Poll: Worst Blizzard Game?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpi View Post
    worst.. hmm I dunno for i never really played lost vikings or warcraft 1 so i cant say anything.
    Lost Vikings was a highly fun and highly addictive platform puzzle game in its day. I lost count of how many hours I logged on my Super Nintendo playing that game. It was that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Easily Diablo 3, a game that would have taken any other studio 2 years to make, but took them 10.

This is why Titan will never happen and have all the work done on it folded into the expansion after MoP (or the one after that)... because they dont employ enough people to properly develop 3 franchises, and are too miserly to hire the people to manage a fourth. Every other game development house in the world? One studio, one project. Blizzard? One studio, 3+ projects... and boy does it show.

And that is why, ladies and gents, Blizzard 2012 does not have the reputation of Blizzard 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    Easily Diablo 3, a game that would have taken any other studio 2 years to make, but took them 10.

This is why Titan will never happen and have all the work done on it folded into the expansion after MoP (or the one after that)... because they dont employ enough people to properly develop 3 franchises, and are too miserly to hire the people to manage a fourth. Every other game development house in the world? One studio, one project. Blizzard? One studio, 3+ projects... and boy does it show.

And that is why, ladies and gents, Blizzard 2012 does not have the reputation of Blizzard 2003.
    A lot of opinions and assumptions in there. And you know what they say about those: No one cares.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    still, based on the OP's request: do you believe diablo 3 is worst than diablo 1? it may not have added much, but it added something. do remember diablo 1 only had 3 classes at launch.

my vote went to WC2 (it would be WC1 if WC1 was there). it was a good game, but I feel all the other games on the list are at the very least slightly better than WC2.
    Adjusting for time absolutely d1 was miles ahead of d3. When it came out it was rather new fresh and exciting. D3 had none of those things going for it unfortunately.

---------- Post added 2012-06-19 at 12:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    A lot of opinions and assumptions in there. And you know what they say about those: No one cares.
    Yet you chose to reply to him. Obviously you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post

Bethesda:
    Fallout
    The Elder Scrolls

Valve:
    Half Life
    Team Fortress
    Counter Strike
    Portal
    Left 4 Dead

Bioware:
    Star Wars (MMO)RPG(s)
    Mass Effect
    Dragon Age

And those are just the works of those three other large game developers that I recall off the top of my head. There are many other developers, big and small, who work on more than one franchise.

Why leave out all the other games they've made? Death & Return of Superman is the worst one by far.

I voted Diablo 3 I dislike the first two as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    This poll doesn't work. Worst always implies bad, always. No matter how you try to quantify it in your post, it will always translate as "Which game did Blizzard make that you think sucked ass?"

It's a loaded question. It's like asking.. "What do you think is better: Murder or Rape?"
    No it doesn't. It implies that one is greater than the other, but that doesn't mean it's past the threshold of "bad".

A more proper analogy is "What do you think is worse: cake or ice cream?"
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-06-19 at 01:13 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

It's a tie between WoW and D3 for me, but I voted D3 because WoW kept me entertained for a long while.

D3, FOr the ammount of resources, time in development and hype and I used to be a fanboy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    still, based on the OP's request: do you believe diablo 3 is worst than diablo 1? it may not have added much, but it added something. do remember diablo 1 only had 3 classes at launch.

my vote went to WC2 (it would be WC1 if WC1 was there). it was a good game, but I feel all the other games on the list are at the very least slightly better than WC2.
    I rank games within the context of the systems and restrictions they came out with. Comparing Diablo 1 with Diablo 3 is like comparing Mario Bros. Arcade with Super Mario Galaxy 2.
    Last edited by Snes; 2012-06-19 at 01:31 AM.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Rock and Roll Racing is probably my vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a tough choice between Diablo 1 and Diablo 3 for me. I ended up choosing Diablo 3 because it didn't introduce anything new, and the replay value is only a fraction of the other games. I have good memories of playing every other game on the list for a long time.

Diablo 3 simply isn't going to stand up to the test of time.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This just feels like a way for you to say you don't like Diablo 3.

You literally left out all the bad games Blizzard had ever made.
    Lumped all of WoW together when in reality it's 4 (soon to be 5) separate games.
    The question itself is a loaded question. You asked which one is the 'worst' implying one of them must be bad.

This poll will trend heavily in D3's favour as "the worst Blizzard title ever" simply because it is the current talk of the town. This poll would have more accuracy in two years time. Right now the data is worthless.

Conversely from a commercial perspective D3 has already been an excellent title with excellent sales figures that are still increasing at a healthy rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post
    This poll will trend heavily in D3's favour as "the worst Blizzard title ever" simply because it is the current talk of the town. This poll would have more accuracy in two years time. Right now the data is worthless.

Conversely from a commercial perspective D3 has already been an excellent title with excellent sales figures that are still increasing at a healthy rate.
    That seems to be reverse logic in my opinion. If it is brand new, then wouldn't it be MORE favorable before everyone has tired of it?

---------- Post added 2012-06-19 at 01:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eadoin View Post
    This just feels like a way for you to say you don't like Diablo 3.

You literally left out all the bad games Blizzard had ever made.
    Lumped all of WoW together when in reality it's 4 (soon to be 5) separate games.
    The question itself is a loaded question. You asked which one is the 'worst' implying one of them must be bad.
    Let's be honest with ourselves. Hardly anyone has played the games that weren't listed. It's sort of a moot point. The fact that he omitted Warcraft seems pretty fair to me.
    Last edited by Callace; 2012-06-19 at 01:56 AM.

Deleted
    Voted Diablo 3.

For me Starcraft 2 is the best Blizzard's game, the chess of the XXI century.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft 2. It's soooooooo slow. Inb4 "hurrr it's old ofc it's slow". There are plenty of RTS' from that time period that were much more advanced.

I suppose D3, but even then it's not a bad game at all. It's great. The thing is comparing Blizzard's past work to D3, it fell way short.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Warcraft 2. It's soooooooo slow. Inb4 "hurrr it's old ofc it's slow". There are plenty of RTS' from that time period that were much more advanced.
    Did you turn the speed up on it? There is a gamespeed bar in the options menu. It runs fast as hell when you crank it.