for that Diablo 3 account is no longer active.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    My guess is that you'd be able to add it to your current account and keep the characters. But that's just a guess. Talk to the Blizzard customer support.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    If you bought a copy of Diablo and added it to your Battle.net, I believe it would be a fresh copy with its own license. I doubt you would have your characters since the license for that Diablo 3 account is no longer active.
    That would be my guess as well seeing as that's how it works in WoW. If you have two WoW accounts and your 85's are on WoW1 and everything else on WoW2 you still have to log in with WoW1 to access your 85's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gunna have to agree with Dedweight/Regennis on this one.

That's what I was afraid of, I suppose I'll talk to blizzard customer support before I buy it, would hate to lose my 60s

If you stop paying for annual pass and lose your D3, then add a new D3 CD-key, it is indeed a brand new account and anything you had from annual pass D3 is gone.

You stopped paying for the Annual Pass or you contacted a customer service and they removed the annual pass from your account?
    If first case scenario, what happened to your wow account ?

Quote Originally Posted by Anathaema View Post
    You stopped paying for the Annual Pass or you contacted a customer service and they removed the annual pass from your account?
    If first case scenario, what happened to your wow account ?
    If you stop pays / forgot to add gc etc. They remove annual pass and all future. Wow = no mount for example nothing more. No ban etc

You don't lose your mounts and crap if you don't pay for your AP. I've had my account frozen for almost two months now and they've not removed my AP rewards.

edit: they have seem to be taken Diablo 3 out of my Battle.net website, but I can still log on and play on the account. Weird.

Deleted
    Edited since people are saying blue posts are saying otherwise. I was under the impression it was account bound and not license bound but others are saying there are blue posts saying it's not possible, will see if I can find a blue post.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-06-18 at 10:09 AM.

Deleted
    no, if you purchase another copy it will NOT be there. this has been confirmed multiple times and blizzard have said that it's basically impossible (not impossible in the sense that it can't be done, impossible in the sense that blizzard support sucks and are to lazy to do it after you have already paid for it) to reinstate your old characters if you just went ahead and bought it. you need to email their support first before you purchase it and ask. if they won't do it you have no other option but to either purchase annual pass again and they will do it, or start again after buying another D3 licence.

Yes, if you purchase a copy all your characters and items will still be there, as long as you add that copy to the same battle.net email you previously used. Your data is stored by battle.net id and not by the serial on your D3 game. They will never be removed, they have already said there will be no "inactive" wipes or anything of the sort, so even if it's years down the line, your stuff should still be there.
    This is wrong. If you cancel the annual pass then add a new CD-Key, your annual pass characters will be gone. It's a brand new account attached with the new CD-Key.

I've read a few posts awhile ago with blues confirming this and it also happened to my RL friend after he cancelled his AP and just bought the game. All his chars were gone and was informed by customer service it's intended.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    why cancel your annual pass? it must be nearly complete anyway and probably was about the same cost as buying D3 outright?

why cancel your annual pass? it must be nearly complete anyway and probably was about the same cost as buying D3 outright?
    It just depends when he signed up. The last day you could was April 30th, 2012. So there are some people out there with still a little over 10 months left.

Deleted
    That's what I was afraid of, I suppose I'll talk to blizzard customer support before I buy it, would hate to lose my 60s
    Wait so you broke the rules and the punishment was buying a new game, now you want Blizz to help you out because you decided not to break the rules anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    This happened to a friend of mine. Everything reset, as such, if you buy the game again you'll have to start from scratch.
    Kanx - Protection Warrior (Armory)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, The characters are bound to the CD key (So to speak) the CD key has been removed so would the characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    then dont cheat the system =P
    if u dont pay for it u dont get it =P