Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Reputation with PvP factions...

Anyone else think its time to find a better way to get reputation with the defilers and WSG? Been playing this game for 6 years now and still not exalted with anyone else then the frostwolf clan

As someone who has grind it all out myself I have no trouble backing you up on this one. It really is beyond tedious how long it takes to get exalted WSG rep and to a lesser extent AB. I would in no way whine about it because as I said, I have taken the time to do it. I just think there should be a better way to go about it. My biggest concern isn't even the time commitment, it is the fact that the way random bg's work (meaning you only get the bonus honor/conq pts from doing those or the bg weekend). Back in the day when I completed it, it was possible to just queue for what you wanted to and grind it. The way it works now you certainly have that option, however, doing so would mean you are skipping out on the other rewards available. I just don't believe it is right to have someone choose between grinding the rep they want and missing out on the bonus, or going for the bonus and never being able to acquire the rep needed as it is a huge mountain even if you grind it out straight. It is a tricky subject and I understand that. How to go about changing it I don;t have a clue. It obviously would never go back to the time before random queues so as long as they exist, I have no idea how it could be possible without an incentive. I do hope it is changed to make it easier to grind the bg of you choice without the penalty of missing the bonus, but I for one do not have a solution.

Deleted
    Just thinking about trying to get exalted with these factions atm makes me wanna cry and flip a table.
    Rep should be given for every player you kill in those bgs aswell imo. Would make it less of a nigthmare.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Well they were all added in vanilla, and were hardly ever changed - so they are quite dated in terms of increasing your standing with them. Doubt it'll change though.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I've never actually gone after any of them but I do PvP alot. I'm exalted with everyone but WSG. WSG goes crazy slow!

PS. I've been playing since BC though.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Been playing my hunter since start of S10, exalted with my AV faction and 20% through honored with the other two.

Seriously. This is horrible.

It is what it is.

Just like 100,000 hks is 100,000 hks (which requires more time than these factions)

10+ Year Old Account
    it should be hard to get.this game is way to easy as is,and achs will only get easier.wsg rep is not that hard to get it you pvp alot.

It takes approximately 400 WSG wins to become exalted. I started a thread on the official forums which rekindled the long-debated topic (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...9915997?page=1). Shortly after, the same question was brought up in an open QA with the developers. I don't have a link to the question and response, but it basically said the same nonsense we're used to at this point - we think it's fine the way it is.

I just finished the grind on my DK last month and my opinion on the matter remains the same.

Honestly, if AB and WSG weekends weren't so damn far apart I wouldn't mind it. But, you have to wait 8 weeks between Call to Arms and its just a bit rediculous now.

I guess they could add the rep bonuses in the with Random BG rewards, but its still a PITA.

Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    Honestly, if AB and WSG weekends weren't so damn far apart I wouldn't mind it. But, you have to wait 8 weeks between Call to Arms and its just a bit rediculous now.
    There will always be a CTA available in MoP. So yes, they will be able to cycle through battlegrounds much faster.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/617...-6_5_2012#blog

Deleted
    35 rep per flag = 12'000 flags for exalted (42'000rep)= 400 WSG 3 flag wins (363 and two flags if you have guild rep bonus)
    It's a major pain, i agree and the single fact that makes me conqueror/justicar a step above the insane one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ayashi View Post
    35 rep per flag = 12'000 flags for exalted (42'000rep)= 400 WSG 3 flag wins (363 and two flags if you have guild rep bonus)
    It's a major pain, i agree and the single fact that makes me conqueror/justicar a step above the insane one.
    battle-master use to require max rep with all battle grounds,"thats when i got mine"so when i started playing wow again in cata,i assumed everyone with b-master had justicar and the like.then i learned the rep requirement was taken out of the ach.so to me,people that got the b-master ach post nerf did so in a "lesser/tainted" way.the same can be said if blizz ever "nerfed" the rep grind in bgs "wsg".if people had to spend alot of hours grinding bg rep for a title,then it should remain "hard" to do now.why lessen it and take away from the difficulty of the achievement.if people do not want to "try" hard for the bg rep,then go do something else.hell you can stand afk in a bg and still get the same rep as the people actually trying to win.the bg rep grind is fine as it is.actually its to easy to get rep in some bgs like av,it should be made harder if anything.
    Last edited by meathead; 2012-06-19 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well they were all added in vanilla, and were hardly ever changed - so they are quite dated in terms of increasing your standing with them. Doubt it'll change though.
    In vanilla you received BG marks, win or lose, and you could turn those in for reputation. No longer.

"Nerf nerf nerf".

This is why the game is in its current state, because every time someone sees something mildly difficult they ask for nerfs. Just do it, everyone else (who has it) did.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Wait for the Call to Arms weekend to come for said BG's, makes it alot easier
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Xista View Post
    It is what it is.

Just like 100,000 hks is 100,000 hks (which requires more time than these factions)
    i have nearly 200k hks. i am about half way through revered with defilers. and only barely honored with warsong.

farming hks is far far easier then farming rep with these factions.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    i have nearly 200k hks. i am about half way through revered with defilers. and only barely honored with warsong.

If you did nothing but queue for WSG/AB you'll get those reps exalted well before you'll ever reach 100k hks. Probably not if you only queued for randoms. (Assuming you're not losing every single game). There are even some quests that boost your rep by around a 1000. I think they still exist in Cata.

The grind itself is fine imo. There are larger grinds in WoW and even in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post

I had about ~60k HKs when I got exalted with Warsong. Just queue for WSG straight - stop complaining, other people have done it, why can't you?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleinflex View Post
    Anyone else think its time to find a better way to get reputation with the defilers and WSG? Been playing this game for 6 years now and still not exalted with anyone else then the frostwolf clan
    It doesn't take much, really - about 300 wins or so. Seems like a lot, but if you can make a group to do AB or WSG with once a week and you win 10 games per week... 30 weeks or so to go from Neutral to Exalted, less than that if you're Human.

It may surprise you, but some achievements are actually supposed to be achievements.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow