Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Geeks need your help!

I need to know if my professor can see my logs,and sites i visit with his monitoring software(basically,we have like 20 computers in class,all of which are connected to his one,main computer,and he has this monitoring software where he can control which sites we are visiting),if i browse using this site http://anonymouse.org/anonwww.html ?

THANKS A BUNCH!

Didn't you post this same thread to get around monitoring for a programming class?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Didn't you post this same thread to get around monitoring for a programming class?
    Yes,i sometimes wonder how good of a memory you people have...

Deleted
    Yes he can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try doing some work at school and that way you'll end up doing better in life.

If you really want to annoy them (only do this if you're under the age of about 12 or you'll look like a moron) is to do what I used to do and sit there with a word document open and in huge font write a hello message to your teacher.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2012-06-18 at 01:33 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoitsme View Post
    I need to know if my professor can see my logs,and sites i visit with his monitoring software(basically,we have like 20 computers in class,all of which are connected to his one,main computer,and he has this monitoring software where he can control which sites we are visiting),if i browse using this site http://anonymouse.org/anonwww.html ?

THANKS A BUNCH!
    if it's connected like my classes are he can see exactly what you see on the screen and yes they can block content on the web

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Try doing some work at school and that way you'll end up doing better in life.
    So you never cheated on tests?

---------- Post added 2012-06-18 at 01:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    if it's connected like my classes are he can see exactly what you see on the screen and yes they can block content on the web
    Blocking and watching my screen isn't really the issue,the issue is that he can see my logs,and sites i visited.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I didn't need to and I still don't, I remember things very well with minimal amounts of revision. Call it luck call it intelligence call it what you will but it's served me well so far.

I got the university offers and all grades prior to that by being intelligent, as people also in the same position are.

Unless you count a french test when I was about 14 (being a chemistry student it makes it highly irrelevent) then no, I've not. Because I know the answers. Try learning the course (it's not that hard, that's why so many people graduate it) and you'll be fine.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    No I didn't need to and I still don't, I remember things very well with minimal amounts of revision. Call it luck call it intelligence call it what you will but it's served me well so far.

I got the university offers and all grades prior to that by being intelligent, as people also in the same position are.

Unless you count a french test when I was about 14 (being a chemistry student it makes it highly irrelevent) then no, I've not. Because I know the answers. Try learning the course (it's not that hard, that's why so many people graduate it) and you'll be fine.
    You must be very proud of yourself!

If normal to cheat on some courses,which you're not really good at,or don't have time to study for.

10+ Year Old Account
    To an extent. #can't.tell.if.sarcastic

However to come onto a forum and go "HOW CAN I CHEAT ON MY TEST" is pretty low to be honest.

The number of tests in your school life where it makes any difference whatsoever if you pass or fail is probably less than 20, and you'll sit 100s of tests. If it's an irrelevent one then fail it and learn it for the important one.

Most likely, he can. It would help to know exactly what software he uses.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you never cheated on tests?[COLOR="red"]

Blocking and watching my screen isn't really the issue,the issue is that he can see my logs,and sites i visited.
    well yeah that would be easy and seriously you have to cheat on tests?

If normal to cheat on some courses,which you're not really good at,or don't have time to study for.
    No, it's not normal.

10+ Year Old Account

no, it's not "normal" you study or you fail thats how normal people do it.

I never cheated on tests nor helped any one cheat, and still always had good marks, don't know what's the problem there (and with the french low you really don't want to be caught cheating on a exam "that matters")

and OT : with those software they can see whatever you see, and you don't have any way to bypass it ((theoretically) except maybe using some pretty advanced vulnerability in the system). however, I don't know this site, but if it's acting as a proxy your teacher won't have any possibility to filter what you look for in the Internet using that proxy. He will still be able to see what you're doing and could eventually block you from using the proxy (forcing you to find a new proxy, which he could then block, and so on and so forth...).

I guess the best thing you could do if you really don't want to do what you're asked to do is either talk to it with you teacher after the class and ask him a "permission" (if you're a really good student and he's nice enough it should work, I was able to skip some really boring "mandatory" classes by talking sensibly to my teachers), or just wait for the class to end looking at the wall/drawing on a piece of paper.

Deleted
    Sorry,i forgot i was asking geeks...(not insulting)

10+ Year Old Account
    See you added this after.

No it's not normal to cheat on tests. If you're not good at it you're meant to not get an A, that's how the system and society works. Real life is NOT the carebear cuddle society - some people are good at some things and bad at others, which yet more others excel at. Not everyone is good at everything.

Not got time to study? Unless you REQUIRE that job to support someone or to continue to be educated, stop doing it. Busy gaming? Stop gaming. Busy going out? Stop going out. Got a girlfriend? If she loves rather than likes, she'll understand. Got a kid? Shoulda put something on the end of it.

Honestly there really is very little excuse - some things, you make time for.

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsme
    No, actually, that is insulting. Also, don't ask for help from people you clearly don't like or respect. Oh, and you play one of the games this sites supports and then post on its forums and you're NOT a geek? That's impossible really - posting on fan forum websites and not being a geek are mutually exclusive
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2012-06-18 at 01:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethan View Post
    I never cheated on tests nor helped any one cheat, and still always had good marks, don't know what's the problem there (and with the french low you really don't want to be caught cheating on a exam "that matters")

and OT : with those software they can see whatever you see, and you don't have any way to bypass it ((theoretically) except maybe using some pretty advanced vulnerability in the system). however, I don't know this site, but if it's acting as a proxy your teacher won't have any possibility to filter what you look for in the Internet using that proxy. He will still be able to see what you're doing and could eventually block you from using the proxy (forcing you to find a new proxy, which he could then block, and so on and so forth...).

I guess the best thing you could do if you really don't want to do what you're asked to do is either talk to it with you teacher after the class and ask him a "permission" (if you're a really good student and he's nice enough it should work, I was able to skip some really boring "mandatory" classes by talking sensibly to my teachers), or just wait for the class to end looking at the wall/drawing on a piece of paper.
    That was the answer i was looking for,thanks man.

Deleted
    How was it not? I suggest you find an alternate site to see if they can offer a solution to your dilemma.

Deleted
    See you added this after.

No it's not normal to cheat on tests. If you're not good at it you're meant to not get an A, that's how the system and society works. Real life is NOT the carebear cuddle society - some people are good at some things and bad at others, which yet more others excel at. Not everyone is good at everything.

Not got time to study? Unless you REQUIRE that job to support someone or to continue to be educated, stop doing it. Busy gaming? Stop gaming. Busy going out? Stop going out. Got a girlfriend? If she loves rather than likes, she'll understand. Got a kid? Shoulda put something on the end of it.

Honestly there really is very little excuse - some things, you make time for.
    The thing is,i'm not trying to get A,I want to pass it,and take time for tests and courses that really matter to me.

---------- Post added 2012-06-18 at 01:54 PM ----------

No, actually, that is insulting. Also, don't ask for help from people you clearly don't like or respect. Oh, and you play one of the games this sites supports and then post on its forums and you're NOT a geek? That's impossible really - posting on fan forum websites and not being a geek are mutually exclusive
    First of all,how did you come to conclusion that i don't respect geeks?And who said i'm not a geek myself?