Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sadly only playing because there isnt much better to play on the PC scene.

I think this constant grind for gear wont keep it going for long, and since there are no laders anymore because of RMAH, D3 gona sadly be forgotten pretty soon I think, unless they pump content to it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Even if you accept that d2 was stale and bad at the start (something I don't agree with) I don't agree with the principle that it's okay for them to have to go through all the same bullshit over again and make you buy an expac so they can relearn everything. As for it being a redesign, it really isn't all that much of a redesign as the basic game is still pretty much the same thing.
    D2 was fine by itself I think. LOD is the reason it managed to last for 10 years. That's also my opinion but it's pretty hard to see D2 running along like it has for a decade without it.

Gotta go and work now. Later.

Just to reiterate.

The existance AH affected what drop rates they chose for items (low) but the AH inventory does not dynamically affect drop rates real time.

I've made 700 dollars off of D3, why would I stop.

Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    Some people can't handle challenges ingame, seems you fit into that category.

Infracted
    Because we all know farming the AH for items is a huge challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I'll agree with that, that they may have tuned drop rates from the outset with the AH in mind. That's something I can get on board with. The only claim that's been put down is "on-the-fly" drop rate adjustment depending on AH item availability.
    It makes total sense from their perspective. I understand their logic and rational 100% if you accept the principle that they had to have an AH in the game and take responsibility for the games economy, then this change makes absolute sense. I don't accept the principle that they had to have an AH in the game though.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the player, not the game. You getting bored with games faster than you did 10 years ago is not indicative of a problem with D3. As a previous poster said, Diablo 3 is a worthy successor to Diablo 2.

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    cherb, Imma have to switch back to my Daryl avatar, so we can have two Walking Dead chars on MMO ^^

OT: Diablo 3 is still fun for me, having a blast. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    You can beat the game without AH ... oh wait that's too [insert excuse here]

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by jahasafrat View Post
    It's the player, not the game. You getting bored with games faster than you did 10 years ago is not indicative of a problem with D3. As a previous poster said, Diablo 3 is a worthy successor to Diablo 2.
    Nope. Look I play the crap out of Skyrim but I can recognize that Skyrim is not even remotely all that different from Oblivion or Morrowind. I'm not bored of that formula 10 years later so why would I be bored of diablo 3 10 years later?. I also was not bored of the time I spent in Torchlight 2 which in many ways is far more retro and regressive then diablo 3 is. Simply it's because diablo 3 is not a worthy successor to diablo 2.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    its not that i hate d3, i love the gameplay, the graphics are decent, the story is horrendous but the biggest thing i look at is the fact it took them 10 years to release this and quite frankly its nothing more than d2 with updated graphics and an auction house.

i dunno call me a stickler but i was a tad underwhelmed

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    Amen to that, Blizzard seem to have gotten into a very annoying mindset, that more difficulties equals more content when it, in fact, just hurts the overall impression long-term since you'll be sick and tired of it way to early
    I've been saying this about WoW for years now...

I've seen both versions of games. Games with multiple difficulties and games where you just had to work harder the further you got. Every time I play a game with multiple difficulties I pick the one where I think I will have a challenge, most likely normal/hard, and after that I am simply done. Doing the same thing on a harder difficulty is just not exciting. But when you have to overcome a difficult part of the game to see brand new content then you are at least motivated, more than when you get 10 lame achievementpoints.

I don't play Diablo but when I hear my friends who actually suck at games are already clearing inferno and I see so many people here saying they cleared it already I can understand you are already sick of it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    i played through normal mode, finished the story, started nightmare mode and made it act 2 before giving up and rerolling a new toon (over the course of about 2 weeks)

the thought of playing through the same story arc 4 times over to get to max level, as well as the amount of ridiculously shitty random gear i got kinda put me off.
    A lot of ppl have said something similar and also stated harder modes does not equal content. But....isn't that what the Diablo game style is? Diablo is about playing the same act or same quest even over and over and over grinding for the gear drops. This is a grinding game. The AH has made it easier to get gear but it is still a grinding style game. I understand not everyone likes this repeat game play style, but also, this isn't a once you beat normal mode you are done type of game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm burnt out on it after playing it for a month, and honestly I don't expect myself to be playing it again any time soon; primarily because I don't feel like farming money for stuff on the AH. Who knows, I might play it again when the expansion (if there is one) comes out.

