Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"Required Stats"

So IAS is getting nerfed because it was too powerful and blizz did not want players feeling like they had to stack it. Fine no big deal.

Then WTF about All res. Obviously we all have to stack all res to fairly high amounts but this, to Blizz, doesn't detract from fun the same way as having to stack IAS?

I do not really care about the IAS nerf and not in any way QQing about it. It just seems odd for them to nerf a stat because too many people feel it is a required stat while having a stat that is 100% required.

Personally I find it quite boring that most of my items have All Res on it and will always have to.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

All Res is only required on Melee, and since Blizzard seems to hate Melee, it makes sense that it's not getting "fixed".

Quote Originally Posted by Celidion View Post
    All Res is only required on Melee, and since Blizzard seems to hate Melee, it makes sense that it's not getting "fixed".
    Touche.

/10 char

yeah. eventhough i have a plenty of all resist. still dead on act 3.. sad

10+ Year Old Account
    Resist All mechanics is terrible and bugged..

In Act1, I don't bother moving out of Plague/Descecration (even when they are on top of each other), because it's almost negated completely..
    In Act2, I can't survive a single Champ-pack alone..

In order to get more RA, I need to pay in excess of 2M gold per item. And that would be increases in the amount of 10-15.. That's not gonna happen!

I dont think infernal is to hard ATM its just the climb ACT 1 to ACT 2 is more like Normal to hell, they should just make it more linear so if u can clear act1 with your gear u can atleast go to act 2 and say 50% or 75 % in act 2 then get beter gear

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

In Act1, I don't bother moving out of Plague/Descecration (even when they are on top of each other), because it's almost negated completely..

In order to get more RA, I need to pay in excess of 2M gold per item. And that would be increases in the amount of 10-15.. That's not gonna happen!
    You are either exaggerateing by alot or doing something wrong.

They will be nerfing IAS because it is a too powerful stat. Seems very obvious to me. An item with 15% IAS gives what, a few thousand in dps increase? That does not seem insane to people? (The following is just my thoughts and have nothing to do with stats): Feels like if you would be comparing IAS to example strength, and STR would be as strong, then I could go all out on Vit/Res All, get two or three items with STR and still have a decent amount of DPS. Then Strength would be way too powerful, and need a nerf. It should be "needed" on "all" items, no?

IAS is getting nerfed because people feel like they need it, because it gives the most. It may get to the point that you skip another stat, that should be good, for IAS.
    GM of Roiyaru - Frostmane. Ilinára, Combat rogue. So good at stealth I can't even find myself.

What class do you play ... barb can clear act II with 5-10 mil gear easily and monk should have cheaper gear.

---------- Post added 2012-06-18 at 08:59 AM ----------

What is weird about resist all is that it doubles the function of armor. Bonus armor and resist all do the same thing.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Question here about Monk resistances... do I need to just stack 1 resistance then use the Mantra of Healing with the passive that ups all my resistances to the highest?

One With Everything = Your resistance to all elements is equal to your highest element resistance. Does this mean I can just stack 1 of the resistance? Would make it very easy to get high resistance early in Hell...

I just started Hell and I want to be prepared

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    Question here about Monk resistances... do I need to just stack 1 resistance then use the Mantra of Healing with the passive that ups all my resistances to the highest?

One With Everything = Your resistance to all elements is equal to your highest element resistance. Does this mean I can just stack 1 of the resistance? Would make it very easy to get high resistance early in Hell...

To survive early Inferno I went with a tactic of getting gear with +All AND +Physical (Alternatively, +Fire) Resist on as many pieces as possible. This means that not only do all your Resists go up but you push that one Resist even further so essentially it's like having two chunks of All Resist on each piece of gear when using the Passiev. I went with Physical because it's the most universally required and comprises a large chunk of the damage in the game so when you CAN'T afford to use the Passive, you've still got a fair buffer against damage.

In early gear levels, this makes all the difference in survivability. That Passive is God-Like.

Deleted
    Here's how I expect they will do item balancing. In future patches they will nerf existing items just like they are doing IAS soon, but they will never buff old items like they plan to do with legendaries in future (only new legendary items that drop will get buffed). This way they will get most out of RMAH.

After they nerf IAS, maybe players will feel like they have to stack crit+crit damage and it will probably get nerfed next and I wouldn't be surprised if they later decided to buff IAS again but only buff it for new items that drop.
    Last edited by mmoca7d06c4104; 2012-06-18 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leipuri View Post
    After they nerf IAS, maybe players will feel like they have to stack crit+crit damage and it will probably get nerfed next and I wouldn't be surprised if they later decided to buff IAS again but only buff it for new items that drop.
    Maybe, but you can have the game beaten 10 times over by then.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Veranya View Post
    They will be nerfing IAS because it is a too powerful stat. Seems very obvious to me. An item with 15% IAS gives what, a few thousand in dps increase? That does not seem insane to people? (The following is just my thoughts and have nothing to do with stats): Feels like if you would be comparing IAS to example strength, and STR would be as strong, then I could go all out on Vit/Res All, get two or three items with STR and still have a decent amount of DPS. Then Strength would be way too powerful, and need a nerf. It should be "needed" on "all" items, no?

IAS is getting nerfed because people feel like they need it, because it gives the most. It may get to the point that you skip another stat, that should be good, for IAS.
    good job not commenting on the topic. Talking about how 1 stat viewed as required (ias) being nerfed because blizz has stated they do not want there to be a OP must have stat. While all melee are stuck stacking the most boring 100% required stat as if that is fun.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    good job not commenting on the topic. Talking about how 1 stat viewed as required (ias) being nerfed because blizz has stated they do not want there to be a OP must have stat. While all melee are stuck stacking the most boring 100% required stat as if that is fun.
    You know the funny part? People are going to stack it MORE so this didn't really help like at all. All it did was make monks bad now in there current gear

Ahahaha

Touche blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post

As a monk, try to stack one of the really crappy resists, like poison, cold or arcane, and then all-ress. Get both stats on most of your gear and then you'll be golden.

You only need to stack all resist so heavily because Act 2-4 damage is high (and other, more complex reasons.) It's being nerfed.

Balance is not done in a vacuum.

A good example of why attack speed is messed up. I'm wearing 2 lowbie blue rings that I bought for 10k each off the AH. Each one is like 65 int/15% ias. I'm not sure what it's like in the 10mil+ gold range since I never search that high, but there's nothing I can get that will be an upgrade over those rings unless it also has 15% ias. How much crit can you get on a ring? In the stuff I'm looking at, somewhere like 4%? Crit damage? Like 35? Both of those absolutely pale in comparison to 15% attack speed. IAS itemization is completely busted and needs to be brought in line with other stats.

Got 550 AR, 40k hp, 13k dps. Ive died twice in act II so far and thats by accidentally getting feared into a second pack of elites. Almost everything else i can take standing still apart from the odd moving out of desecration/arcane laser. Few of my pieces cost lost than 75k and i got 3/4 from drops

10+ Year Old Account
    IAS can be converted to an equivalent for main stat values for each class and people will figure it out again once it's nerfed so you can compare Main Stat vs IAS only items. Also it's not like you can have Mainstat X 2 on an item so it is still going to be popular to get Stat + IAS items if your looking for more DPS.

The problem with All Resist/Vit/Armor is it is required for some classes to progress on Inferno (Melee) and takes such an insane amount of gear which can't really be farmed for it to make even the slightest difference (Ranged) that most people either hit a brick wall or just completely ignore it in favor of DPS boosts.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.