Thread: Hunters in 4.3

Hunters in 4.3

What do all of you guys think about hunters in 4.3? overpowered? underpowered? balanced?
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV - post down thurrr

10+ Year Old Account
    A good hunter can be really OP and take down almost any class 1v1. The only thing they're limited by is close range, which a skilled hunter can usually avoid.
    However there's not very many skilled hunters, which is why hunters are commonly referred to as "huntards". It's a really good thing to good hunters, because they can fly under the radar and hold on to some of the things that make them so powerful. It's hard for blizzard to nerf a class when the majority of people who play the class, make it look crap. They don't want to make the "sucks" "suckier".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    A good hunter can be really OP and take down almost any class 1v1.
    I tend to agree that a good 4.3 Hunter can take down a lot of classes, though there are two that are impossible (I would like to see someone prove me wrong):

- Affliction Warlock (outheals my double kill shot with drain life, IF I get that far...)
    - All Healers (not even capable to significantly reduce their mana amount during a fight)

My Hunter is PvP ilvl 403 with ilvl 410 Weapon.
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2012-06-18 at 08:07 AM.

Hunter's are on of the best 1v1, save some DoT classes if they manage to get a full row of DoTs on you. Hunters have next to no self heals. Their DPS really isn't that bad. With Aimed Shot + Chimera + CDs I can usually do about 60k with that combo. If you roll with the DS 2pc you can do some pretty insane damage, along with the 403 bow from Madness. However, we don't have a spot in RBGs. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    I tend to agree that a good 4.3 Hunter can take down a lot of classes, though there are two that are impossible (I would like to see someone prove me wrong):

- Affliction Warlock (outheals my double kill shot with drain life, IF I get that far...)
    - All Healers (not even capable to significantly reduce their mana amount during a fight)

My Hunter is PvP ilvl 403 with ilvl 410 Weapon.
    I can't kill healers but warlocks it mostly depends on their skills but we have a ton of tools to interrupt their casted DoTs/fears (which are the nastiest) and if I can pull that correctly I can usually kill them. So I agree with u halfway.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

A good hunter can be really OP and take down almost any class 1v1. The only thing they're limited by is close range, which a skilled hunter can usually avoid.
    However there's not very many skilled hunters, which is why hunters are commonly referred to as "huntards". It's a really good thing to good hunters, because they can fly under the radar and hold on to some of the things that make them so powerful. It's hard for blizzard to nerf a class when the majority of people who play the class, make it look crap. They don't want to make the "sucks" "suckier".
    Forgive me, but what you're saying is stupid. Why would hunters be played by more stupid people than other classes? It's statistically impossible if you take the millions of people playing WoW. The only reason you think that way is because it's a lot easier to spot a hunter when he's not playing correctly than most other classes (talking about PvP obviously). Simple example: the two classes that really require to kite a 100% of the time are hunter and mage. And it's a lot easier to kite as a mage (I play both hunter and mage, so I think I'm being pretty objective here). Just because of that. It's way easier to see when a hunter doesn't know how to kite than it is with a mage.
    And it's pretty much the same thing with the dps. Again it's a lot easier to do some good burst with a mage than it is with a hunter (MM, at least). I'm not saying Mage is easier than hunter but simply that some mistakes are easy to do with a hunter while some others are easy to correct with a mage.

And to the people talking about 1v1: I don't even think it's that important. But for what I think: It's indeed impossible to beat any half descent healer as a hunter. And right now as of this patch a hunter should also generally lose against: Ele, Balance, Shadow and even Fire Mage if they get a Pyro proc before dying (Basically, ranged classes that can heal).
    I used to not lose against any dps in s10 but it's really changed since then. Even a good feral can now beat a hunter if he manages to put bleeds on him, and then just survives long enough. Hunter is still a strong class in 1v1 but not as much as before.
    Last edited by Neidrah; 2012-06-19 at 12:57 AM.