D3 was pretty much exactly as I expected, if anything a little better.
    Took a bunch of the annoying crap in D2 and threw it out the window, and added some new cool stuff instead.
    Though personally tbh I didn't think D2 was that fucking awesome the first few months.
    It was cool to be sure, but after reaching hell and getting mauled endlessly by Duriel in the garbage gear I found (as when you played alone you really did get piss all gear compared to D3, even without using the AH), I sure got tired of it. Didn't pick it up again until LoD came out, and even then it took a few patches before it really kicked off for me.
    Conclusion? D2 was great in the long run, as it kept improving over the years.
    D3 has been out a month? It cannot be compared to D2 at this point, its like comparing Heroes 6 that came out half a year ago to heroes 5 after all the xps and patches had settled.
    Though to be quite frank, I think Blizz have done an amazing job with D3, and I sure hope they keep it up with the first expansion! Even if it stayed exactly like it is now, for the next 2-3 years, Id likely be playing it still.
    I guess it's not for everyone though. But I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by jahasafrat View Post
    So what? Players getting bored faster is still a problem. If you release the same shit for 10 years long then the only one to blame for people getting sick of it is you. But yes, the game is perfect for someone who hasn't played videogames before... That are exactly the people you don't really have to convince to buy your game or are easy to convince to buy your game. They should seriously focus more on hardcore/experienced gamers instead of trying to bring in new blood and thus taking the easy way out.

---------- Post added 2012-06-18 at 10:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Katfish View Post
    A lot of ppl have said something similar and also stated harder modes does not equal content. But....isn't that what the Diablo game style is? Diablo is about playing the same act or same quest even over and over and over grinding for the gear drops. This is a grinding game. The AH has made it easier to get gear but it is still a grinding style game. I understand not everyone likes this repeat game play style, but also, this isn't a once you beat normal mode you are done type of game.
    If it's about grinding then why not remove normal and hell and go straight to nightmare and inferno?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    So what? Players getting bored faster is still a problem. If you release the same shit for 10 years long then the only one to blame for people getting sick of it is you. But yes, the game is perfect for someone who hasn't played videogames before... That are exactly the people you don't really have to convince to buy your game or are easy to convince to buy your game. They should seriously focus more on hardcore/experienced gamers instead of trying to bring in new blood and thus taking the easy way out.[COLOR="red"]
    Actually I don't even think that's true. This game is BORING for new people who don't play video games. What's the appeal? It's repetitive, lacks immersion, and it's not even all that great to look at. The model isn't all that interesting or new, even at harder difficulties the challenge is ostensibly to gear oneself. This game WAS made for hardcores IMO and not new blood people that's one reason so many are upset about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think its REALLY FUN i love the whole "HULK SMASH"!! gameplay on my barbar, that is what i enyoy, getting better gear fast through the AH just make's it more fun =) i dont play for the story.. (or atleast not other then the first playthrough) so i dont mind it begin over and over the same =P i just wanna smash mobs for the heck of it ^^ i played torchlight 1 for barely 30 hours.. and my barbar har like 110 by now =P not too mention the other toons ^^ so diablo has gotta be doing something rite

These posts are dime a dozen these days... dunno what it really serves. Are you trying to be convinced to continue to play?

For me, I itch all day to get home and play D3. It's a great game IMO and it's brough out the gamer in all levels of people from noobs to hardcore. It's truely a game that I can play with my wife and family as well, which is good for me since that'll get my off my 60 to play up alts with them.

I see myself playing for years to come and can't wait for expansions, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonic View Post
    These posts are dime a dozen these days...
    I expect that they are. It doesn't say much for Diablo 3 mind you.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-06-18 at 10:44 PM.