Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Diablo 3 offline crack

Hackers found a way to play Diablo 3 offline.
    Link from a german site is all I've found so far

http://www.gamezone.de/Diablo-3-PC-2...haltet-891574/

Apparently an emulated server tells your computer that there is a connection to battle net.

Just to clarify, I don't want to encourage players to do that.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-06-18 at 03:42 PM.

Deleted
    Old news, hun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this is a suitable topic to discuss on these forums?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Old news, hun.
    Wait, what?
    Today's date and it's the first time I've heard of it.

So far everybodies been saying it's not possible because of how the data is stored on the servers.

I'd be interested purely to know how ridiculously broken it is.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Deleted
    Skidrow made an emulator server for it, but it's very buggy, they need a real lot of info. Probably ain't gonna be finished in next couple months or more. Sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Wait, what?

So far everybodies been saying it's not possible because of how the data is stored on the servers.
    Which is still true. Anything that happens with these offline servers is not reflected in your online game with Blizzard.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

You don't want to encourage it...

But you tell people about it that didn't previously know about it...

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Old news, hun.
    Not everyone is you, hun. Stfu.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Which is still true. Anything that happens with these offline servers is not reflected in your online game with Blizzard.
    But I thought that means all of the monsters and that stuff is on Blizzard's servers, which means offline mode would just be an empty world. That was the argument a lot of the players brought when there was a discussion about how Blizzard should add an offline mode. That it was basically not possible.

Wait, what?

We deleted a thread yesterday of someone offering a crack, but the thread itself looked really sketchy since he advertised some mounts and whatnot you'd get from using the patch so it may as well just have been another trick to spread a trojan horse.

But there were already some server emulators for the beta, so I'm not surprised there are some for the live version.

But I thought that means all of the monsters and that stuff is on Blizzard's servers, which means offline mode would just be an empty world. That was the argument a lot of the players brought when there was a discussion about how Blizzard should add an offline mode. That it was basically not possible.
    From what I understand it's more like that the server updates the client with combat data (position checks, damage numbers and loot rolls) but other stuff is already present on the client (like AI and monster spawning etc.).
    Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2012-06-18 at 03:52 PM.

You can get you char inside the game and run around. Thats it.
    Of course, Diablo 3 server emulator would be easier to make than WoW, but i bet that it will never be 100% blizz like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post

I don't want anyone to think it's ok to do that.
    But certainly we can discuss that this exists.

To me the most astonishing thing is that it's even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    You can get you char inside the game and run around. Thats it.
    Of course, Diablo 3 server emulator would be easier to make than WoW, but i bet that it will never be 100% blizz like.
    Well that's not really a game then.

Wait, what?

Yeah, very old news. People did this during beta with a program that has the word moo in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    he advertised some mounts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    it may as well just have been another trick to spread a trojan horse.
    I see what you did there...

OT: Personally I don't think an emulator will ever live up to the real experience anyway, it just isn't the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    OT: Personally I don't think an emulator will ever live up to the real experience anyway, it just isn't the same.
    Yeah, what would D3 be without crippling lag spikes & random connection dumps?

I'd be seriously tempted by a passable offline emulator personally, but I'd be held back by the prospect of risking getting my non-D3 games locked out along with D3 if something stuffed up (is that how they work? i honestly have no idea, i just assume it's a battle.net wide account ban). Risking my D3 license alone would be of 0 concern to me because I've quit playing it anyway... I do not find it fun at the service quality they provide AU/NZ. Piracy etc is pretty rife here anyway what with the delayed/expensive/etc releases many companies do.

There's certainly a lot of demand for it out amongst the community so it is just a question of time & how good the final product(s) are. If the server is only required for combat + loot rolls it's a lot more plausible than if there's (e.g.) map selection+coordination going on.
    Last edited by lakhesis; 2012-06-18 at 04:08 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless, you are still connecting to someones emulated server so unless you are running the server on your own computer is not an offline mode. While I would love an offline mode it would need to be completely isolated from online modes meaning no AH not Trading ect. The biggest problem with D2 were stat changer hacks and eBay items/characters that ruined the fun of the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivaji View Post
    Regardless, you are still connecting to someones emulated server so unless you are running the server on your own computer is not an offline mode. While I would love an offline mode it would need to be completely isolated from online modes meaning no AH not Trading ect. The biggest problem with D2 were stat changer hacks and eBay items/characters that ruined the fun of the game.
    Don't think it's a big leap to assume, if you had access to the software, that you could run an emulated server on your personal computer, particularly if the method could be refined. You have to realize that these people aren't necessarily interested in actually enabling people, or refining the software they used. It is more about the being able to break the program. Kinda like visiting some remote mountain somewhere; it's a thrill to get there but you wouldn't want to live there.

Like the OP, I'm actually very interested in the topic itself, which is why it is so frustrating that I don't speak german. Would love to read the article, if it has any direct information how it was actually done. The fact that it is possible, despite all the people who said it couldn't be done, alone is interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Don't think it's a big leap to assume, if you had access to the software, that you could run an emulated server on your personal computer, particularly if the method could be refined. You have to realize that these people aren't necessarily interested in actually enabling people, or refining the software they used. It is more about the being able to break the program. Kinda like visiting some remote mountain somewhere; it's a thrill to get there but you wouldn't want to live there.

Like the OP, I'm actually very interested in the topic itself, which is why it is so frustrating that I don't speak german. Would love to read the article, if it has any direct information how it was actually done. The fact that it is possible, despite all the people who said it couldn't be done, alone is interesting.
    Yeah I'm so sorry, but the german article is the only thing I've found so far. I intend to link an english article when I find one, or when I have the time I will translate the german article.

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post

it's called "news"; whenver you hear about a car crash or a robbery in news, do you feel encouraged to crash your car and rob a bank? think before writing...