Thread: Persona 3

Persona 3

A month or so ago, my brother let me use him ps3 for a bit, and one of the games he had was Persona 3. He told me this game was pretty damn amazing, so I decided to to give it a try. I went like 10 hours into that one, but he took his playstation back, so after a few weeks, I went out and bought Persona 3 Portable.

And I have to say... I don't know, but I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to this game. I don't know what it is or something, but I find it very hard to put down. It's also long as hell, as I have like 45 hours in it already, and my friends who've played before that's only like half way to completion.

The music is one of the more positive things about the game, although it gets pretty tiring hearing "Baby baby baby bay ooohhh" after grinding in the Tartarus for a while... and the concept of social links is a heaven and a hell, to me...

I guess what I want to say is that if you haven't tried it out, give it a shot, it is turn based, but I find it very enjoyable, and I don't like turn based games at all. If you have a psp, you can pick up persona 3 portable, or if you have a ps3, you can pick up For Everyone's Souls off the PSN, I think. This also is making me heavily consider buying a Vita just for the release of Persona 4 Golden.

If any one you have played it, what did you think?
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

Absolutely LOVE the Persona series. In my opinion, Persona 4 is even better than Persona 3. The *only* complaint I have is the one-hit kills against the main protagonist whilst you're leveling. Nothing more infuriating than leveling for an hour, and getting hit with a 1HKO, and getting a game over. Thankfully, in Persona 4, your allies will take the 1HKO (if you've got the relationship high enough, I think something as easy as 3/10 or something).

But yes, I fully agree, fantastic series, and I put # 3 and #4 in my top 10 video games of all time.

Oh, and FES doesn't stand for "For Everyone's Souls", it stands for "Festival". "According to the game's director, Katsura Hashino, the subtitle "Fes" is derived from the word "festival".[64]" Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Me...#Persona_3_FES

Persona 3 FES is probably the best jRPG to ever grace the consoles. It's my number two RPG of all time, first spot being taken by the Baldur's Gate saga. Great soundtrack, great immersion (spending a whole game year with the gang helps a lot and that's not just doing the RPG/combat stuff), fun combat, huge variety of persona's, great story, great ending and great graphics (at least if you like that kind of style). My only complaint was that I could not control all the characters.

Considering how late Persona 4 came out in the PS2 lifecycle I'm eagerly awaiting Persona 4 Golden on the Vita.

I also played Persona 1 remake on PSP, which was surprisingly good, I think I'll have to try Persona 2 duology as well.

Anyways.... -pulls the evolker- PERSONA!
    Last edited by Talorh; 2012-06-21 at 08:20 AM.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oddly the entire Persona series is as entertaining to watch as it is to play for me. There aren't a lot of games that I can sit back and watch someone play without getting bored, butthurt, or antsy to play it myself. I played the hell out of the first persona when it came out, but quickly found myself sitting back and enjoying it just as much watching my brother play.
    I haven't even played any of them since the first one, but have watched my brother play the series for literally hundreds of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Absolutely LOVE the Persona series. In my opinion, Persona 4 is even better than Persona 3. The *only* complaint I have is the one-hit kills against the main protagonist whilst you're leveling. Nothing more infuriating than leveling for an hour, and getting hit with a 1HKO, and getting a game over. Thankfully, in Persona 4, your allies will take the 1HKO (if you've got the relationship high enough, I think something as easy as 3/10 or something).

But yes, I fully agree, fantastic series, and I put # 3 and #4 in my top 10 video games of all time.

Oh, and FES doesn't stand for "For Everyone's Souls", it stands for "Festival". "According to the game's director, Katsura Hashino, the subtitle "Fes" is derived from the word "festival".[64]" Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Me...#Persona_3_FES
    That's interesting, I just assumed that's what it as because of the song, and it kind of made sense in my head... heh. And in Persona 3 Portable, you can fully control all of your characters, and you can choose to be a female if you want, which also changes the main battle theme.

Once I have some money, maybe I'll go check out the other ones.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594