I love my hunter. I've been whispered by Horde on my realm who have made alts after world pvp to tell me I am great. I am full Cata with Vial(although I do have both pvp trinks.) RBG's, ugh, hard to find a spot. Arenas? Forget about it, this class has been forgotten about by Blizzard since arenas began. I keep plugging along and having fun. My biggest disappointment, I was really hoping RBG's would help us to shine, that hasn't been the case. I am glad that I am able to gear up by capping every week. It's made my Justicar grind on this toon way more fun.

Nope. It is next to impossible to solo kill any healer 1v1, assuming they have a brain and so resi in PvP. There's a reason why hunters in 2's with healers don't work, and that's because they don't do enough damage to pressure. Ask any healer who has good experience in any form of PvP and they'll tell you that hunter damage is laughable in 1v1.

Also, as far as DPSers are concerned, affliction warlocks, fire mages and boomkins can also be tricky should there be something to LOS with, as the hunter has no way to self-heal himself back up, as well as any passive damage mitigation to sustain. This is because we're extremely fragile to DoT damage - dots tick through detterence and our pets are also easy targets to be dot'd up against.
    Last edited by Drakoes; 2012-06-19 at 04:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    The only way I can kill a healer in PvP is under the following conditions:

1 They are alone
    2 They get cocky and start letting themselves dip low
    3 I have Scatter, Silence, and Monkey Blind off cooldown

Even then, this is a 50-50 chance, and I'm full Cataclysmic with 416 ranged and melee weapons.

I dont even bother wasting GCDs or focus on Widow Venom, and only Tranq when vital-dispel buffs are up (Innervate, Bloodlust/Heroism, Power Infusion, Hand of Protection, ect)

I can take a Boomkin relatively easily in a battleground as long as he doesnt have trees up.
    Affliction Warlocks are only a problem when using a Succubus. OP 30yd range no cooldown shadow damage Lash of Pain >.>
    Fire mages are laughable. Specced for Concussive Barrage and Glyphed for Concussive Shot, you should have little to no trouble with them, as long as you save Monkey Blind for an Impact stun, then can scatter and pet swap for a second.

My real trouble classes are actually well played rogues, death knights (Unholy especially, with a pet to eat traps), and Ferals.
    Its really a kiting game, and DKs and Ferals pretty much win those due to their "unslowable" status.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    The only way I can kill a healer in PvP is under the following conditions:

1 They are alone
    2 They get cocky and start letting themselves dip low
    3 I have Scatter, Silence, and Monkey Blind off cooldown

Even then, this is a 50-50 chance, and I'm full Cataclysmic with 416 ranged and melee weapons.

I dont even bother wasting GCDs or focus on Widow Venom, and only Tranq when vital-dispel buffs are up (Innervate, Bloodlust/Heroism, Power Infusion, Hand of Protection, ect)

I can take a Boomkin relatively easily in a battleground as long as he doesnt have trees up.
    Affliction Warlocks are only a problem when using a Succubus. OP 30yd range no cooldown shadow damage Lash of Pain >.>
    Fire mages are laughable. Specced for Concussive Barrage and Glyphed for Concussive Shot, you should have little to no trouble with them, as long as you save Monkey Blind for an Impact stun, then can scatter and pet swap for a second.

My real trouble classes are actually well played rogues, death knights (Unholy especially, with a pet to eat traps), and Ferals.
    Its really a kiting game, and DKs and Ferals pretty much win those due to their "unslowable" status.
    It should never be a 50-50 chance against healer lol. Ask any good healer. He won't lose against hunter. No way.

Boomkin should win against you with equal gear/skill. As he can just spam dot/starfall/trees/hots and you should go down before him.

Fire mages should not be laughable lol. You can see videos of good hunters losing against good fire mages. (You can see Zumio for example, who's pretty descent, losing against Razghul in one of his videos). I consider myself an experienced/pretty good hunter, and I've personally lost against fire mages although I didn't let them nova/DB me even once in the duel. They can just do more dmg than me if they're lucky. If they get a Pyro proc, they have a big chance of winning, as combustion can easily do 60% of your health if not more. What you're saying about Impact is just not even important to me, since it's not even the problem. And I would probably not even use a monkey against a fire mage, as a nether ray would be more efficient.